Will you be using the J.Cat Glitter Palette? If yes, how?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am at odds as to what to do with this palette, and I was wondering how many of you were using it, and in what way. I thought it would be cool to do a poll, and I could not add one to the June thread.

I'm one of those people that is going to ditch the warning and use it as an eyeshadow, probably in my crease or under my brow bone or as like a cat eye accent. I understand that if I get an injury from it, it's my fault, but honestly I see no other use for it, and I want to try it out a couple times.

I'm going to try to use it on my nails & eyes. I did put it in my hair & it was subtle but cute. Be brave & experiment!

Nope. I don't know what on earth to do with it, and I didn't even know about the warnings. I'm 31. I do still like some glitter, but that's A LOT of glitter. I can't fathom using it anywhere.

Just to clarify on the warnings. The FDA has NOT approved ANY glitter for use in cosmetics within the United States. Products like LIT Cosmetics (which I use), Eye Kandy (which I also use) and even nail polish with glitter is NOT FDA approved which is why J.Cat has the warning on their site. Technically no company be it nail polish or actual face cosmetic is to have glitter in it but the FDA has not enforced the rules on it at this time.

I actually like the glitter palette.  I used it on my eyes but higher up so there's less chance of glitter fallout in my eyes.  I just dab a little bit over my eyeshadow with my finger.  It has good staying power.  I don't know what people were expecting with a glitter palette- I was really apprehensive after all the negative reviews, but it turns out I like it a lot. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i tried it on my eyes and it's just not for me. it's possible that i'm not skilled enough to work with glitter like this but it was goopy and uneven for me.  i tossed the palette.

A couple of the shades in the Suzie palette look really good lightly dabbed on my lips, I love the extra hint of sparkle. 

I've tried it on my eyes too but need to play around more, it didn't bother/irritate me but the glitter isn't as fine as I normally would like.

Mostly saving for Halloween. My kiddos have been wanting to go as Disney fairies this year and it would be perfect for that! 

Not makeup related.. I think I will use my palette for some of the paintings I do as a hobby..

I'm not quite sure what to do with mine. I don't want to risk glitter under my contacts. If I can't trade them off, I might just end up donating them when I make my yearly Goodwill donations. I'm a bit of a pack rat even with my lack of space, haha, and don't really like to just throw stuff away. I'm pretty sure that somewhere someone more skilled than me with makeup can find a use for them. =p

It looks really pretty in the palette but I'm intimidated by so much glitter. I'm going to give it to my 11 year old sister, she loves glitter.

How are. You ladies applying it? In my experience with the Wet n Wild glitter palettes these are best applied with a sponge applicator rather than a brush.

I got Suzie, I am a Bruins fan, so I may **MAY** use it for a Bruins Logo during the Stanley Cup Series if we go out to watch the game somewhere (no need to get crazy if we are staying home) other than that, my 7yo niece will get it or its staying in the box til halloween

I'm planning on using it for Halloween.  Perhaps I'll find another use when I actually have it in my hands to play with.  I still don't have my bag :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  and it stopped tracking 10 days ago.

Not planning on using mine. My eyes are super sensitive so I don't want to even chance using this near my eyes and I can't image where else to put it. I wish this wasn't in a Vaseline type base because I do love glitter nails.

Definitely not using near my eyes!

But I did put some through my hair, and on my collarbone/chest area. I also plan on using this if I go to Carnival in Provincetown in August. 

I just played with it on my arm to try it out and wasn't too pleased. I typically go more neutral on the eyes anyway, since I have GIANT glasses.  It's so pretty in the palette, but I don't think it's anything I'll ever really use, even for funsies. I think I'm just going to de-pot it, and then use the empty palette for like a mini-shrine/nicho art project.

I really wanted to like this palette when I thought it was an eyeshadow. I have been wanting to try something like this. When I first put it on, it seemed like all I got were big chunks of glitter on my eye lids which is not the look I was going for... but I tried it again with an actual eye shadow brush and it actually looked pretty awesome. Still something I will not wear regularly, but could be fun for nights. I am gonna add pics later when I upload them.

The flecks of glitter are too big to really do anything with it in my opinion.  Had it been finer, I could have seen all kinds of uses for it.  I'll save it for Halloween.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Not heartbroken, the bag still exceeded my expectations without it.

I gave mine to my 9 year old and she painted her legs with it.  I was not impressed at all with the quality of it. Seemed really cheap.  She enjoyed the heck out of it though.

Back