Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
whitegirl17

looking for semi permanent make up

Recommended Posts

hello

 

I am looking for semi permanent  eye liner or another kind of make up pen...

 

can you recommend please??

 

sorry for bad english

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I know, Eve Pearl, Ben Nye and Kat Von D have specific eye pens (think Sharpie), All 3 brands consider them as tattoo liner pens. Kat Von D has a larger colour range. MUFE and other department store make-up brands have felt-tipped liners, but are not the same as the above mentioned next gen tattoo pen liners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I figured I missed a couple of brands... Thanks guys. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

simply continue looking on web in continue seeking you will find something i dont know no school however keep your head up something will come your direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey

 

thanks !!

 

I prefer a semi permanent makeup from a known and big company, like mac, revlon, loreal etc..

because I want to be sure that the product is healthy and doesn't damage ..

 

how can I trust the products that I bought? I afraid from allegtic reaction or carcinogen ingredients ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Annelle View Post

 

Magic Styl'O has a large range of colors for their semi-permanent makeup pens as well.

hey

 

I visited their website and I dont understand something...

 

they said that their pens can be easily removed by oil based makeup remover and the color lasts for 24 hours... it's like a regular makeup pen.. it's not semi permanent :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by whitegirl17 View Post

 

hey

 

thanks !!

 

I prefer a semi permanent makeup from a known and big company, like mac, revlon, loreal etc..

because I want to be sure that the product is healthy and doesn't damage ..

 

how can I trust the products that I bought? I afraid from allegtic reaction or carcinogen ingredients ... 

 

Revlon, L'Oreal don't make that type of makeup because it's designed for the "everyday person". MAC, as good as it is, also does not make that type of makeup. What do you mean by semi-permanent? Lasts days, weeks? There is nothing on the market like that due to FDA regulations on what is allowed and not allowed in cosmetics. The closest you'll find are products used in the professional field for movies and tv - Ben Nye, Mehron, Graftobian, Reel FX, Tat2U, etc - because those are designed to last hours without budging despite sweat, water and other "wet" factors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

 

 

Revlon, L'Oreal don't make that type of makeup because it's designed for the "everyday person". MAC, as good as it is, also does not make that type of makeup. What do you mean by semi-permanent? Lasts days, weeks? There is nothing on the market like that due to FDA regulations on what is allowed and not allowed in cosmetics. The closest you'll find are products used in the professional field for movies and tv - Ben Nye, Mehron, Graftobian, Reel FX, Tat2U, etc - because those are designed to last hours without budging despite sweat, water and other "wet" factors.

 

I mean pen that doesn't easy to remove, even if you try to remove it by water and soap, for at least 24 hours ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then the faux tattoo pens would be better suited. I tried these at IMATS LA in Janaury and couldn't get it off even with soap and water. Could have sworn I had swatch pics of it but can't find the images. I have recommended these pens to cosplayers looking to create faux tattoos their characters use and needing it to last a couple of days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with Zadi. Professional brands are the way to go, as street make-up lines don't cut it. And like both Zadi and I have already recommended, tattoo pens are THE way to go for what you're looking for, and we've listed the brands that carry them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by whitegirl17 View Post

 

hey

 

thanks !!

 

I prefer a semi permanent makeup from a known and big company, like mac, revlon, loreal etc..

because I want to be sure that the product is healthy and doesn't damage ..

 

how can I trust the products that I bought? I afraid from allegtic reaction or carcinogen ingredients ... 

Eve Pearl and Ben Nye are both major well known companies.  Eve Pearl was the makeup supervisor for The View, working there for 10 years, and has won 5 Emmy awards for her makeup. Ben Nye was a makeup artist from the 1930's - 1960's before he started his makeup company that has been around since 1967. (He worked on Gone with the Wind, Miracle on 34th Street, The King and I, and developed the makeup and prosthesis used in Planet of the Apes. His products have long been used in Broadway productions and live shows.)

 

Kat Von D is a tattoo artist that sells her makeup line through Sephora, so you can try out the products from there. (Sephora as a good return policy, so if you have an allergic reaction you can take it back.)

 

Unfortunately, allergic reactions are something that anyone can get from any product, so whether it's a big well known company, or a small start up, if you're allergic to something in it, it can cause an allergic reaction.  I'd suggest looking through the ingredients to watch for anything you know you're allergic to before using any of the products.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey   thanks you guys !!   zadidoll - where can I buy faux tatto pens? I didnt find it in google vogueboy - so what do you recommand? which brand? Annelle - I visited eye pearl's website and I didn't find semi permanent pen. I didn't find anything about product for sell at Kat Von D's website    i'm looking for brown pen, that hard to remove by soap and water or regular makeup remover.. and lasts more than 24 hours..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

 

http://tat2u.com/

 

The Kat Von D products are sold at Sephora.com.

hey

 

thanks for the help !

kat von d doesn't sell brown pens =[ out of stock

 

tat2u - do i need to buy both pen and ink..? do you recommend this product? does it hard to remove by soap and water?..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never recommend products. My motto is what works for me may not work for you; what works for you may not work for me. I only suggest names of products I'm familiar with and/or have tried. I have tried these pens at IMATS LA in January. These pens do not come off with soap and water but will with an oil makeup remover. The pen from Tat 2 U comes with ink like like any other eyeliner marker. As for Kat Von D the online site is sold out, if you have a Sephora nearby check there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am with Zadi here (when am I not...) I usually "recommend" based on what your needs are. I "suggest" based on brands. As results will fall into a range. In the make-up trailer we have to consider a whole bunch of factors when we use products on different actors from different parts of the world. To answer your question, I suggest Ben Nye as they carry brown, which Is highly unlikely that it would be sold out. However, if you find a Sephora location that has Kat D's brown in stock, get it. Ben Nye is usually available at 3rd party resellers like Naimies, Frends, Alcone, so it's a bit of an Internet search but at least the product is in stock. I am familiar with Tat2U, as some of my colleagues have them, but I haven't used them... Yet. Hence I didn't list it in my first post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by vogueboy View Post

 

To answer your question, I suggest Ben Nye as they carry brown, which Is highly unlikely that it would be sold out. However, if you find a Sephora location that has Kat D's brown in stock, get it.

 

Ben Nye is usually available at 3rd party resellers like Naimies, Frends, Alcone, so it's a bit of an Internet search but at least the product is in stock.

Just to back up vogueboy...

 

Naimies, Frends, Alcone, and Sephora are all major, reputable, well known stores.  Sephora is more geared toward the regular consumer, where as Naimies, Frends, and Alcone feature many products specifically for professionals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!


  • Posts

    • medium length hairstyles 2019, medium length haircuts lady, 2019 hairstyles women, haircuts 2019 most trend medium length haircuts 2019 2020 https://www.causesandtreatment.com/2019/06/12/beautiful-medium-length-hairstyles-for-women-of-all-ages/
    • We have prepared nostalgic hairstyles that you would like to try in concept parties or daily life in accordance with your facial features. Flashback! You can try the most trendy hairstyles of the period with the most beautiful hairstyles of the 1970s.And we start a fast journey through the time tunnel filled with photos! https://www.causesandtreatment.com/2019/06/13/back-to-the-past-1970s-most-beautiful-hairstyles/
    • Perhaps the simplest thing is to choose a new haircut, after all, if you don't like it, it's going to come back and go back to your old style. We're not used to the changes too much, the cuts are less scary than coloring your hair and then you don't face an intense phase of repentance. And if that's the case, we'd like to tell you it's in the right place. https://www.causesandtreatment.com/2019/06/13/10-cool-women-hairstyles-that-inspire-your-look/
    • If you think you need long hair for beautiful and exciting braid hairstyles, you are wrong. Because these 5 styles prove that short hair is also possible.You can try these braid short hairstyles for a charming summer party, your best friend's wedding or an afternoon where you just rest for a picnic in the park. We love to try your luck and renew our hair with a stylish hairstyle, these styles are for you. If your hair is cut in fashionable short cuts, you can use these detailed braids even for very short hair. https://www.causesandtreatment.com/2019/06/13/10-cool-women-hairstyles-that-inspire-your-look/
    • I recommend this links about hair https://www.pinterest.com/HealthFitnessBeautyy/ https://www.pinterest.com/pin/655203445769920898/ https://www.pinterest.com/pin/655203445769964072/ https://www.pinterest.com/pin/655203445770016376/

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook

×