Random Acts of Kindness/Pay it Forward

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all! It's come to my attention, thanks to some generous members, that our stashes can serve a dual purpose. Have you considered a RAOK (random act of kindness) to another member here? Or donating for a cause. .ie, women's shelters, disaster relief survivors, and military overseas? I'm putting feelers out to see if anyone would be interested in participating. I know there are members who make wonderful goodie bags for those in need and some who just like to send a little beauty surprise just because. I'd love to see if anyone else in our community would like to come out and play a part, too.

I would love to donate samples!  I know we've had several ladies with causes that could use donations (military women stationed overseas, women's shelters, etc), and I think it's a great idea to have a place to go to find out the best places to send our extra samples!

Thanks, MissLindaJean!

Just an update, the first batch finally went out last week with 7 to 8 items in each bag, after I got a nice base of products with trades, donations and some ebay purchases.

All premium brands - a lip gloss, sunscreen, a set of lip balms (the Fresh Suger, got a bunch for good deal on eBay), body lotion, either an eye-liner or mascara, fragrance spray vials, blush in a few, little packets of Asian snacks (wasabi peas) and 3 to 4 foils.  There was one 'man' bag for the receiving officer.

Folks were extra generous with providing extra bags to send out to folks, thanks to the Ipsy sub base!!  

I'm always trading for appropriate products for this and I'll be doing a fall batch too.  Kinda makes me fel not so much a hoarder :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />...

The thing I hear the most is that the women don't get stuff that makes them smell like a women.  Also that the water there is higher in bleach content and dries out the skin so... the number one thing I'd like to trade for is body lotion in 2 to 3 oz. quantities and then little face SPFs too.  Little guys they can tuck into one of the many pockets they have on their uniform... oh and the cooling rose mask foils. 

My friend, former Iraq veteran mentioned that with the Al-Queda threat of last week and the embassies closing down, things were even tighter now.

The folks at the Afgan military base do not go off base unless it's official business or an order, there is certainly no shopping for saundries in Kandahar.  There is a PX there that supply them with stuff, it's about 1/5 of the US size.  I just know that would drive me batty!!

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Are you still looking for donations? I'll be moving soon and would love to send you some perfumes, lotions and other samples I have lying around. Let me know if you'll have a use for them!

I'm interested in this too...I have a bunch of stuff that I'd really prefer to just give away in one go. I really don't want to do lots of individual trades, there really isn't anything I need to trade for, and I'd rather all these items get used & enjoyed vs sitting in a box in my closet!

Latest posts

Back