Found My Perfect Foundation After 20+ Years!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm in my late 30s & my entire life, it's been extremely tough finding my perfect foundation.  Usually the shade isn't quite right.  If by the rare chance the shade is right, the coverage isn't heavy enough.  I've been wearing Estee Lauder's Double Matte & Doble Wear for the longest years with the occasional hunts for other brands without much success.

However!...I finally found what I think is my PERFECT foundation: 

Kat Von D's Lock-It tattoo Foundation!  It's got absolutely everything I want:

- full coverage

- 24-hour wear

- transfer resistant

- matter finish

- fragrance & oil free

- for all skin types (but specifically for oily would be nice)

How many years has this particulat product been out?  Well, better late than never!

This line is fairly new so hopefully for your sake it sticks around... but what color do you use?

I too depending on the time of year have the same issues but I found mines with MUFE although im not a huge fan of there's as of yet but I guess with time i'll get pass Mac and move on LoL

I use their Medium 62.  I kinda like MUFE...actually, I'd like to explore their line more, but I'll hold onto Kat Von D's for as long as their around!

I really like Kat Von D's Lock it too. You have to moisturizer really well under it because it's makes dry spots really stand out. It's the most full coverage makeup I've ever seen! Truly full coverage in every sense of the word!

I don't have to worry about moisturizing underneath.  My skin is so incredibly oily & gets shiny so fast, it's not even funny!

I haven't tried this foundation, but I have tried her blush and I love it. It is so pigmented. Maybe I can get a sample of it when I go to Sephora next time. I have a HG foundation, but I'm always open to new things.

Back