high-end foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm  a new member. Have been lurking for some months thanks to those brilliant ipsy forums but I have a serious question today. I just got a sample of the Lancome teint idole ultra 24h and absolutely love the natural looking finish. I do wear foundation regularly since I have discoloration and some acne scars. My current foundations are all drugstore and one high end (lise watier). I alternate these based on how dark/light my skin is and how the foundation is reacting to my skin on a regular basis However I have to use foundation for me to be able to go outside with confidence because I hate the light acne scars i have.

I hate the obvious foundation look that you get from drugstore even though I only use one layer each time. My skin keeps going in a cycle of dry to oily based on seasons. Of course in the summer I'm more tan (think NC 35-37). 

Foundations I currently own:

Neutrogena Healthy Skin - 60 

Loreal True Match - W6 

Revlon Colorstay Cmb/Oily - Natural Tan 370

Lise Watier 12 H Glam - Naturel

Revlon Photoready - Medium Beige

When I tried the lancome I was shocked at how natural it looked even though it covered my imperfections completely. I have never dished out so much money for a high end foundation though ($50 CAD) and was thinking that if I would buy this then I should shop around with high end ones before committing to one. I've looked at countless reviews of diorskin nude and teint miracle and teint ultra but was wondering if someone could recommend top foundations that are just as, if not better than the teint idole. 

So those of you who have purchased foundations at this price point or have tried the idole, which brand/formula would you recommed? I am really interested in dior, lancome, chanel and do not think i would like MUFE or MAC.  

My skin type:

Combo/Oily - for some reason my forehead never stays oil free -.- rest of face is pretty normal. 

Light tan/tan

blemish prone

Thanks for reading my long explanations

I have the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H and it was 100% worth the price!! I know exactly where you are coming from about the acne scars and whatnot. And I have to say that my skin has actually improved since I started using the Teint Idole foundation! I honestly can't say enough about how much I love it. Also, it lasts forever because a little goes a long way! So you're better off buying a bottle of it than 3 of Revlon Colorstay or whatever.

The Lancome Teint Idole is also one of my favorites. I have blemish-prone combination skin and it has good lasting power even without a primer. If you wear it 3-4 times a week a bottle should last you at least 4-5 months. $50 dollars is a lot but it's worth it for something you love and use on an almost daily basis. A good base will make the rest of your makeup look better too! Another one of my absolute favorite is Guerlain Lingerie de Peau. It has less coverage than the Teint Idole so I need to use concealer over my acne scars but it's my favorite summer foundation because it's so silky and weightless on the skin. If you love the "what makeup? I was born with this glow" look then I highly recommend that you check this one out. The only downside is that the shade range is relatively limited.

Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by coralpeonies /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Lancome Teint Idole is also one of my favorites. I have blemish-prone combination skin and it has good lasting power even without a primer. If you wear it 3-4 times a week a bottle should last you at least 4-5 months. $50 dollars is a lot but it's worth it for something you love and use on an almost daily basis. A good base will make the rest of your makeup look better too! Another one of my absolute favorite is Guerlain Lingerie de Peau. It has less coverage than the Teint Idole so I need to use concealer over my acne scars but it's my favorite summer foundation because it's so silky and weightless on the skin. If you love the "what makeup? I was born with this glow" look then I highly recommend that you check this one out. The only downside is that the shade range is relatively limited.

Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by KeepOnSingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H and it was 100% worth the price!! I know exactly where you are coming from about the acne scars and whatnot. And I have to say that my skin has actually improved since I started using the Teint Idole foundation! I honestly can't say enough about how much I love it. Also, it lasts forever because a little goes a long way! So you're better off buying a bottle of it than 3 of Revlon Colorstay or whatever.

Thanks a lot for the recommendations! I've been looking up swatches of the Guerlain foundation :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Estee Lauder Double Wear is great, but I will also vote for the Lancome one because it feels lighter on the skin and more comfy to wear.

In fact, I just did a review on it.!!

I personally haven't tried this myself so I'm sorry if this isn't very helpful but most beauty gurus on youtube (I'm addicted to watching beauty gurus in youtube) like the Chanel vitalumiere aqua foundation or the NARS sheer glow one. Hoped I helped anyway!

I swear by Clinique foundations. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> They have formulas for just about every skin concern and skin type. Looks natural on the skin, but still gives perfect coverage (I used the Perfectly Real Makeup by Clinique). I've never used a foundation that matches my skin tone so perfectly either. 

The Lancome Teint Idole is also one of my favorites. I have blemish-prone combination skin and it has good lasting power even without a primer. If you wear it 3-4 times a week a bottle should last you at least 4-5 months. $50 dollars is a lot but it's worth it for something you love and use on an almost daily basis. A good base will make the rest of your makeup look better too! Another one of my absolute favorite is Guerlain Lingerie de Peau. It has less coverage than the Teint Idole so I need to use concealer over my acne scars but it's my favorite summer foundation because it's so silky and weightless on the skin. If you love the "what makeup? I was born with this glow" look then I highly recommend that you check this one out. The only downside is that the shade range is relatively limited. Hope this helps!
this!

Back