Need more!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I skipped 2 of my 3 polish subscription boxes resulting in only 1 new polish for the month. The plan was to branch out and order some indie polishes to try instead but it looks like it's not in the budget for this week. So this will give me another week to get my wish list together and I thought I would take the opportunity to do inventory. I think I've become addicted to collecting polish because I definitely don't have nearly a big enough selection!

I am going to sound like a huge enabler but if that is your whole collection I don't think you should be worried that it might be too much. Head over to the makeup count challenge tread and there are ladies that have collections in the thousands!! Maybe I should worry, I have close to 80 nail polishes 
icon_redface.gif

I have 318 as of this moment.  I just ordered a couple of colour changing polishes and an OPI I was dying for.  My number is never static lol.

I ordered 33 new colors a couple weeks ago.I needed new ones cause mine were getting old.lol

Originally Posted by AtomicBunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know how you ladies do it! I'm in awe!
For me personally, I'm a crazy bargain hunter and I get almost all of them on sale or with a coupon, or both. Blog sales can be amazing, too.

Originally Posted by laguilar12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am going to sound like a huge enabler but if that is your whole collection I don't think you should be worried that it might be too much. Head over to the makeup count challenge tread and there are ladies that have collections in the thousands!! Maybe I should worry, I have close to 80 nail polishes 
icon_redface.gif
I'm somewhere in the 300's. I've been painting nails for my friends and family for the last several months, so the love is definitely shared. The most rewarding is for my grandma. She's in her 80's and still has nice, strong fingernails that she wants to keep looking nice. She can't do it herself because of a little arthritis, and she doesn't like the salons in her area. I've successfully convinced both of my grandmothers within the last several months to branch out and wear shades other than red and pink.

Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For me personally, I'm a crazy bargain hunter and I get almost all of them on sale or with a coupon, or both. Blog sales can be amazing, too.

I'm somewhere in the 300's. I've been painting nails for my friends and family for the last several months, so the love is definitely shared. The most rewarding is for my grandma. She's in her 80's and still has nice, strong fingernails that she wants to keep looking nice. She can't do it herself because of a little arthritis, and she doesn't like the salons in her area. I've successfully convinced both of my grandmothers within the last several months to branch out and wear shades other than red and pink.
That is so sweet! I started doing my little sister's nails because her habit of biting her nails was getting pretty bad :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I told her I could only paint her nails if she stopped biting them, that was 4 months ago! It definitely worked but now she wants me to paint her nails 3 times a week! LOL

Aaaaah that is so sweet. I only have 4 nail polishes but I just joined Julep and ordered 4 from Zoya. My beauty stash is almost none existence so I am looking forward to growing my stash. I only want quality polish.

Quote: Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is so sweet! I started doing my little sister's nails because her habit of biting her nails was getting pretty bad :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I told her I could only paint her nails if she stopped biting them, that was 4 months ago! It definitely worked but now she wants me to paint her nails 3 times a week! LOL

That's a good idea, how you helped your sister to stop nail-biting. That is part of why my husband humors my nail polish habit--I'm not a nail biter, but if I don't keep my nails polished and oiled, one of my gross OCD manifestations is that I pick them apart, both nails and cuticles. I'm so proud, right now they are long and strong and pretty.

Originally Posted by Jac13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aaaaah that is so sweet. I only have 4 nail polishes but I just joined Julep and ordered 4 from Zoya. My beauty stash is almost none existence so I am looking forward to growing my stash. I only want quality polish.
Zoya is my favorite mainstream brand, and they periodically have fabulous sales online.

I like my Julep polishes, but I really only get them when they are on sale or through trades, as they are not worth the price. (The amount of polish in each bottle is half the amount of your average full-size polish.)

Do you have a T.J. Maxx near you? I've gotten a lot of Essie, OPI, Color Club, NYX, and Orly there for great prices. It's usually half price. The selection is unpredictable, but I check once a week.

Yes, price price price. I appreciate quality, but I've found no need to pay full retail prices for it.

I don't have any local tj maxx but therea a Marshall's nearby. Has anyone had any luck finding polishes there? I know their selection can be a gamble.

Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Zoya is my favorite mainstream brand, and they periodically have fabulous sales online.

I like my Julep polishes, but I really only get them when they are on sale or through trades, as they are not worth the price. (The amount of polish in each bottle is half the amount of your average full-size polish.)

Do you have a T.J. Maxx near you? I've gotten a lot of Essie, OPI, Color Club, NYX, and Orly there for great prices. It's usually half price. The selection is unpredictable, but I check once a week.

Yes, price price price. I appreciate quality, but I've found no need to pay full retail prices for it.
dito.gif

Definitely look at the trade section! I've gotten many nail polishes through trades, in fact I got my only 3 Butter London polishes through trades 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I don't have any local tj maxx but therea a Marshall's nearby. Has anyone had any luck finding polishes there? I know their selection can be a gamble.
Yes, I've found many polishes at Marshall's as well, and Ross. The brand Barielle is what comes to mind first. And, as the poster above said, the trade threads on makeuptalk.com are great as well.

This is where most of the trade threads are listed: https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/23798/subscription-box-swaps

And this is a thread about how to make it cost-efficient to trade: https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/129804/ship-for-less#post_2107981

So, I skipped 2 of my 3 polish subscription boxes resulting in only 1 new polish for the month. The plan was to branch out and order some indie polishes to try instead but it looks like it's not in the budget for this week. So this will give me another week to get my wish list together and I thought I would take the opportunity to do inventory. I think I've become addicted to collecting polish because I definitely don't have nearly a big enough selection!

wub.gif

How long have you been collecting these nail polishes? I'm an natural finger nail girl. Now, my toes are another thing. I want to buy some polishes. Obviously, you do well in it. I need your advice!!!

Don't forget there are quality polishes that aren't big name too. I love my Sally Hansen polishes, especially her Hard as Nails and Inst-dry lines. I also have a good amount of Sinful Colors. These two brands tend to last longer without tip wear and chipping than my OPI polishes. I get a lot of them at Big Lots for $1 a bottle, or they go on sale at CVS for $1 a bottle.

Originally Posted by chrysalis101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don't forget there are quality polishes that aren't big name too. I love my Sally Hansen polishes, especially her Hard as Nails and Inst-dry lines. I also have a good amount of Sinful Colors. These two brands tend to last longer without tip wear and chipping than my OPI polishes. I get a lot of them at Big Lots for $1 a bottle, or they go on sale at CVS for $1 a bottle.

Yes!! More expensive does't always mean better quality. I also love the Sally Hansen poishes, and I am not a big fan of Essie (specially the light colors). I am also very impressed by the Wet&Wild Megalast, they are seriously amazing. I am wearing a pale pink on my nails and it was fully opaque with 2 coats and super shiny, I didn't even put a top coat and it's going on its fifth day without any shipping! I am definitely picking up more of these. 

I have a whole lot of polish, some of them are very expensive (although not many) and one of my favourite brands is still Wet n Wild Megalast.  I love the brush and the formula and I don't have problems with  chipping.  Expensive brands aren't necessarily better polishes.  I don't like to spend more than $6 on a polish so I buy them on sale or in lots from ebay.  If I love a colour, I'll buy it no matter what the brand is.  

To me, it's about the colour not about the brand.

Yes!! More expensive does't always mean better quality. I also love the Sally Hansen poishes, and I am not a big fan of Essie (specially the light colors). I am also very impressed by the Wet&Wild Megalast, they are seriously amazing. I am wearing a pale pink on my nails and it was fully opaque with 2 coats and super shiny, I didn't even put a top coat and it's going on its fifth day without any shipping! I am definitely picking up more of these. 

That's funny you ladies are mentioning WnW as I just picked up 3 at grocery store this past weekend. I got bijou blue, how I magenta your mother and teal of fortune. Can't wait to play!

Back