Help this fading face

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My skin is a bit on the dry side and within the past year I have been getting dry red patches on my face. I'm in my early 40s and my makeup is gone by mid day. I live in Texas so the heat and humidity at a factor I know. I've been wearing Clinique but it doesn't seem to work for me. Any suggestions? I also have a lazy eye that tends to be dark.

I totally understand the Texas issue! lol I live here as well...have you seen a dermatologist yet? What type of moisturizers are you using? (both day and night).

No I have not seen a dermatologist. It's not in the budget right now as I am a f/t student. I've been using Clunique moisture surge in the AM. Since my face gas been irritated I've been using A&D ointment at night for the last 3 nights and it has gotten better. But I'd like to see my makeup last thru the day.

How about exfoliating? Also, what type of makeup are you using, foundations, powders and such?
smile.gif

I do exfoliate. I'm currently using Clinique super moisture or their even better. I use este Lauder primer. Try to stay away from the powder. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'd definitely see a dermatologist. It's hard to diagnose without being there
smile.gif
Anytime there are dry, red patches on the skin, you probably want to get it looked at. It could be a reaction to something, it could be eczema, it could be an infection, or it could just be hormonal! I think you'd feel better getting it looked at though, I know I would
wink.gif

Good luck and let us know what happens!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd definitely see a dermatologist. It's hard to diagnose without being there
smile.gif
Anytime there are dry, red patches on the skin, you probably want to get it looked at. It could be a reaction to something, it could be eczema, it could be an infection, or it could just be hormonal! I think you'd feel better getting it looked at though, I know I would
wink.gif

Good luck and let us know what happens!
I totally agree, my first reaction was to tell you to go see one. It may be simple dry skin or it could be worse. Don't mess around with irregularities in you skin. Keep it moisturized and try not to use anything drying (ie: your facewash)

Good luck!

It could be that you are using products too intense for your skin. I have dry skin and it's hard to find that balance of products that aid your skin without actually further drying it out. Have you been using the Clinique for very long? Maybe you should try switching to something less intensive and see if that helps. Also, these girls are right in that you should go see a dermatologist. Good luck!

Back