Sign in to follow this  
JamieO

Sample Society July 2013

Originally Posted by Genevieve Barba View Post

Quote:

I just go that e-mail too! I am super confused because this is my first Sample Society box! Annoying

It normally isn't like this. I've been with them since February and I think all my boxes were shipped on the first (:

I've been with sample society for a few months and this is the first time they have been delayed. They have consistently shipped on the first and charged a few days before shipment.
Nope, actually, they were late a few months ago as well. March? April? It was the month they sent out butter LONDON.

Originally Posted by ydlr20 View Post

I've been with sample society for a few months and this is the first time they have been delayed. They have consistently shipped on the first and charged a few days before shipment.

Originally Posted by smiletorismile View Post

It normally isn't like this. I've been with them since February and I think all my boxes were shipped on the first (:

Thanks for being so helpful :) good to know!

SS is by far my favorite, I cancelled Birchbox.  There teeny samples were driving me nuts.

Can't wait to see what is in store this month!!

i don't mind the delay. their shipping is the fastest out of the beauty subs since they don't cheap out and use newgistics. plus i plan on putting that code to good use.

T

Nope, actually, they were late a few months ago as well. March? April? It was the month they sent out butter LONDON.
That must have been before I joined. My first box was the April box.

Hoping the delay is worth the wait. I am also hoping it is not another box of moisturizers and hair stuff. I really wish they would send more makeup!

I don't mind. They usually ship on the first Monday and not the first. 
Even when SS boxes ships out late (like in October during Frankenstorm, etc) I have never gotten upset because SS does the following::

1- They alert their subscribers as soon as they can and tell them an alternative date so that we're not sitting around wondering when the boxes will ship

2- They sent out a code to spend in the store whenever they have to apologize for any delays (even though I never use it, it's the thought that counts)

3- The customer service is amazing, fast, and accommodating

4- They send deluxe sizes

5- The tracking number actually works

They only negative thing about SS is that they don't send enough makeup lol

I think people get so riled up over delays in other subs because the company doesn't take the time to tell us that there is a delay, offer us something like points or a discount code to tide us over during the wait, and tell us exactly when we'll be able to receive our boxes. They'll be vague and say soon or next week. SS told us it'll be the 8th. 

Originally Posted by jannie135 View Post

I don't mind. They usually ship on the first Monday and not the first. 

Even when SS boxes ships out late (like in October during Frankenstorm, etc) I have never gotten upset because SS does the following::

1- They alert their subscribers as soon as they can and tell them an alternative date so that we're not sitting around wondering when the boxes will ship

2- They sent out a code to spend in the store whenever they have to apologize for any delays (even though I never use it, it's the thought that counts)

3- The customer service is amazing, fast, and accommodating

4- They send deluxe sizes

5- The tracking number actually works

They only negative thing about SS is that they don't send enough makeup lol

I think people get so riled up over delays in other subs because the company doesn't take the time to tell us that there is a delay, offer us something like points or a discount code to tide us over during the wait, and tell us exactly when we'll be able to receive our boxes. They'll be vague and say soon or next week. SS told us it'll be the 8th. 

I also get mad when certain other subs ship late because of their shipping methods! SS ships UPS, so I know it's going to get here quick no matter when they send it, but when other subs ship out newgistics or DHL and are late, then it sucks even more because then you have to wait like an eternity to get your box.

So I am a little new to the whole beauty box subs (I started once I got a big girl job and signed up for like 3 at once haha) but does Sample Society or beauty blogs ever post spoilers? I see a lot for other boxes but I can never seem to find any for Sample Society. Not that it's a big deal, I just like a little sneak peek icon_redface.gif

So I am a little new to the whole beauty box subs (I started once I got a big girl job and signed up for like 3 at once haha) but does Sample Society or beauty blogs ever post spoilers? I see a lot for other boxes but I can never seem to find any for Sample Society. Not that it's a big deal, I just like a little sneak peek icon_redface.gif

It's like a complete mystery with SS. Welcome to the beauty box world though lol

I signed up for like 2 at first and now it's... 5?! hahahahaha....

I cancelled after last month (even though it was an improvement for me over previous boxes), but I can't wait to see what everyone is getting! smileno.gif

I can remember Sample Society shipping late just once before, and that was immediately after Hurricane Sandy.  Its only a week, so not a big deal for me.  Sample Society shipping is really quick once it does ship.  I generally have my box within a day or two after it ships.

Don't they usually do one spoiler every month? At least they have since I've been subbed. They usually give a spoiler of the one thing that will be in all the boxes, and the rest of the contents always vary. I'm surprised there hasn't been one yet, though. There usually is by now. The last time they were late shipping (whatever month that was, March??), all the boxes had a butter London Polish in them, and when they sent us the emails that they would be shipping late, they told us our boxes would have the polish in them. Every other month they have posted a spoiler of something we would all receive on Facebook. 

Originally Posted by JamieO View Post

Don't they usually do one spoiler every month? At least they have since I've been subbed. They usually give a spoiler of the one thing that will be in all the boxes, and the rest of the contents always vary. I'm surprised there hasn't been one yet, though. There usually is by now. The last time they were late shipping (whatever month that was, March??), all the boxes had a butter London Polish in them, and when they sent us the emails that they would be shipping late, they told us our boxes would have the polish in them. Every other month they have posted a spoiler of something we would all receive on Facebook. 

They did send out an email with a sorta mini spoiler, so maybe that's all we get this month?

This month’s theme is Summer Loves - and like all good ones, it’s well worth the wait. Once your box arrives, you’ll find everything you need for an effortlessly chic summer, including must-wear makeup and SPF-enriched formulas.

At least it looks like we are getting makeup! (:

Copy and pasted from earlier in the thread.

Originally Posted by smiletorismile View Post

They did send out an email with a sorta mini spoiler, so maybe that's all we get this month?

This month’s theme is Summer Loves - and like all good ones, it’s well worth the wait. Once your box arrives, you’ll find everything you need for an effortlessly chic summer, including must-wear makeup and SPF-enriched formulas.

At least it looks like we are getting makeup! (:

Copy and pasted from earlier in the thread.

Yeah, I saw that. Hopefully it's awesome! I've already gotten sunscreen and tanning towels and tinted moisturizers recently, so I hope they step it up and send us some new stuff! 

I was going to take a break, but forgot to my SS sub lol. Hmmmm.. winner what will happen and what we're getting. SS has been late with delivery/shipping, but as noted, they've always been proactive with communicating slip ups before customers really notice. Hardly any other sub service does that.

I'm getting Kit A says my box should be to me by Monday. 

They said they had trouble charging my card, but I have a pending charge that will hit my account tomorrow.  Weird. 

Getting kit B :) I also was going to pause SS but forgot to do it.

Kit G. I have to know what is in these kits. This is the first month since I've subbed that they haven't told us one product that everyone will get. Total mystery....I don't know whether to be excited or afraid....