Makeup beginner advice

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, so I am a beginner at makeup but have at least attempted eye makeup, bronzer, blush, foundation, powder....etc.... I am a transwoman and have watched videos on transgender makeup, and beginner makeup. I decided I am going to slowly move from one type of makeup to the next. Not moving onto the next until I get quite good at it. So in the last month or so I have become quite good at makeup prep (face wash, toner, moisturiser, then finally primer(if needed) ) , foundation, powder bronzer(contouring), and blush. now I think I am ready for the next step: highlighter. What is a really good highlighter or good for the price highlighter? And what type of brush do you use for highlighter(kabuki same as blush, powder? or something else?) I have a couple sets of ecotools brushes and a retractable kabuki brush and a foundation brush. Any brushes that are specifically good for highlighting by Ecotools or other company?  Any tips on highlighting? I know highlighter was supposed to go right above blush and in between the edge of eyes and bronzer(the bronzer touching the left and right hairline right above the ears...level with the eyes) and higher on the browbone? ...kind of forming a c around the eyes. I have seen other tips to put highlighter on the line of the nose in order to make it look thinner. Another tip was to put highlighter between bottom of the chin(where more bronzer is) and the bottom of the lip. Another tip was to put some highlighter on the inner part of the lips after applying lipliner on the outer part of the lips and lipstick on the middle part of the lips. Any other tips?

Here's a really great basic guide for highlighting! -

So everywhere the lighter product is, is where you want to highlight, the darker products are for contouring! As far as which products to use for highlighting, it depends on your skin tone
smile.gif

Awesome highlighting/contouring guide cheshirecookie! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll have to try the contouring on the side of the nose next time! All the other places(besides the eyes which I will just use eyeshadow for) are pretty much where I am contouring already.

Back