Sample Society July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just thought I'd start a thread for July in case some spoilers start to come out soon! I'm hoping for some awesome stuff this month! 

Please no SPF products for me. And no more than two moisturizers, and one should be for the body instead of the face or eyes.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please no SPF products for me. And no more than two moisturizers, and one should be for the body instead of the face or eyes.
I totally agree about the moisturizers!! One of last months boxes had 3 in it?!?!? What the what? I want to see newer products and more variety for sure!

I totally agree about the moisturizers!! One of last months boxes had 3 in it?!?!? What the what? I want to see newer products and more variety for sure!
Yeah. That was the box I received. I still haven't used any of them. This may be my last Sample Society box unless they mix things up again.

I don't know what I want to do, they usually have an awesome month, then a shitty one, then awesome again. I want to cancel, but at the same time I don't, you know?

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know what I want to do, they usually have an awesome month, then a shitty one, then awesome again. I want to cancel, but at the same time I don't, you know?
I know exactly what you mean. I think for now I'll keep it. I usually get at least 2 things in a box that I really like and can use, and the rest are things that I can trade, so for now I'm going to stick with it and just hope that they step it up a little and the boxes will be fantastic instead of just alright. 

I generally will use most everything that comes in a Sample Society box.  The few items that I cant use, I just give away to someone who will.

I just came back from vacation.  My entire makeup collection and skin care for face and body were packed in a bag and someone stole the bag.  I guess I'm lucky since that was the only thing taken, but I am need of everything now.  Fortunately, I had my "minimal" makeup (BB cream, eye pencil, mascara, blush and a couple lippies) in my makeup bag in my purse, so I'm not completely bare faced.  On the bright side, I have the perfect excuse to shop for products this coming weekend.   I'm REALLY looking forward to my beauty subs this month!

Originally Posted by marybbryant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I generally will use most everything that comes in a Sample Society box.  The few items that I cant use, I just give away to someone who will.

I just came back from vacation.  My entire makeup collection and skin care for face and body were packed in a bag and someone stole the bag.  I guess I'm lucky since that was the only thing taken, but I am need of everything now.  Fortunately, I had my "minimal" makeup (BB cream, eye pencil, mascara, blush and a couple lippies) in my makeup bag in my purse, so I'm not completely bare faced.  On the bright side, I have the perfect excuse to shop for products this coming weekend.   I'm REALLY looking forward to my beauty subs this month!
Omg. I almost lost my makeup bag once at someone's house (she was a friend of a friend so I didn't know her very well), but luckily I got it back. I thought about everything I would have had to replace and it would have cost more than $100!!

It's crazy how much it all adds up to. 

At least it gives you that excuse to shop though! lol

I cancelled. I really liked last month, but since I'm moving soon I decided to try out a different box. I can't wait to see what you guys get! :)

Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I might cancel soon. I think SS is sort of a boring box... =(
That's why I unsubscribed a while ago, but I came back because I ran out of my "boring" moisturizer samples :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That's why I unsubscribed a while ago, but I came back because I ran out of my "boring" moisturizer samples :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
THAT's funny....! Well, last month I got three "boring" moisturizer samples, so, I'm sure you'll be all set soon lol

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Every once in awhile they send me something cool though. Drives me nuts lol

I just subscribed as i'm an Allure reader, and didn't realize there are so many Subscription options out there to choose from! I need a new moisturizer. With my luck July's box will not include a moisturizer.

Originally Posted by holohologal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just subscribed as i'm an Allure reader, and didn't realize there are so many Subscription options out there to choose from! I need a new moisturizer. With my luck July's box will not include a moisturizer.
It always includes at least one moisturizer sample, so you should be set ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just got this email

We hope you’re looking forward to your July box. We’re a little behind schedule (sorry!), but are working to get it to you as quickly as we can.

This month’s theme is Summer Loves - and like all good ones, it’s well worth the wait. Once your box arrives, you’ll find everything you need for an effortlessly chic summer, including must-wear makeup and SPF-enriched formulas. 

I was wondering what was going on with the July boxes since I have not been charged yet. Hopefully they won't be too delayed.

Latest posts

Back