Sign in to follow this  
JC327

Julep July 2013

Originally Posted by Squidling View Post

Do it. Adele isn't a gold-gold polish...it's a topcoat! EEEEEE! :-)

I didn't know that! I must get it now, thanks! (:

Originally Posted by AshY View Post

I need nail polish rehab!!! I upgraded this month and added Fireworks from Julep. I caught an Ulta sale and got 3 orlys and 3 zoyas for about $4.75 a piece.  Now I am going to Orlybeauty.com to buy 6 instant artist design polish bottles, 3 tools, and a regular bottle of polish. Help me!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll get no help from me. I've bought over 50 new polishes in the past 2 weeks! smiletongue.gif

On that note, I chose It Girl with Blakely, Cassie, & Adele add-ons. Now, let's see if I have the self-control to let it stay that way and not upgrade before the deadline. laughno.gif

i just skipped.. i was interested in the body oil but none of the color combos appealed to me.

Will anyone buy me Tracy?? PLEAAAAAASE icon_smile.gif I can pay you via PayPal unless youre in LA, gladly meet up! I want that polish sooooo bad but I just spent about 60 at the warehouse sale icon_cry.gif

I was really close to picking the Bombshell box - I saw the pink and bronze and was like Ooh! But then I realised that I've got some polishes in closes that are very, very close to those shades, so I switched to the BoHo Glam, because I don't have much in the way of blues. Picked Adele for an add on. =)

has anyone come across sneak peek maven swatches? i can't find any and although i'm set on getting the upgrade, it would make me even more excited to see unaltered swatches.

I can't decide between Modern Beauty (for the Sea Salt Texture Spray) and Boho Glam (for Karen).  I'm getting Adele and Fireworks regardless of what box I choose.  It would be cheaper to get the Modern Beauty box with Adele, Fireworks, and Karen as add ons, so I think I'll stick with that.

I decided to re-sort my polishes by brand instead of by color, and I think I may have found a dupe for Bunny, i love the idea of a white with gold glitter, but none of the swatches impressed me, so I found Essie Tennis Corset today, I got it for $1.99 at TJ's , and over white it looks awesome!

I am also trying to talk myself out of Blakely (wtf name is that, reminds me of this picture eusa_wall.gif)

anyway, I found zoya Adina which over a dark teal base will probably give the same effect.

where do people get those nail circles for swatches? thanks!
Try eBay. I went with the stick ones myself, 200 of them for maybe $10? It's awesome. I swatched everything and have the swatches organized by color on rings (labeled with brand and color name) then alphabetized the bottles by brand. My OCD is showing, but it makes it super easy to find what I want :)

I decided to re-sort my polishes by brand instead of by color, and I think I may have found a dupe for Bunny, i love the idea of a white with gold glitter, but none of the swatches impressed me, so I found Essie Tennis Corset today, I got it for $1.99 at TJ's , and over white it looks awesome! LL I am also trying to talk myself out of Blakely (wtf name is that, reminds me of this picture eusa_wall.gif) LL anyway, I found zoya Adina which over a dark teal base will probably give the same effect.
The polish is super pretty. The other pic is....interesting ;)

Sara Blakely is the youngest self-made female billionaire on _Forbes_magazine's list of world billionaires. She invented Spanx. Dunno if that's where they were going with that one, though.

Originally Posted by r4chel77 View Post

where do people get those nail circles for swatches? thanks!

You can buy the circle ones at Sally's. Like accostak, I use the sticks. You can find both types super cheap on Amazon & eBay.

Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

Sara Blakely is the youngest self-made female billionaire on _Forbes_magazine's list of world billionaires. She invented Spanx. Dunno if that's where they were going with that one, though.

I thought their name scheme was female first names, which Zoya and Julep both seem to have taken a bit of liberty with and have ventured into stripper name territory (Chyna etc.)  Why set yourself up to be so restricted farther in the future when presumably you will be more successful and make more colors! There really are a limited number of names. 

OPI is still my top pick for clever polish names from a major brand. The indy polish brands followed suit and generally have clever names.

I know of a couple little girls named Blakely (and Trista of Bachelorette fame has a Blakesly). It's unique for sure, it falls into the current trend of surnames and first names for girls. It was #545 on the Social Security name list last year. 

I wish the upgrade had fireworks- I would be soooo in- right now I'm modern beauty + Adele+ fireworks+ Blakely. I would spend the extra $15 for a full upgrade but then I miss out on fireworks. I just can't justify spending $60 to get the full upgrade with fireworks.

Originally Posted by cari12 View Post

I know of a couple little girls named Blakely (and Trista of Bachelorette fame has a Blakesly). It's unique for sure, it falls into the current trend of surnames and first names for girls. It was #545 on the Social Security name list last year. 

interesting! 

I was just reading somewhere that the sweet spot for names is picking #50-200 and using the "correct/formal" spelling

that way they are common enough that most people will know how to spell it without asking you for clarification, but not common enough that your kid will end up with 3 friends with the same name ala brittney, megan, sarah etc.

because its nice to want your baby to have a unique name, but its a bit selfish to give them something that will create unnecessary confusion their whole lives.

Originally Posted by MissTrix View Post

OPI does come up with great names. I also love Butter London's names. smilehappyyes.gif

I love them, british slang is amazing

I still haven't decided what to do for this month.  I really love Karen in Boho Glam and Adele but I'm not sure about Faye.  Not sure if I should go with Boho Glam or skip.  This decision would be a lot easier if the sea salt spray were in our boxes instead of the dry oil.  I've been wanting to try a sea salt spray forever.

Originally Posted by Shauna999 View Post

Is there a maximum of skipping boxes we can do before they cancel my maven account?

I'm pretty sure you can skip as long as you want. I haven't seen anything about them closing your account. Even if you did and you want to come back, they'll reinstate your Jules.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

I'm pretty sure you can skip as long as you want. I haven't seen anything about them closing your account. Even if you did and you want to come back, they'll reinstate your Jules.
Thanks girl- I was planning on skipping but julep selections are haunting me- Seriously... I can admit I'm crazy & have a problem.. Lol but serious