BBBeginner Cream

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I have never used BB Cream and I just heard that it can substitute for a lot of products/step used in applying makeup.  I have watched beginner makeup videos and the steps that I have found are 1. Use Cleanser 2. Use Toner 3. Use Moisturizer 4. Use Primer 5. Foundation..... how many of these steps can BB Cream substitute? All of them? 3 of them? I think even if I get BB Cream I will still keep cleansing and toning but since I have acne right now but if my acne eventually goes away can I use BB Cream as all 5 steps?

What is your favorite or recommended BB Cream? Do you like BB Cream better than

Foundation? I am just new to BB Cream and was wondering...I watched a youtube video on BB Cream and it seems it can substitute a lot of steps but I am just wondering which ones.

I personally apply the BB cream then my bare minerals foundation, the bb cream has SPF in it and is tinted so it provides sun protection and gives me some color, anything with SPF needs to be the closest to your skin. I think the bb cream then the foundation looks good on my face

Thanks for the advice Lizzy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Do you use any cleansers, toners, moisturizers,primer before that or does BB cream take of that stuff?

All I do is wash my face with water in the morning (face wash at night) the BB cream takes care of the rest

I essentially just replaced my foundation with my BB Cream. So I wash my face, use a mattifying serum, a moisturizer, then a primer, then BB cream. After that I use any concealer if necessary, an undereye brightener and set it with a translucent mineral powder. The BB Cream is just lighter than foundation and more breathable (usually). I don't know your skin tone but my favorite inexpensive BB Cream is L'Oreal's Magic BB Cream. It's very soft, blends excellently with my skin and coloring and gives wonderful coverage for redness (tones it down quite a bit and evens out). To take everything off, I spritz my face with a makeup remover spray to loosen the formulas of the products, then I use a makeup wipe, do a deep cleanse with my clarisonic mia 2 and a cleanser (you would be shocked to see how much makeup wipes miss!), then I moisturize with an argan oil.

To me BB Creams are just a wonderful replacement for heavy foundations. They keep your skin soft, make it more breathable, like I said, and you could even find some that prime your face as well. Some also have SPF!

Hope this helps!

I used to use foundation, but I'm totally switched over to BB cream. I alternate between three brands for the most part. My favorite for everyday is Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream. It comes in several shades; I am veryn light-skinned but with a lot of freckles and pink undertones and I use #21. If I need more moisture, I'll use Skin79 Hot Pink Super Plus BB Cream. I am currently using Hanskin Premium Super Perfect Magic BB Cream.

I still cleanse and tone, but I only need a night moisturizer when I use BB cream, not a daytime moisturizer. The BB creams that I get have SPF, moisturizer, wrinkle treatment, and help lighten dark spots and red spots. I have not liked the American BB creams that I have tried, only the Asian ones, but many people do. That being said, I use the Asian ones that cater more to Westerners.

So for my daytime routine, my BB cream replaces moisturizer, primer, foundation, sunblock, and I can almost always skip any setting powder.

Skin79northamerica.com has miniature sizes that you can buy to try out their different kinds. Missha often has sales.

Sometimes there are charts that help you to select:

I have found that I only know which ones work for me if I blend them on my face and wear for at least ten minutes. If I swatch them on my hand, none of them look like they match. But when blended out and oxidized, they look great.

Thanks LizzieLeopard, Cheshire Cookie, and sleepykat for all the helpful responses. I think I might try either the L'Oreal one or the Perfect Cover BB Cream. I read a review on youtube about the Olay one and it sounded like it was quite a greasy product so I probably am going to skip that one.

Back