Julep July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JC327

Jay
Reaction score
So lets hope July goes a lot better than June. Wonder if they are doing something special for the 4th of July? Also I believe July is their anniversary month.

Last year, they had two glitter polishes since Canada Day is July 1st, so Canadian subscribers received the Canadian polish, and US subscribers received the other one (America the Beautiful, I think). They were both beautiful, and I think that might have been the first month when we could add a polish, so Canadians could add the US polish and vice versa. Their anniversary is in August, so we still have a couple of months to go for that.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last year, they had two glitter polishes since Canada Day is July 1st, so Canadian subscribers received the Canadian polish, and US subscribers received the other one (America the Beautiful, I think). They were both beautiful, and I think that might have been the first month when we could add a polish, so Canadians could add the US polish and vice versa. Their anniversary is in August, so we still have a couple of months to go for that.
Thanks for letting me know! When I googled it some post said July some said August. I hope they do something like that again I would love a patriotic nail polish.

Because of their shipping schedule, the anniversary choices go up on July 20th, and that is considered the August box. Going through my email, I see that the first boxes for the whole program shipped out in early August 2011. I signed up the day after the program launched, and that first box shipped on August 8th of that year, and then the choices for September went up on August 20th. (And I was actually a salon client when I lived in Seattle, and I just realized I received a survey about whether I would be interested in a polish sub on July 26 of that year, so they went from surveying customers to sub launch in about two weeks, in case anyone was wondering about that.)

Because of their shipping schedule, the anniversary choices go up on July 20th, and that is considered the August box. Going through my email, I see that the first boxes for the whole program shipped out in early August 2011. I signed up the day after the program launched, and that first box shipped on August 8th of that year, and then the choices for September went up on August 20th.

(And I was actually a salon client when I lived in Seattle, and I just realized I received a survey about whether I would be interested in a polish sub on July 26 of that year, so they went from surveying customers to sub launch in about two weeks, in case anyone was wondering about that.)
That's so cool that you have been with them from the beginning. I really hope July and August are more like May than June lol.

I think I'm skipping this month. I just discovered other indie brands and kind of went overboard. Like waaaaay overboard. 
icon_redface.gif

Whoooo July already! 
smile.gif
 I'm just hoping for something other than cremes this month...could use some more interesting finishes in my collection. 

Also interested to see what the beauty products they send out this month are...hmmm...

I would love a sort of reverse of last year's 4th of July: Blue micro glitter with larger red glitter and white/silver stars.

Whoooo July already!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'm just hoping for something other than cremes this month...could use some more interesting finishes in my collection.  Also interested to see what the beauty products they send out this month are...hmmm...
Yes! I would even take foil polish and I don't like the look of foil polish.

I would love a sort of reverse of last year's 4th of July: Blue micro glitter with larger red glitter and white/silver stars.
That sounds great.  Nice idea.

That sounds awesome I would love that!

Hopefully this month they do something really cool like May! I had pretty much a dupe for every color last month, so I hope this month is different.

Yes to different finishes! As much as I enjoy julep I always feel like they're a bit behind the curve with trends. Although they did get the sea salts out in decent timing with other brands.

Originally Posted by avonleabelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoooo July already! 
smile.gif
 I'm just hoping for something other than cremes this month...could use some more interesting finishes in my collection. 

Also interested to see what the beauty products they send out this month are...hmmm...
Yes! I would even take foil polish and I don't like the look of foil polish.

Absolutely agreed!

any guesses for what the product of the month will be?
The first guess that popped in my head was sunscreen but I'm probably way off! I really hope it's hand and nail related whatever it is!

Originally Posted by AtomicBunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The first guess that popped in my head was sunscreen but I'm probably way off! I really hope it's hand and nail related whatever it is!
sunscreen makes sense, but they already have that spf 30 product and then we got the DD cream that also had spf... so I'm not sure if they'd roll out another one. I also hope it's a more hand/nail related item, I'm over the beauty stuff!

Originally Posted by AtomicBunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif

dito.gif

Latest posts

Back