Cortisone Shots For Acne Cysts

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a couple of acne cystic pimples on my jawline that are huge. Its red and inflamed. Its like a pustule but really big and a few of them. Im very depressed b/c of this. They are very painful. I read about these cortisone shots online and most ppl say it helps for those inflamed cystic pimples. However there are some cases where it didn't go right such as atrophy. But from what i read, the atrophy in the skin gets better within 2 months with most people. Would you suggest getting these cortisone shots based on your experience? Most ppl say they got it b/c they couldnt stand those huge cystic pimples on their face so would you say do it? These cystic pimples are huge and it usually takes 1 month at the minimum for it to get better and longer for it to be able to pop. I can't even pop it now. Of course it scars as well when i pop it. Would love if any of you can tell me what was your situation and if it did good or bad for you. I mean i don't mind having a dent on my face for 2 months b/c these cystic pimples are just huge. I seen some photos of ppl who had dents but they are from ppl who have it on their cheeks and if these cystic pimple is on my cheek, i might not do it. But since its around the jawline, i want to.

I have cystic acne on my chin, but I prefer to try to do anything possible before having to see a doctor and take more drastic measures. The way I deal with mine is:

• Healthier Diet (lots of water)
  • Warm Towel Compress when I feel one starting (up to 8X a day if needed) - keeps the inflammation down, the worse the acne is, the more you need to use the compress and for more sessions
  • Wash my Face morning and night - keep in clean is key
  • As SOON as I get home from work, take the makeup off...again...keeping it clean really helps!
  • Burt's Bees Salicylic Spot Treatment every night before bed
  • NO popping the cyst until it is ready and when it is, it will be very very easy
  • When it's ready to pop, it will come to a head, NO squeezing is involved, just light pushing down around the area. You don't want the infection to go deeper into the skin

This does the trick for me, mine will usually go away within a week or so with light redness for a few weeks that's easily coverable with concealer if needed. I haven't had one in quite a while using this method. If you DO have very difficult cystic acne that's unmanageable though, you definitely need to consult a dermatologist. Have you seen one yet?

Acne comes from inside, and usually is a result of an infection in the blood. One of the most important things you can do is to drink water which helps the kidneys to clean the blood more effectively. There are some things that you can do to help not make the acne worse

http://pinterest.com/pin/500884789776601968/

I read an article on acne and it said not to be afraid of accutane. So many people do not want to go down that road, but in all honesty after 3 months of dry parched skin and dry throat and lips, eventually it's gone for good. For your self esteem? It's worth it
rocknroll2.gif

Back