POPSUGAR Must Have July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not to jump ahead here, but I'm thinking of cancelling because my 6 month membership is over. I used the discount code back around the holidays, so my boxes have been really discounted. I don't think I want to pay full price now...but then I realized July is the 1 year anniversary for PSMH. Do you think they'll do something special? Would you hang in there for that one month or just cancel now? I don't love the box, but the anniversary makes me want to maybe hang in there to see what they do for it.

I did the 6 month sub also- I'm hoping to find a promo code that makes it worth it!!

I would hang in there, but I've liked most of the boxes! July is also my birthday so I am looking forward to celebrating along with PopSugar!

I'm not going to be overly excited for July's box just in case it's going to be a disappointment. I do like the boxes that's been coming out so far which is the reason I decided to stick around. I'm really hoping for some makeup in July's box! Or some kind of GC for makeup like the accessory GC they've sent out last month.

I am hoping it's going to be fantastic.  My birthday is in July, so this will be a present to myself.

I'm hoping their 1 year Anniversary box will be awesome. It would be cool to get some picnic or BBQ items, a huge beach towel, a big straw or canvas beach tote, full-size Dr. Jart's or Skin79 BB cream, popsicle molds and nice lipstick or gloss w/SPF.

So excited for July already!

I'm hoping they send out some items inspired by their "hits" from this year. I don't want too much more summer stuff bc July means summer is half over.

Since we're rounding out year 1- For fun- what everyone's favorite item to date from PS?? It's funny, at first thought, Im thinking the coveted broke down scarf but the item I used the most & I actually just placed a large order for is the gorvino wine glasses- perfect for outdoor/lake living :). What's your fav item??

Since we're rounding out year 1- For fun- what everyone's favorite item to date from PS?? It's funny, at first thought, Im thinking the coveted broke down scarf but the item I used the most & I actually just placed a large order for is the gorvino wine glasses- perfect for outdoor/lake living :). What's your fav item??
The bodum bistro mugs from December :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think my favorite has been the tassel necklace. The thing I've used the most has probably been the mini-mergency kit. I threw it in my purse when I got it and have been glad to have it a few times!

Originally Posted by Dalisay /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The bodum bistro mugs from December
smile.gif
I agree, I've been using them every single day since we got them, and I'm thinking about getting more! They are amazing, and I love that I don't need a coaster for them.

My other favorite would be Revlon lip stain, I wear it a lot, too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like enough things that my usable value does average out to $35 even though I end up not using anything from some boxes.  January went completely unused, for example, and May is mostly unused at the moment (most of the stuff in there is for the sort of weather most of the country gets in May but that my area doesn't get until mid- to late-June.  There is no reason to wear a sun hat when it's cloudy and rainy).  My month-by-month favorites and most-used (spoilered for space):

July

• Favorite:  bag
  • Most-used:  bag

August

• Favorite:  pretzel chips (So good with hummus, and I can get a version at Trader Joe's!  My favorite probably would have been the granola, but one of my kitties ate it before I got a chance!)

September

• Favorite:  scarf
  • Most-used:  bag (I wish it had the colors had been reversed -- pink with gray writing -- to make it easier to find in the bottom of my purse, though)

October

• Favorite:  yoga socks
  • Most-used:  shampoo (my box was one of the last ones sent out, so I received a full-sized bottle, and I'm actually still using it because I rotate between many different shampoos)

Novermber (huh.  I remember *loving* this box, but in retrospect, I haven't really used anything from it)

• Favorite:  StyleMint card (I used it for a JewelMint mystery box and then sold some of the items)
  • Most-used: yoga dvd (gave it away in our office white elephant exchange) 

December

• Favorite:  mugs
  • Most-used:  mugs

January (now that I'm looking at the box contents, I didn't really use much from this one, either)

• Favorite:  watch
  • Most-used:  snack bars

February

• Favorite: lip stain
  • Most-used: lip stain

March

• Favorite: tassel necklace
  • Most-used: tassel necklace

April

• Favorite:  perfume (I actually loved the bracelet, but I hate jewelry on my wrists, and my aunt decided she wanted it, so I gave it to her)
  • Most-used:  perfume

May

• Favorite:  hat (I haven't used it yet, but it hasn't been very sunny here, so I haven't really had a reason to use it.  I was actually thinking about buying a foldable hat like this for the summer because sun and I do *not* get along, so I was thrilled to see it in the box last month!)
  • Most-used:  lip tint (it would be the beautyblender, but I'm still using my old bb and haven't used this one yet)
Looking over the June box,

I'm thinking it's going to be a tie between the wrap and the book for favorite.  Most-used will definitely be the wrap.  Or maybe whatever I get with the gift card.  I wasn't going to get anything, but now I see that they have honeycomb earrings and necklaces (bees and honey are A Thing for my family because my great-grandmother was a beekeeper) as well as hummingbird necklaces (my grandmother *loved* hummingbirds, and when she was dying, she told my aunt that any time we see a hummingbird, it's her coming back to visit us).  
Overall, I think my favorite and most-used were both from September:  The scarf and bag.  I used the scarf all through autumn, although I put it away over the winter because I needed a warmer scarf then.  It's time to dig it out again, though!  And I keep my perfume rollerballs in the bag so they're not all rolling around in my purse, and I use something from that stash just about every workday.

I think my favorites are the perfume, thong, necklace, hot chocolate, lip stain, mascara, and the mindy cards (my husband and I kept playing with them and he was making me laugh.)

It's funny but my favorites and most used have been the bracelet and perfume from the April box.  It was definitely the least impressive box that I received but it ended up being the only box I used every product from (subbed since Jan) and the one I used the most often.  

I took a break from popsugar in June because I was on vacation but I think I'm going to do a 3 month subscription starting in July.  Hopefully they'll release a coupon code soon.

You ladies are bringing up some fab items!!   I really forgot about how much awesome stuff that we've gotten over the past year from PS- I really do LOVE them!! 

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like enough things that my usable value does average out to $35 even though I end up not using anything from some boxes.  January went completely unused, for example, and May is mostly unused at the moment (most of the stuff in there is for the sort of weather most of the country gets in May but that my area doesn't get until mid- to late-June.  There is no reason to wear a sun hat when it's cloudy and rainy).  My month-by-month favorites and most-used (spoilered for space):

July

• Favorite:  bag

August

• Favorite:  pretzel chips (So good with hummus, and I can get a version at Trader Joe's!  My favorite probably would have been the granola, but one of my kitties ate it before I got a chance!)

September

• Favorite:  scarf
  • Most-used:  bag (I wish it had the colors had been reversed -- pink with gray writing -- to make it easier to find in the bottom of my purse, though)

October

• Favorite:  yoga socks
  • Most-used:  shampoo (my box was one of the last ones sent out, so I received a full-sized bottle, and I'm actually still using it because I rotate between many different shampoos)

Novermber (huh.  I remember *loving* this box, but in retrospect, I haven't really used anything from it)

• Favorite:  StyleMint card (I used it for a JewelMint mystery box and then sold some of the items)
  • Most-used: yoga dvd (gave it away in our office white elephant exchange) 

December

• Favorite:  mugs
  • Most-used:  mugs

January (now that I'm looking at the box contents, I didn't really use much from this one, either)

• Favorite:  watch
  • Most-used:  snack bars

February

• Favorite: lip stain
  • Most-used: lip stain

March

• Favorite: tassel necklace
  • Most-used: tassel necklace

April

• Favorite:  perfume (I actually loved the bracelet, but I hate jewelry on my wrists, and my aunt decided she wanted it, so I gave it to her)
  • Most-used:  perfume

May

• Favorite:  hat (I haven't used it yet, but it hasn't been very sunny here, so I haven't really had a reason to use it.  I was actually thinking about buying a foldable hat like this for the summer because sun and I do *not* get along, so I was thrilled to see it in the box last month!)
  • Most-used:  lip tint (it would be the beautyblender, but I'm still using my old bb and haven't used this one yet)
Looking over the June box,

I'm thinking it's going to be a tie between the wrap and the book for favorite.  Most-used will definitely be the wrap.  Or maybe whatever I get with the gift card.  I wasn't going to get anything, but now I see that they have honeycomb earrings and necklaces (bees and honey are A Thing for my family because my great-grandmother was a beekeeper) as well as hummingbird necklaces (my grandmother *loved* hummingbirds, and when she was dying, she told my aunt that any time we see a hummingbird, it's her coming back to visit us).  
Overall, I think my favorite and most-used were both from September:  The scarf and bag.  I used the scarf all through autumn, although I put it away over the winter because I needed a warmer scarf then.  It's time to dig it out again, though!  And I keep my perfume rollerballs in the bag so they're not all rolling around in my purse, and I use something from that stash just about every workday.
My sister has the honeycomb earrings from an Anthro purchase. I love them and may have to get my own pair. 

I signed up just now and July will be my first box. I liked what I saw of May and June, so I hope that July is nice too. I'm not sure how long I'll stick with it, but I thought it would be fun to give it a try. 

June was my first box ( told myself one month as a bday gift to myself). Other than the DVD I was really happy with everything. Debating if I should stay for July!? It might be a great one because of the anniversary!

It's a sad day. I have canceled my PopSugar. :-( Although I LOVE everything in our boxes, I'm finding that most items aren't being used and are just sitting in my closet so I'm saying goodbye for now. I hope the anniversary box is awesome for all of y'all getting July's box. I'm sure I'll be jealous but my bank account will appreciate the extra $37 next month. LOL I'm also going back to one Birchbox account too so I'll be down to BB, Ipsy and Goodies (which I'm giving just a couple more months). All good things must end. ;-)

Latest posts

Back