Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JamieO

Sample Society July 2013

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by Genevieve Barba View Post

 

Quote:

 

I just go that e-mail too! I am super confused because this is my first Sample Society box! Annoying

 

It normally isn't like this. I've been with them since February and I think all my boxes were shipped on the first (:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I've been with sample society for a few months and this is the first time they have been delayed. They have consistently shipped on the first and charged a few days before shipment.
Nope, actually, they were late a few months ago as well. March? April? It was the month they sent out butter LONDON.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by ydlr20 View Post

 

 

I've been with sample society for a few months and this is the first time they have been delayed. They have consistently shipped on the first and charged a few days before shipment.

 

Originally Posted by smiletorismile View Post

 

 

It normally isn't like this. I've been with them since February and I think all my boxes were shipped on the first (:

 

Thanks for being so helpful :) good to know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SS is by far my favorite, I cancelled Birchbox.  There teeny samples were driving me nuts.

 

Can't wait to see what is in store this month!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i don't mind the delay. their shipping is the fastest out of the beauty subs since they don't cheap out and use newgistics. plus i plan on putting that code to good use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

T

Nope, actually, they were late a few months ago as well. March? April? It was the month they sent out butter LONDON.
That must have been before I joined. My first box was the April box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping the delay is worth the wait. I am also hoping it is not another box of moisturizers and hair stuff. I really wish they would send more makeup!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mind. They usually ship on the first Monday and not the first. 
Even when SS boxes ships out late (like in October during Frankenstorm, etc) I have never gotten upset because SS does the following::

 

1- They alert their subscribers as soon as they can and tell them an alternative date so that we're not sitting around wondering when the boxes will ship

2- They sent out a code to spend in the store whenever they have to apologize for any delays (even though I never use it, it's the thought that counts)

3- The customer service is amazing, fast, and accommodating

4- They send deluxe sizes

5- The tracking number actually works

 

They only negative thing about SS is that they don't send enough makeup lol

 

I think people get so riled up over delays in other subs because the company doesn't take the time to tell us that there is a delay, offer us something like points or a discount code to tide us over during the wait, and tell us exactly when we'll be able to receive our boxes. They'll be vague and say soon or next week. SS told us it'll be the 8th. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by jannie135 View Post

 

I don't mind. They usually ship on the first Monday and not the first. 

Even when SS boxes ships out late (like in October during Frankenstorm, etc) I have never gotten upset because SS does the following::

 

1- They alert their subscribers as soon as they can and tell them an alternative date so that we're not sitting around wondering when the boxes will ship

2- They sent out a code to spend in the store whenever they have to apologize for any delays (even though I never use it, it's the thought that counts)

3- The customer service is amazing, fast, and accommodating

4- They send deluxe sizes

5- The tracking number actually works

 

They only negative thing about SS is that they don't send enough makeup lol

 

I think people get so riled up over delays in other subs because the company doesn't take the time to tell us that there is a delay, offer us something like points or a discount code to tide us over during the wait, and tell us exactly when we'll be able to receive our boxes. They'll be vague and say soon or next week. SS told us it'll be the 8th. 

 

I also get mad when certain other subs ship late because of their shipping methods! SS ships UPS, so I know it's going to get here quick no matter when they send it, but when other subs ship out newgistics or DHL and are late, then it sucks even more because then you have to wait like an eternity to get your box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I am a little new to the whole beauty box subs (I started once I got a big girl job and signed up for like 3 at once haha) but does Sample Society or beauty blogs ever post spoilers? I see a lot for other boxes but I can never seem to find any for Sample Society. Not that it's a big deal, I just like a little sneak peek icon_redface.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Genevieve Barba View Post

 

So I am a little new to the whole beauty box subs (I started once I got a big girl job and signed up for like 3 at once haha) but does Sample Society or beauty blogs ever post spoilers? I see a lot for other boxes but I can never seem to find any for Sample Society. Not that it's a big deal, I just like a little sneak peek icon_redface.gif

It's like a complete mystery with SS. Welcome to the beauty box world though lol

I signed up for like 2 at first and now it's... 5?! hahahahaha....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cancelled after last month (even though it was an improvement for me over previous boxes), but I can't wait to see what everyone is getting! smileno.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can remember Sample Society shipping late just once before, and that was immediately after Hurricane Sandy.  Its only a week, so not a big deal for me.  Sample Society shipping is really quick once it does ship.  I generally have my box within a day or two after it ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Genevieve Barba View Post

 

So I am a little new to the whole beauty box subs (I started once I got a big girl job and signed up for like 3 at once haha) but does Sample Society or beauty blogs ever post spoilers? I see a lot for other boxes but I can never seem to find any for Sample Society. Not that it's a big deal, I just like a little sneak peek icon_redface.gif

Don't they usually do one spoiler every month? At least they have since I've been subbed. They usually give a spoiler of the one thing that will be in all the boxes, and the rest of the contents always vary. I'm surprised there hasn't been one yet, though. There usually is by now. The last time they were late shipping (whatever month that was, March??), all the boxes had a butter London Polish in them, and when they sent us the emails that they would be shipping late, they told us our boxes would have the polish in them. Every other month they have posted a spoiler of something we would all receive on Facebook. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by JamieO View Post

 

Don't they usually do one spoiler every month? At least they have since I've been subbed. They usually give a spoiler of the one thing that will be in all the boxes, and the rest of the contents always vary. I'm surprised there hasn't been one yet, though. There usually is by now. The last time they were late shipping (whatever month that was, March??), all the boxes had a butter London Polish in them, and when they sent us the emails that they would be shipping late, they told us our boxes would have the polish in them. Every other month they have posted a spoiler of something we would all receive on Facebook. 

 

They did send out an email with a sorta mini spoiler, so maybe that's all we get this month?

 

This month’s theme is Summer Loves - and like all good ones, it’s well worth the wait. Once your box arrives, you’ll find everything you need for an effortlessly chic summer, including must-wear makeup and SPF-enriched formulas.

 

At least it looks like we are getting makeup! (:

 

Copy and pasted from earlier in the thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by smiletorismile View Post

 

 

They did send out an email with a sorta mini spoiler, so maybe that's all we get this month?

 

This month’s theme is Summer Loves - and like all good ones, it’s well worth the wait. Once your box arrives, you’ll find everything you need for an effortlessly chic summer, including must-wear makeup and SPF-enriched formulas.

 

At least it looks like we are getting makeup! (:

 

Copy and pasted from earlier in the thread.

Yeah, I saw that. Hopefully it's awesome! I've already gotten sunscreen and tanning towels and tinted moisturizers recently, so I hope they step it up and send us some new stuff! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to take a break, but forgot to my SS sub lol. Hmmmm.. winner what will happen and what we're getting. SS has been late with delivery/shipping, but as noted, they've always been proactive with communicating slip ups before customers really notice. Hardly any other sub service does that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting Kit A says my box should be to me by Monday. 

 

They said they had trouble charging my card, but I have a pending charge that will hit my account tomorrow.  Weird. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting kit B :) I also was going to pause SS but forgot to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kit G. I have to know what is in these kits. This is the first month since I've subbed that they haven't told us one product that everyone will get. Total mystery....I don't know whether to be excited or afraid....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!


  • Posts

    • While  the summers are great for outdoor activities, it does take toll on your skin. The burning sun, humidity and pollution not only wipes off your natural glow but also makes your skin rough and unclear. Therefore, it's important to care for your skin to keep it glowing. Here are some skincare tips to follow this summer season: Exfoliate: It's important to exfoliate to your skin to remove the dead skin cells, grim and dirt, especially in the summers. Do this at lease 2-3 a times a week to get good skin.     Make Sunscreen Your BFF: They say, "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer". The same applies to Sunscreen - Make it your BFF even if you don't like it. Keep in mind, you cannot have good skin if you don't use sunscreen, especially in the summers. So, invest in a good one and ensure application every 2-3 hours.   Drink Lots of Water: This is one of the most important skincare tips to follow during summers. A minimum of 2.5 or 3 liters of water is what you will need to stay hydrated and fresh, which in turn, will also benefit in your skin.   Eat Healthy: It's advisable to eat healthy during summers. Add a lot fruits and green vegetables  to your diet. Also, include fresh juices that will keep your hydrated all day long. So, now you know these skincare tips, ensure you put them to use and reap its benefits. 
    • I have a question for make up artists. I am a makeup artist working a gig with a photographer for a shoot that’s going to be doing 20 min headshots all day long. I think we have 10 people signed up for one day so far starting at 11am. I’m currently negotiating my fee and am asking $50 a person/ headshot for the day.  I don’t want to underrate myself ( I usually charge a flat fee for one 2-3 hour headshot session) , but I feel this fee is fair given it’s my makeup supplies, time and artistry, and I will be there all day.   Any thoughts or feedback about this and if you’ve had similar jobs that designated a specific fee given the high volume of faces I’ll be doing for this shoot.
    • I want to share with you all a product that has given me incredible results. It is the LED Light mask, each color helps to improve some aspect of the skin, led light therapy is used in spas, saloons... the fact is that I bought it at biomasktherapy.com I got it, I took a picture before using it and after two weeks I noticed some incredible changes, it has improved the acne, spots, wrinkles, it has left the skin clearer and especially I had a big change around my eyes area, is the change that has surprised me most, love it. I use the mask everyday for 30 minutes. I am sharing the photo of before/after two weeks results of use :) What's your experience with LED light therapy? 
    • Well, choosing a right hair straighter is very important. If you go for the choice of a wrong one it may result in damaging your hair in long ru. If asked from me I prefer to use Phillips straightener. Its a good and reputed brand . Also, the quality of product is really good.  Also, you must care about your hair before applying rod or an iron to it. For that you need to take help of hair protecting serums to use before ironing hair. That will prevent your hair from damage.
    • Bollywood’s superstar, Sonam Kapoor is an International fashion icon, adored for her style. Be it the red carpet, airport looks, public appearances, etc. she always dressed on point, giving us major fashion goals. Below are some styling tips given by the fashionista herself. 1.      Add A Pop of Colour: Do you own a lot of monochromes and greys? If yes, it’s time to add some bright colours to your wardrobe. Include some reds, blues, yellows and pinks and own it like a boss!   2.      Invest in Statement Pieces: Sonam Kapoor firmly believes in investing in statement pieces such as large necklaces, sequined purses, brooches or even cocktail rings. Most of these come within the budget and look absolutely stunning.   3.      Indian is NOT Boring: If you prefer donning Indian clothes, don’t think it’s boring. You could always pair your sarees or salwar suits with attractive accessories such as bling jhumkas or a statement clutch.   4.      Experiment with Styles: Never stop experimenting. A change in your looks every now and then is a good thing. A new hairstyle, a different saree drape, etc. are some styles you should try out.   5.      Let Your Eyes Do the Talking: Sonam Kapoor loves eye make-up. Whether it’s just a kajal with a lip gloss or shimmering eye shadow or even some dramatic eye make-up, she neve shies away from experimenting with her looks that steal the show.  

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook

×
×
  • Create New...