Swap Box: The "June" box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, since at this time I don't know if this is box 1 or 2 I'm just going to call it the "June" box because we're in June. LOL And it's hard to be good because those nail plates are calling to me (and I already have like 30+ plus a giant one)... and the indy polishes... oh the choices!

Originally Posted by tgooberbutt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Update on Box 2 (soon to become Box 1)

Ampym wasn't able to post photos, but have emailed them to me. So here we go!

What she got:

What she took out:

What she put in:

The box is now on its way to Zadidoll, and from there it will go out to Wagz379 (I believe) I'll double check that. 

Cheers!
The box arrived yesterday (Saturday, June 22, 2013). I already know what I want to pick but not sure what I want to swap. LOL I've got a 15 gallon tote filled with polishes to choose from. LOL

Gah! I'm a bad girl. I still have the box. Need to catch Bill today (mail man).

Just an update. I have to ship the box. The weather here has been over 100 degrees and up to 113 degrees. I haven't sent the polish because of the weather as I did not want it to travel where the glass could explode due to the heat. Today the weather has been in the upper 90s and according to our weathermen by Monday we'll be back in the lowers 90s to mid 90s. I do apologize about the delay.

Zadi I think that was a good call! Please send the DC# to me once you send the box on to Wagz and I will then send her the next address which will be...Squidling!!

I got the box yesterday!   We finally wrapped up a few days of daughter's birthday festivities today (i'm exhausted!) so i'll do a full in depth look through and post photos tomorrow if I can.  From what I did see in my quick peek, there was alot of awesome, and hello, high five the person that organized the box!  By color family and in separate boxes? OMG! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Puts every other swap box of anything that I have received to shame. lol

It came to me organized and so I tried to organize it again. LOL Loved that.

Ok, ready for some photos!? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

What was in the box!

What I took!

What I put in:

Still lots of choices!  I'll be shipping today, so Squindling, keep an eye out (lol I always send to you, in every swap. How funny is that. lol)

So excited to check out the nail plates (just got my first stamper this week - I know, so behind the times!) @ Wagz - I know! That's so funny, we're total box buddies :-D I'm sorting my stash in prep for this!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh look inside the OPI bag. LOL I put more stuff inside of that.
I took and added some more stuff into it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Really great swap this time, and it came just in time because I am in the process of changing base coats. Orly Bonder and OPI Nail Envy were both recommended to me and were both in the box! (and I added my Zoya Anchor with plenty of product left in for someone else to enjoy). Can't wait to try them!

Squindling when I saw there were nail plates coming in the box I actually had to google to find out what they were and what i'd do with them. lol

Originally Posted by wagz379 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh look inside the OPI bag. LOL I put more stuff inside of that.
I took and added some more stuff into it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Really great swap this time, and it came just in time because I am in the process of changing base coats. Orly Bonder and OPI Nail Envy were both recommended to me and were both in the box! (and I added my Zoya Anchor with plenty of product left in for someone else to enjoy). Can't wait to try them!

Squindling when I saw there were nail plates coming in the box I actually had to google to find out what they were and what i'd do with them. lol

You can find a stamping kit at RiteAid/Walgreens for around $9.99. I also saw stamping kits at Sally Beauty.

http://www.sallybeauty.com/nail-stencil-kit/SBS-434800,default,pd.html

Got the box! There were a lot of hard decisions, for real. I took out:

And I put in:

There's also 2 more nail plates and a Revlon Multi-Care base+Top coat that I threw in after the fact. FYI on the nail plates, there is a thin plastic film over top of them (never used) that you have to peel off.

Ooooh what color is that Essie that you put in? I have a weakness for teals. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The box will be headed to Xiehan next then returns back to me. We will then be able to start Round 4. I'll be posting signup instructions so watch for that. There has been a LOT of interest so we may have several smaller groups like the Make Up Swap Box has done.

Ahhh that Essie is "Go Overboard" a near exact dupe of Julep's "Donna", which I also have. I'.t's one of my favs, but I HAD to downsize - my wall rack it totally full! I'll be sending the box out Monday from my office. It's super heavy with good stuff FYI!

Haha too funny I've already got both of those! Hmmm. But I'm nota nail polish junkie or anything crazy like that!

Just as a heads-up, assuming the box gets to me sometime this week, I'm guessing it'll be too big to fit in my (tiny) mailbox and so I'll have to pick it up from the post office. However, the only time I can do so is on Saturdays (because my local PO is only open from 9-5 on weekdays and I work from 9-6), and I'm out of town next weekend, so I won't be able to get it until August 10th. Sorry for the delay! Receiving packages has been a pain now that I'm no longer working from home. 
frown.gif

Latest posts

Back