MakeupTalk Member Meetups!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Inspired by the San Diego Meetup Thread, I thought I'd make an unofficial meetup thread to help you ladies organize some meetups.

If you're interested in attending a meet up, please post which location(s) you'd like to be added to.  If you're interested in trying to organize (find a location/create a thread), let me know and I'll put an asterisk by your name.  If/when enough people are listed for your area, someone with an asterisk might want to create your own thread for a specific meetup, and I'll add it to the upcoming/past meetups list.

I'll keep this first post updated with general areas and a list of names of people who are in that area, and have an asterisk near names that would like to organize a meet up.

If enough names show up in an area, someone with an asterisk might be able to get some folks together for some more mini-meet ups!

(some names were pulled from those who sounded interested in the San Diego thread)

California (Southern):

Past Meetups: June 2013

Next Meetup: San Diego Meetup August 13 2013 - Coordinated by Tabasc

Tabasc (San Diego)

JessP* (San Diego)

wadedl (San Diego)

lovepink (San Diego)

Director/Reija (San Diego, Orange County)

sunchan (Orange County)

naturalactions (Orange County)

ewiggy (Los Angeles)

iPretty949 (Orange County)

nicepenguins (Santa Barbara until August)

California (Northern):

heartsandwhimsy (Santa Rosa, 45 minutes north of San Francisco)

Missglammygirl (San Francisco) viccckyhoang (Hayward/Union City/Fremont, willing to travel to SF) sparklegirl (Bay area) lexxies22 (Bay Area) flipslopskt (Monterey, will go to SF)
Florida:

lissa1307 (Northern/Jacksonville)

nikkimouse (North Central - Orlando, Jacksonville, Savannah, Tampa)

Georgia:

kawaiimeows

Heather Hicks (NorthWest Georgia)

nicepenguins (moving after August)

GoDawgs (Atlanta)

Illinois:

Upcoming Meetup:

Chicago: Sunday, September 29, meeting at 10am at Sephora Water Tower - Coordinated by Dayo Steph

Dayo Steph (Chicago)

allistra44 (in Wisconsin but willing to travel to Chicago)

bellerenee (Chicago)

wurly (Chicago)

lilsxkitten (Chicago)

ChicagoBlonde (Chicago)

AmandaWarwick (Lincoln Park, Chicago)

Massachusetts:

kellsbells (Boston)

Michigan:

OiiO (St. Joseph)

allistra44 (in Wisconsin but willing to travel)

Minnesota:

Delicia (Minneapolis)

New York:

Kies3285

Tennessee:

Heather Hicks (Chattanooga)

ttanner2005 (Clarksville, near Fort Campbell and Hopkinsville KY, willing to go to Nashville)

Texas:

Meahlea (Dallas Forth Worth)

CheshireCookie (Houston)

norther (Houston)

loveforeva21 (Houston)

Washington:

MissLindaJean (Seattle-Tacoma)

derpyderp (Seattle-Tacoma)

ButterflyGrl (Southeast, but willing to go to Seattle-Tacoma)

Washington DC:

Playdinloops

Wisconsin:

allistra44

Suggested locations for meetups: IMATS, Makeup Show, parks, restaurants, some place public!

Ideas: Perhaps your group might want to have everybody bring a small gift to trade when you show up, like a nail polish so you can all leave with a small surprise :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

These aren't official MUT meetings, and MakeupTalk does not officially endorse, sponsor, or take responsibility or liability for anything about these meetings, but if you ladies (and gents!) want to meet up, hopefully this might make it easier to meet your fellow MakeupTalker.

I hope everyone gets to experience a meet up!  It is a lot of fun!  

Also I know there is a thread on here somewhere with the ladies of New York who have met up (no pictures) they are the only other group I know of that has met up.

Some helpful tips.  Bring your stuff in easily viewed containers (Glossyboxes, Birchboxes etc)

Qtips, makeup remover wipes, cotton rounds, or those beauty qtips-pointy on one end, flat on the other-for swatching.  Some people are ok with swatches others are not.

Mirrors, cell phones (for flashlight purposes in low level lighting situations.  Potentially a camera if you want to post a picture.  Having only cell phones we had issues with vampire eyes!

Paper pieces for spraying perfume on or swatching nail polishes

Can't wait to see all the meet ups!

I'm close enough that a Seattle-Tacoma meet up would be perfect, so anyone in WA that's around those areas, holla! Lol.

So exciting!
biggrin.gif

Adding Florida to the list!  Anybody else want to be added to the list, please post on this thread or send me a PM and I'll get the original post edited!

Point of Note, Makeup Show Orlando will be in Florida September 28-29 in case anybody is interested in doing a Florida Meet up in September.

Hi y'all! Nice thread! 

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm close enough that a Seattle-Tacoma meet up would be perfect, so anyone in WA that's around those areas, holla! Lol.
I'm close to Seattle-Tacoma too! Olympia here. Yaaaay Washington! 
star.gif

Ok, I hope my posting will add me to this thread to get notifications. I am in Northwest Georgia about 30-40 minutes under Chattanooga, Tennessee, but, we could be moving soon. Will have to wait to see where. Glad to see this forum exists already though!

Heather, I added you under Georgia and Tennessee just in case more people show up there. Let me know when you move/locations change and I'll update you on the lists :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@derpyderp and @Dayo Steph got you added

I'm in South Eastern Washington, but I could definitely go to the Sea/Tac area!

I'm all about meeting people! I'm in north central fl so any where from Orlando to Jacksonville is easily doable. I could even go as far as Savannah or Tampa.  As for the Makeup Show Orlando I thought that was only for professionals, or people in the business. 

Edit to add that I would work on arraigning a local one if there are people in my area interested in meeting up.

Latest posts

Back