Birchbox Man July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all you guys and girls, once again I've been charged for the Man box. Very excited to see what they give out this month, (last month was pretty good), anyone have any ideas??

Ah, so they are doing something similar with the Women's box. There will probably be product overlap again! (4th month in a row my bf and I will receive some of the same products, lol)

Ugh. They reveal 2 products on ET "Exclusively" and one of them is the Go 24/7 Body Wash?? Are you F&%KING JOKING?!?!?! Considering the fact that they are definitely getting paid a TON of money to plug "Suits" in the box and on the site, I'm hoping they actually use the money to get a bunch of new product samples to send out instead of just adding a couple of "Suits" inspired lifestyle products with repeats of the last 6 months samples.

Yikes that really stinks....the products definitely seem to be repeats. I really don't think they have a solid product variety for men quite yet. Very frustrating cuz you guys need variety!

My fiance just got off the waitlist! I'm super excited since this will be his first month. Do the guys gets points like the girls boxes do?

Originally Posted by mariahk83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes they do! They don't get anniversary coupon codes like we do though....
 Yes, they absolutely do get coupon codes. My husband has received codes the exact same months as the womens box. If you aren't getting codes you should look into that because they definitely give them!

Originally Posted by emily9763 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, they absolutely do get coupon codes. My husband has received codes the exact same months as the womens box. If you aren't getting codes you should look into that because they definitely give them!
I think the coupon codes come at the 3-month subscription point and the Birchbox anniversary date each year. The video sneak-peek is up and the products being offered seem really strong for the more "businessy" guys out there, but it'll be interesting to see what the box variations end up being. 

Collar stays and lapel flowers are great if you wear a suit regularly, but if not, they'll probably end up sitting around most of the time. It'll be the real test of Birchbox to see how much they take personal preferences into account with this one. Hopefully there won't be as many repeats as usual, even though the photos posted before the video preview showed many, so it'll be a wait-and-see type of thing

Here's the video preview for the box. Seems like a really good selection of new items, but I hope everybody will be getting that 9-piece sample set of the products mentioned at the end. Honestly, I'd be happy getting that and whatever else they throw in as opposed to getting those collar stays or lapel flower that I'd likely use once a year (if that.) The card holder looks dope, though, so I'm really hoping I get one of those things. 

Thanks for posting the video. The products look great and there doesn't seem to be any repeats. This box looks perfect for my boyfriend as he wears a suit to work everyday, so here's hoping he gets the magnetic collar stays and the lapel flower.

interesting! My finance hasn't gotten any anniversary coupon codes...like the 20off3month etc

In regards to repeat products, I've noticed they don't include them in the spoiler videos for that month - typically you find out if they're repeating past samples after the boxes have actually shipped by looking at your box page and seeing what's listed. In regards to the coupon codes, maybe it depends on whether or not the subscription was a gift or purchased by yourself? Could be a possibility, but I'm not sure.

Really digging the new items this month but please NO clip thig or flower my bf will flip. He totally needs the card holder though for his business cards!

Originally Posted by Beeyutifull /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really digging the new items this month but please NO clip thig or flower my bf will flip. He totally needs the card holder though for his business cards!
Pleaseeeeee no flower lapel, ughhhhhhh. My husband is a city firefighter and never wears a suit, this will be a wasted lifestyle product month for him.

I do find it really odd for the lifestyle items that Birchbox introduces....I never even imagined there would be men out there that would wear a lapel flower, haha. And I must say I was totally taken aback by the fact there were actually some men excited to get a shoehorn and pocket square...really?

I honestly think this might be the last month with BB Man- this is not at all what I expected it to be.

I do find it really odd for the lifestyle items that Birchbox introduces....I never even imagined there would be men out there that would wear a lapel flower, haha. And I must say I was totally taken aback by the fact there were actually some men excited to get a shoehorn and pocket square...really? I honestly think this might be the last month with BB Man- this is not at all what I expected it to be.
i don't find it odd at all. bb man targets trendsetting, presumably stylish men who aren't afraid to try something different. my bf regularly wears pocket squares and tie bars to work. he'd try a lapel flower. he also needed a nice shoehorn for his dress shoes. i know quite a few men who like and appreciate these things.

Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i don't find it odd at all. bb man targets trendsetting, presumably stylish men who aren't afraid to try something different. my bf regularly wears pocket squares and tie bars to work. he'd try a lapel flower. he also needed a nice shoehorn for his dress shoes. i know quite a few men who like and appreciate these things.
I definitely know they're out there, I guess with my rugged bf and his tastes it's just too far off for him. He would love more of the gadgety type items like the speaker- or the cord keeper, and while he does dress up for business meetings- he would never use half of the stuff (he is covered in tattoos).

I still think this may be his (our :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) last month with BB Man.

I definitely know they're out there, I guess with my rugged bf and his tastes it's just too far off for him. He would love more of the gadgety type items like the speaker- or the cord keeper, and while he does dress up for business meetings- he would never use half of the stuff (he is covered in tattoos). I still think this may be his (our :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) last month with BB Man.
fair enough. you should check out pop sugar must haves for him or the fancy box subs if you haven't already. sounds like he might enjoy those. they include more gadgets and other interesting lifestyle items.

Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

fair enough. you should check out pop sugar must haves for him or the fancy box subs if you haven't already. sounds like he might enjoy those. they include more gadgets and other interesting lifestyle items.
This is what I need to subscribe to - so much more interesting in comparison to the increasingly disappointing lifestyle accessories I've been getting from birchbox. Some of the items I've gotten have been great, but it always seems like a hit or a miss type of thing. Very few seem to cross between all the different client backgrounds and lifestyles they cater to. 

Also, it still seems like they haven't updated the "box" pages to give you a preview of your July box. Has anybody been able to hack the previews and see the different box variations? Some people seem to have quite the knack for it on here haha

Back