Birchbox July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Birchbox just announced that the July theme is USA's "Suits"

From BB:

Quote:
ANNOUNCING: BIRCHBOX X SUITS
  If you’ve been a Birchbox subscriber (or reader) for awhile, you know that we’ve had some pretty awesome partnerships: Teen Vogue, Gossip Girl, and Women’s Health, to name a few. This July, we have yet another exciting venture coming to a Birchbox near you—we’re linking up with USA’s hit show SUITS to celebrate the Season 3 premiere July 16!

Need a refresher? Get up to speed with this excellent synopsis from the snappy gents of Birchbox Man:

If you haven’t seen it yet, trust us: You’re missing out. The show’s main characters, Harvey and Mike, work at a high-powered New York law firm. Harvey has a law degree from Harvard. Mike, unbeknownst to everyone except Harvey, doesn’t have a law degree at all. The series is smart, stylish, and absolutely addictive. And the clothes? Second to none.

On a sultry summer night, what’s better than a juicy series featuring sharp-tongued, well-dressed individuals? In our opinion, not a whole lot. (OK, a pint of ice cream would make it even better.)

But the SUIT-ed fun doesn’t stop there. We’re also giving you the chance to win DVD box sets of the first two seasons, explore stylish picks from the SUITS team in your July boxes, and discover exciting content (hint: Check our Youtube channel for more very soon!).

Stay tuned for more updates!

xo,
Birchbox

http://blog.birchbox.com/post/52976633867/announcing-birchbox-x-suits-if-youve-been-a

Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

interesting, but i hope that doesn't mean we'll get a sample for ' the suits in our lives'
rofl2.gif

U G H I'm so over Suits. Season 2 ruined everyone for me, especially when they kept trying to bus my favourite character Donna (well ruined everyone except Donna. And Jessica because Gina Torres is fabulous). >| Angry face. And I've been over Mike/Rachel since the moment they tried to push it on us (episode 1). So.

But one thing Suits has going on for it is that it always looks super classy because lawyers (l o l), so I'm totally up for this collab. And I mean grown-up classy and not rich high schooler classy, Gossip Girl.

Please please please don't disappoint me this month Birchbox. The last two boxes have been crap for me, and I have 6 months left on my yearly. I really don't want to cash out if I don't have to, so you got two more boxes to impress me again.

The managing partner of the law firm is actually a woman.  One of my favorite shows right now. 

But knowing birchbox, I can totally see them products for guys in there to cross-promote their BB man box.

Originally Posted by BlackMagicRose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Interesting... I've never seen the show, but I am going to law school. Do they have female attorneys on the show? Also, are we sure this isn't just for the men's boxes? Oh nvm, this site says the women's box will be a "partially-themed Suits box:" http://adage.com/article/media/usa-s-suits-birchbox-themed-box/242072/

Originally Posted by BlackMagicRose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Interesting... I've never seen the show, but I am going to law school. Do they have female attorneys on the show? Also, are we sure this isn't just for the men's boxes? Oh nvm, this site says the women's box will be a "partially-themed Suits box:" http://adage.com/article/media/usa-s-suits-birchbox-themed-box/242072/
Yes! They have Jessica Pearson, who is actually the name-partner of the firm ;D She's fabulous, HBIC (and a WoC!)

And also Donna, one of the main character's assistants who is a fab redhead HBIC. She's not a lawyer, but she's basically the most awesome person alive.

You said it, Donna.

And Rachel who... well a lot of people like I guess and her actress seems cool but I want to stab with a pointy spork no offense to you Rachel, sorry. :|

She is really pretty though, and smart and put-together, so I wouldn't be upset if she were an inspiration for the box.

I'm super over the show, but I do like all the female characters in the show much better than the male characters. Though the male characters are fine and men in suits in general is very hot. Overall, a good collab/theme to do. Looking forward to this.

July is my first month with Birchbox, so I'll be really bummed if we get men's products/samples in our boxes...do they do this often??

Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif
July is my first month with Birchbox, so I'll be really bummed if we get men's products/samples in our boxes...do they do this often??
The only times they've done it was during Christmas with a sharing theme and last June for Father's Day (or something like it). So I just don't see it happening. Though you can never tell with Birchbox. If they do it though, it'll most likely be something on the unisex side.

Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Merp. I am not a fan of the show!
the show looks a little too male centered for my liking, but as long as the boxes are good, i won't complain.

Is Birchbox usually consistent with their shipping?? I'm new to beauty subs in general, but it seems like they all tend to ship at random times..

Latest posts

Back