Macy's Beauty Advisor Questions?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I need your advice.

I applied for a job as a Macy's Beauty Advisor online, and within 24 hours they emailed me to schedule an interview. I went to the interview two days after that and I think it went well, but now I'm waiting to hear back from them for the second interview with the cosmetics manager. How long does it generally take for them to decide they want you to come in for a second interview? I'm very nervous because I have no experience as a makeup artist, I just know a lot about makeup from my own personal research and from practicing on friends. 

Hi! I hope this isn't too late! I'm a Counter Manager at Estee Lauder. Depending on the manager's schedule, it probably takes about a week at the most for them to coordinate with you. At least at my Macy's, we generally prefer to move pretty quick with interviews.

The fact that you don't have *any* experience is going to kick you every-time these days. You need to get some books, read, and practice. I would get some esthiology books and learn about skin anatomy, and function. Learn about the companies, AND their competitors products lines. If you really have it, you will find these things fascinating. You gotta acknowledge skin in your interview. Gotta.

Saying I have read a lot about make-up isn't all that hot either because of the advent of the internet. I digress.

Skin care is where the companies make their money, essentially where YOU will make YOUR money too as you will work on commission. It's also the best way for client retention in a highly fickle market, with a new product bombarding women every time they open their laptop, magazine, drive by a billboard, or hear on the radio. We are constantly being reminded of the necessity to look beautiful.

Having unhealthy skin isn't going to compliment the make-up. It's the first step.

Once you have the lingo down, use it alot in anecdotes, interests, and opinons during the interview.

Know the line in and out.

Show LOTS of enthusiasm.

Smile all the time.

ALL the time.

Contact them and let them know how eager you are, and look forward to their decision. But mostly to say that it was nice to make their acquaintance. That is how you get customers to come back to the counter and they will like that you have this subtle tenacity.

Start with Milady's Esthetic Workbook and Book.

Former employee, it was 3 interviews and the 3rd was over the phone. They got back to me right away after that. Now i'm working as a beauty assistant online with makeoverly.com and it was just 1 interview which I much prefer. I get so nervous at those!

Back