Foundation and Lipstick for wedding day

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, 

I'm getting married in December. I need help. I'm looking for a good foundation and lipstick for my wedding day. Unfortunately I have problems. I live in a very hot and sunny place, that's why I need a long lasting foundation that will stay long enough on my face to cover all my pores and acne scars. I need foundation which makes me look good in real life and in photos. I mean, I've seen my friend in their wedding day who looks like a clown in real life but looks good in photos and I've also seen another friend of mine who looks so gorgeous in real life but  her wedding photos is just...well, not great. Oh and btw, did I mention I have pores and acne scars? Yes, my face is oily and breakouts easily, so I really need to find a really good foundation for my big day.

And also for my lips, it is chapped and dry so I need lipstick that will make my lips looks moist and kissable, not crumpled. I'm looking for a long lasting lipstick for at least 8 hours, so I don't need to repeteadly applying any.

Anyone have suggestions? Please help me.

PS: sorry, my english is not really good.

Hello there, welcome to Makeuptalk!
hand.gif
I'm Cookie!

First of all, I'd very very highly recommend using a face primer and a setting spray afterwards. That can make a HUGE difference in the staying power of your makeup. Second....what is your skin tone? and what country do you live in? (I don't need specifics, just so I can have a general idea of what products are easily available to you!)
smile.gif

As far as lipsticks go, I'd suggest using a lipstain and either a gloss or tinted balm over it. The stain, if it's a good one, will last hours and hours and the balm/gloss will soften it to the amount that you want!

Hi cheshire, I live in South East Asia, that's why it's so hot and makes someone sweats alot. I dont really understand how to tell my skin tone. My skin face is light brown, almost yellow, and I am easily flushed. What it means? 
eek.gif
 What brand should I use for primer and foundation? And I never use any lipstain, is it better than lipstick? What brand should I use? Thank you very much.

As far as primers go, the best ones that I've ever used is Too Faced Primed & Poreless Face Primer and Lancome's LA Pro Base. I'm not as familiar with foundations, as I wear BB Creams myself. However, try to look for a matte foundation and use a good stippling brush to apply it. I prefer stippling brushes to foundation brushes for applying foundation since I've found that it blends easier and you can layer better instead of starting with thickly layering it on. Then I'd get a mineral setting powder and lightly dust that on top to keep your face from getting oily from the heat. Also, get a setting spray, that will keep your makeup fresh and smudge free!

Lipstains last longer than lipsticks. If there's a particular lipstick shade you like, you could try to find a stain that's similar in color and apply the stain first, then the lipstick!

thank you so much, I think I'll get Lancome. It's easy to find it here. 
smilehappyyes.gif

Back