Starlooks private label manufacture discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meaganola

Uh Huh Her
Reaction score
Has anyone else poked around on the Starlooks site and noticed major changes?  Like everything seems to have been renamed, HD Fluid Blush seems to be gone completely, there's a Body section with nothing in it, Diamondline pencils are now Gem eye pencils, there are now three mascaras, and none of the lip/blush/eye shades we've received in boxes this year except the eye pencils are still around.  I think some of them have been renamed (like Princess Diaries now appears to be Orbit), but the shade names we received in the May box are nowhere to be found, so I'm not sure how to do a blog post about this box because people can't just go to to the Starlooks site and search for the shade names.  Strange things are afoot!  

BUT ANYWAY.  I would love to see an Inifinity lipstick because I've been curious about the formula or a Precision eye brush (not sure which specific one) because I'm lacking something like that right now.  If more eye liners/shadows are sent, I'm definitely hoping for cool yet summery bold colors like purple, aqua, and blue, and I'm starting to always hope for one non-seasonal staple item like a brush.  Receiving a basic item -- powder, a brush, primer, a versatile color product like navy eyeshadow (it works with just about everything and at any time of the year) -- always makes me feel like this subscription pays for itself even if the color items are all wrong for me at that moment (March's lipstick is *still* sitting unused in my Autumn makeup box!).

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone else poked around on the Starlooks site and noticed major changes?  Like everything seems to have been renamed, HD Fluid Blush seems to be gone completely, there's a Body section with nothing in it, Diamondline pencils are now Gem eye pencils, there are now three mascaras, and none of the lip/blush/eye shades we've received in boxes this year except the eye pencils are still around.  I think some of them have been renamed (like Princess Diaries now appears to be Orbit), but the shade names we received in the May box are nowhere to be found, so I'm not sure how to do a blog post about this box because people can't just go to to the Starlooks site and search for the shade names.  Strange things are afoot!  

BUT ANYWAY.  I would love to see an Inifinity lipstick because I've been curious about the formula or a Precision eye brush (not sure which specific one) because I'm lacking something like that right now.  If more eye liners/shadows are sent, I'm definitely hoping for cool yet summery bold colors like purple, aqua, and blue, and I'm starting to always hope for one non-seasonal staple item like a brush.  Receiving a basic item -- powder, a brush, primer, a versatile color product like navy eyeshadow (it works with just about everything and at any time of the year) -- always makes me feel like this subscription pays for itself even if the color items are all wrong for me at that moment (March's lipstick is *still* sitting unused in my Autumn makeup box!).
Interesting! I looked at the Infinity liners, by the way, and HOW PRETTY are Jupiter, Aurora, and Big Bang? OMG.

Yeah, I'm curious about the Infinity lipsticks, too!

My wishlist for the coming months:

Bright shadows,pigments, cream liners, or liquid liners in turquoise, aqua, purple, blue, green...

Lipsticks (infinity or tender gloss) or glosses in any shade but orange, red, or brown.

It'd be fun to get an empty palette, and then periodically get pans to put in it!

They really did a major overhaul. I like how much easier it is to see the colors, but I will dearly miss the hd fluid blushes and my HG lipgloss pink petal rose. I didn't realize things had been renamed, so maybe it is still in there somewhere... That will be tricky for your blog - 'check out this awesome product but you can't have one' lol! I bet people will still love your post though =) I have one of the infinity lipsticks and I love it. I have never had a long wear lipstick so moisturizing before, it doesn't even make sense.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The one thing I would LOVE to see still in the site-update is a color-description-on-hover, like "light shimmery plum" or "deep reddish coral (cream)".  NYX does that on their site, and it's SOooO helpful!

~*~ ETA now I want a light shimmery plum lipstick...  ~*~

Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The one thing I would LOVE to see still in the site-update is a color-description-on-hover, like "light shimmery plum" or "deep reddish coral (cream)".  NYX does that on their site, and it's SOooO helpful!

~*~ ETA now I want a light shimmery plum lipstick...  ~*~
I definitely agree! I always love seeing worded color descriptions.....as for the posts above regarding an empty palette, just a thought, how cool would it be if they sent new subscribers a small empty palette to get started! I think that'd be a nice welcome gift, plus they could offer larger palettes for purchase once you start filling up your smaller one!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I want the HD fluid blushes back, though! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Oh no! I wonder why they took them down!

I don't know, but I really hope they come back. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's definitely worth it, their products are phenomenal and of excellent quality! I know you'll love it.
wink.gif
Thank you, I'm sure I will. Especially compared to dinky little foil packets. Full sized or deluxe sized products are amazing

I'm also kind of confused. I haven't seen any of the lengthy conversation between Marci and Polish Jinx on the starlooks Facebook page. Was it removed or am I looking at the wrong place?

I'm also kind of confused. I haven't seen any of the lengthy conversation between Marci and Polish Jinx on the starlooks Facebook page. Was it removed or am I looking at the wrong place?
I've never seen these convos on the Starlooks page and I'm on there pretty often.

I asked Polish Jinx where the FB convo took place. When she responds I will post here.

Polish Jinx said in her second blog post these conversations were deleted and that they were on Starkooks' wall. One of her screenshots shows the comment zoomed out on Starlooks' page. Companies doing that isn't unheard of around here.

Polish Jinx said in her second blog post these conversations were deleted and that they were on Starkooks' wall. One of her screenshots shows the comment zoomed out on Starlooks' page. Companies doing that isn't unheard of around here.
OK, I missed that then.

It always makes me suspicious when companies delete FB posts comments.

Honestly this doesn't bother me too much.  As a business owner we have been trashed online under the guise of "asking simple questions" and have had to delete the conversations because there is simply no way we could have answered them to their satisfaction - their agenda was not to get clarification but rather to continue to post incendiary comments in the guise of questions so that others would think there was something we were hiding.  You cannot cater to people like that, if you do it appears that you did indeed do something shady.  My work speaks for itself, and honestly Starlooks products speak for themselves for me as well.  I have never heard of these other companies she talks about so apparently Starlooks has penetrated a market these others have not.  Perhaps because of my experiences, I have a little more empathy for Marci than others in this particular situation. 

The only question I would want answered here is does she indeed have a mac chemist on staff?  She's absolutely right about outsourcing manufacturing, and using stock packaging, using the best available formulas and only tweaking where needed.  Common and smart for a startup.  This is just my two cents, not even adjusted for inflation. 

I agree things do seem suspicious as far as the facebook posts go. However, I still love the products and will continue to purchase them since I love their quality, coloring(s) and results!
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back