Making money with your blog!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was just wondering how many of you bloggers are making money or have tried to make money with your blog?

And how do you do it?

I have been reading so many articles on internet about it and it's pretty confusing.

My blog is obviously too new to try anything like that but I'm just curious :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I do and don't. I have some affiliate ads - Lime Crime, Sugarpill, Sigma - for which I earn money from but I don't promote it left and right. If someone clicks on it, great but if not no biggie. I only have companies whose products I like and use.

Quote:Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I do and don't. I have some affiliate ads - Lime Crime, Sugarpill, Sigma - for which I earn money from but I don't promote it left and right. If someone clicks on it, great but if not no biggie. I only have companies whose products I like and use.

Hey zadidoll! Thank You for your reply! Didi you contact those affiliates yourself or did they contact you? And how much money do you make if it's not a secret? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was wondering the same thing! Checked out your blog, I love it! <3 Mind checking out mine?

I make my money with Google AdSense, it's not much but it pays for my subscription boxes every month.

And I recently joined a couple affiliate networks, so I might start making sponsored posts in the future from time to time.

I have several blogs and the majority of my income comes from affiliate marketing and sponsors. Some companies self-manage their affiliate programs, others you will find in networks like ShareASale or Commission Junction. There are also tons of places to find sponsors and review opportunities (and sometimes they come to you). I don't watch too closely for beauty opportunities but it wouldn't hurt to apply to places like Clever Girls Collective, Social Fabric, TapInfluence, etc. I have extensive lists if it is something of interest. 

I have several blogs and the majority of my income comes from affiliate marketing and sponsors. Some companies self-manage their affiliate programs, others you will find in networks like ShareASale or Commission Junction. There are also tons of places to find sponsors and review opportunities (and sometimes they come to you). I don't watch too closely for beauty opportunities but it wouldn't hurt to apply to places like Clever Girls Collective, Social Fabric, TapInfluence, etc. I have extensive lists if it is something of interest. 
Thank you sooo much for answering! I'm definitely going to look into those websites :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sure! I almost forgot VigLink. Do check them out. Rather than having to apply to dozens of affiliate programs they can take care of affiliating any links on your site for you. If you link to sephora.com, it affiliates the link when someone clicks it. They do take 25% of your earnings but in many cases they have negotiated a much higher rate than is available in the networks. It is a huge time saver! (and it is a great program for small or newer blogs that may not meet merchant requirements otherwise)

This is great info! I've been wondering the same thing. How big does your blog need to be before people will consider working with you? I get a decent amount of traffic to my blog (for a new blog, anyway) but people are slow to follow it. I want to have a goal in mind for when I should start looking into affiliate programs. I've found a few small business owners who would like to send me samples to review, and I think this will increase my traffic :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It depends. Some networks and advertisers have strict editorial and traffic requirements, others do not. I would focus on building your traffic and following before making money a priority. Passion can fade quickly when you start turning it into a job. 

I also want to make money from blog but google never accept my blog for ads... even now I don't have option to submit my blog for review.

I was just wondering how many of you bloggers are making money or have tried to make money with your blog? And how do you do it? I have been reading so many articles on internet about it and it's pretty confusing.   My blog is obviously too new to try anything like that but I'm just curious :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I joined wealthy affiliate and they teach you how to make money on your own blog and how to get it ranked! They also provide websites with free hosting. You can also collaborate with other members as well!http://www.wealthyaffiliate.com?a_aid=2dceb25b

Latest posts

Back