Starlooks Starbox July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking forward to some color ;-) What was your favorite box? I think mine was February.

My favorite box was last August.  I paid the $25 and picked it up to try it out before subscribing.  There were only three items, but they were perfectly curated by a guest artist.  The box had a sultry, almost goth theme.  I kind of had a false impression that they were all about being a bit edgy and dark like that, lol!  My first subscription box was October, so I had that mindset for kind of a while.  It seems to have such a different vibe now.  I still love it though, I use more products from my Starbox than from any other subscription service.  I am really looking forward to some color in the July box as well
icon_cheesygrin.gif

This will be my first box. I have no need whatsoever for any more makeup, but I got pulled in after receiving the lipliner in my Ipsy bag. I wouldn't go out of my way to order any of the past boxes but I would have been thrilled to receive any of them.

Hi, my name is Candice, and I have a beauty box addiction...lol.

My fave was February, too...and I am looking forward to some color this month!

My fave was April, I like their setting powder better than my Nars, even, and the tendergloss was awesome until I lost it (sadface).  I'm really hoping for color though, I've subbed since Jan and the closest we've had was Feb, and unfortunately Tipsy was all wrong for my coloring.

July will be my first month & I am also hoping it will be much better, and more colorful, than June's box. I really feel like I dodged a bullet by missing the June sign up by 2 days. 

July box, huzzah! 

bud.gif

So I'm about to go all rogue and say that I loved the products in the June box LOL (minus the pin..the pin was...odd) but I'm using the liquid eyeliner, white eyeliner and bronzer every day now! Other than that I really loved April's box! The translucent powder is my daily HG powder, I use the lash boost every day as well and the chapstick is SOOOO delicious lol (yes, yes it DOES taste good, hush)

In case anyone is curious about the Signature Turquoise Set, here are swatches:

The flash washed out the shadow, it looks more vivid in person. 

Hi all!  I really got introduced to SL by ipsy (tickle me pink lip pencil)- & liked it enough + the discount code, to try ordering more from them.  I am so IN LOVE
wub.gif
with their gem liners & makeup brushes!! After getting my jan box (& Signature Turquoise Set)- I had to go back and order some more brushes!  Wow, so nice!  (I also ordered before that, the special ipy tickle me pink set, tendergloss, & lip scrub).  Are there any of their makeup brushes that people would really recommend? I have their small dome, & just got the med dome, slanted eyeliner, and medium slant liner (+ brush cleaner).

July looks book posted...
Is it just me or does it seem like a lot of the products for the July looks could have come completely from Junes box? Was hoping for a little more color this month

Originally Posted by Jflopez /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it just me or does it seem like a lot of the products for the July looks could have come completely from Junes box? Was hoping for a little more color this month
That's what I was thinking! This is my first month, but I saw what everyone got last month & the looks are definitely similar. Bronzer & eyeliner are probably out...but maybe highlighter, mascara, and eyeshadow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's what I was thinking! This is my first month, but I saw what everyone got last month & the looks are definitely similar. Bronzer & eyeliner are probably out...but maybe highlighter, mascara, and eyeshadow?
Now I'm scared to look. lol

It doesn't remind me of June's Looksbook at all aside from the obvious bronzer.

From the description: Our July Starbox Look screams ultimate summer! Golds, Peaches, Bronzes, Blacks, Maroons, Highlighters, Illuminators – all essential for the sexiest, most enticing summer face and body. Don’t be afraid to experiment – not just with color, but also application! You’ll be surprised by the versatility of the July Starbox Products 
icon_wink.gif

Maybe a highlighter with an eyeshadow or pigment luster and lipstick in the colors they mentioned? Those seem to be the features they keyed in on in the pics. They just sent mascara in March, so I think that's out. 

Marci did an interview with NBC San Diego at the beginning of the month and showed off a 5-pan eye palette with gold/bronze shades. The video link can be found on the Starlooks FB page (whomever posted it said it was CBS and that it was a makeup tutorial though it wasn't at all a tutorial). I'm thinking that's what we're getting.

There is a 5 shade eyeshadow palette called St Tropez and the colors included are gold, peach maroon...I wonder if we might be getting that?!?!?! The shades from that palette look like they could be the ones the models are wearing....or like a 4 shade empty palette with the three shades the models are wearing from that palette? *shrugs*

EDIT: I thought the fb post mentioned St Tropez, but it mentioned Ibiza, so maybe not that palette after all. There is an Ibiza palette but the colors are silvers, browns & black.

Oh man it does look like the St. Tropez shadow palate which I just got on Saturday for my birthday! They are gorgeous colors which is why I asked for it for my birthday! But I'm secretly hoping its not that since I already have it.

Originally Posted by alphaloria /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Jflopez /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Marci did an interview with NBC San Diego at the beginning of the month and showed off a 5-pan eye palette with gold/bronze shades. The video link can be found on the Starlooks FB page (whomever posted it said it was CBS and that it was a makeup tutorial though it wasn't at all a tutorial). I'm thinking that's what we're getting.

I just watched the video and she did seem to imply that the palette would be in the July box. I looked on the website and there is a palette called Ibiza. I really hope we are getting it, I would be over the moon! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

ETA: The palette from the video appears to be the Milan palette.

Oh I would be so in love with any of the 5 shade palettes! Fingers crossed.

I am also wondering if they are using eyeshadow shades as highlighters in the pics?

Back