Yellow tints after bleaching.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey (first post on here)

I've been bleaching my hair for about 4 years now, but the last 3-4 times I've not been getting as good as a result as usual. 

I usually use Sallys own blue powder bleach and 30vol peroxide, but as it had been giving me yellow tints, I picked up a bottle of Jerome Russles 40vol and it's even yellower. 

I used a purple shampoo to wash it off and then popped some conditioner mixed with a violet dye in as a toner (always done this, never used a store-bought one). The purple bits are stuck to the more porous areas of my hair but done little to nothing to my yellow bits.

Normally, I'd just dye the whole lot pastel-purple and let it fade to a grey-white, but I'm starting a new job tomorrow and don't know what their hair-colour policy is.

Wondering if anyone has any advice?

Could I shove a box-dye over it or spot-bleach? Any brilliant toners out there?

Here's some photos of my hair;

Thanks!

Its way to fragile to color and you will have to go darker. You need a clarifying shampoo to wash that color out of your hair. Wash your hair every single day to get the color out if you can't handle that cause your hair is damaged , I would do every other day than. 

Hope this helps! 

Good luck!

Honey Clouds 

Yeah, I already sorted it. Re-bleached the roots and used a DIY purple toner.

It's back to white and isn't all that damaged.

(my hair looks really bad in the photos I posted because I quickly half-dried it with a hairdryer. I have naturally curly/frizzy hair. Didn't use my usual coconut oil there, so looks very frizzy, like it was when I was a kid. It's fairly healthy despite how it looks, I've always had puffy/frizzy hair, even before I started bleaching it. Bad diet and stuff I suppose!)

Your hair doesn't look damaged to me. I wish I could do my own, but I'm afraid. My natural color is abt a level 5, so it is tricky bringing it to platinum.

Back