What is your monthly beauty budget?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Between subscriptions and Sephora purchases, I think I spend about $250 per month on beauty products. 

What is your monthly budget?

About 150 to 200 but I have to cut back some especially since I have so much to use up and would hate to see things spoil

Since I'm looking for a job right, I only spend 10 dollars on a BB subscription (I get another one as a gift)! Normally, though, I'll spend an additional 20-40 per month at Sephora on random purchases...and maybe a little more if I run out of a must-have product, like foundation. 

Luckily, subs keep me stocked in a lot items. I have enough mascara to last me a while, it feels like!!

I spend $10 a month on my Ipsy sub. Then maybe another 15-30 per month on other things that I need. Sometimes a little more if I need something. I try not to splurge unless its something I really need. I recently moved in with my boyfriend so we had to cut back on certain things for a little bit...but that wont last too long...right?! 
blink.gif

I spend about $150 on my monthly subscriptions, and I rarely make full-sized beauty purchases because I get overloaded with samples.

But if I was to set a budget, I'd lower it down to $100/month, that would make me think twice before buying "yet another mascara" or "another pastel nail polish".

I don't really look at my budget in terms of an amount of money that I can spend or a limit I can't exceed.

I look at my budget in terms of the products I've purchased recently- if I already bought 3 lipsticks then I won't buy anymore lipsticks for a while.

I accumulated a bunch of blushes in a short amount of time between theBalm's 50% sale, subscription boxes, Aqualillies palette, so I'm set for blushes for a while.

I'm always in awe and envious of people who have huge makeup collections but makeup expires and I hate tossing out stuff that was barely used. 

I take the same approach with my subscription boxes - I'll only subscribe to 2 at a time if I'm paying full price on the subscriptions. Right now it's Birchbox and Popsugar (though I'm stopping Popsugar after July's box). I'll sign up for more than 2 boxes a month if the first box is free (Goodies - first one in July), or if I got an extremely good deal ($11.50 for 6 months of Love With Food).

On my tv show, I get $150.00 per episode (5 days). Which is one month, sometimes it's $300.00 per month (2 episodes). As you can imagine, I go way over budget... :/

My monthly subscriptions cost $103. Out of that, I have about $150-$200 for impulse buying.

When I want to buy something, I ask hubby's permission, and when he says yes -- I end up not buying it. Crazy me.

I probably spend $100-150 a month on subscriptions (including food and dog subscription boxes) and beauty/skincare products.

I have been organizing my skincare products (I'm a huge skincare junkie) into boxes to help me keep track of how much stuff I have. I don't wear make-up daily, so I don't have too much make-up. However, I do have ~10 unopened mascaras and a bunch of lip products. I updated my trade list with mascaras because I only use 1 mascara at a time for 4-6 months - at that rate, I would not need to buy mascara for at least 3 years! However, it's hard for me to let go of the lip products! I've even traded some of my items for more lip products...so, skincare and lip products are a weakness for me!

Depending on the month, anywhere from $30 to $100. I live in a more rural area and don't do a whole lot of online shopping. However, when I do make it to my closest Ulta, etc. (2 hours away), I tend to go a little overboard....

It really depends. I have most of what I want so I don't spend nearly as much as I used to. I keep my subs under $100 because I end up with too much if I don't.

it depends.Always it does not exceed $100.In reality,the money that I spend on beauty is less than my friends.

For the last couple of years I spent practically nothing on makeup. Now I am trying to get in contact with my softer side. I just subscribed to Itsy, Julep and I have been buying nail polish from Zoya. I still have to stock up on makeup because I have 1 mascara, 2 lipgloss, and foundation. I am trying to decide if I should go with bare minerals or Mac. I would like to get some quality products. Anyone have any suggestions?

My budget is quite variable, the 'fixed' costs are around the $70/$80, but if there's anything that remains at the end of the month, there's always going to be treats, I'm not much of a saver!

Oh gosh!!  I'm def on the upper end of things. I just started freelancing in Oct 2012, so I purchased quite a bit for my pro kit!! I've calmed down a tad, but not much.  I think I'm going through that make up addict euphoria and I'm a product junky right now, so I'm spending $200+ a month on items. I do need to tone this down A LOT, so I'm going to make a pact with myself to set about a $100 budget, including my Glossybox and Ipsy subs.

Yeah, that's normal for the first few years starting out, then it levels off, like when you do weddings, (couple hundred), then the top of the wave comes when you do films or shows, (several thousand), then it drops (bottom wave) during downtimes, (around a hundred), then it levels off again. And on it goes. Right now I am on a levelling off period (about a hundred per month) on the show I am on, due to lack of s f/x and a smaller than usual cast numbers for this season. (This of course is a generalized example).

I don't really have a budget.  I just buy what I need. If it's something crazy, I double check with my husband first.  I was subscribing to Ipsy and Birchbox, then dropped them for PopSugar for a while.  

Latest posts

Back