Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MaiteS

Beauty Army July 2013

Recommended Posts

Here are some new things I saw, plus now they have the eyeliner in brown.  I will probably skip.

400

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I just picked my box (which will be my last box for awhile since I'm moving)
 
-Yes to Blueberries eye treatment
-itrain gift card (I love I train!)
-Hair chalk in hot pink
-Pida exfoliating gel
-Shave oil
-Eyeliner in purple (I have the blue and I adore it! I wanted to get it in more colors and no matter how much I just want to shop their site getting it from Beauty Army is so much easier!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My window opened, but I haven't played around with it yet. I am happy to see that the hair chalk is on there though so I might get that in pink if I can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's mine:

3947-0092-0002-150x150.jpg
4730-0102-0004-150x150.jpg
ADDICTION NV
Gel Liner Pot
(Hell On Heels)
4912-0105-0001-150x150.jpg
BIKINI SOFT
Smooth Shave Oil
 
-took me awhile to get the blue eyeliner, mini kittour bottle, purple hair chalk & shave oil all in the same selection!  I kept playing with it over & over, but never seemed to get any more exciting/different selections- it's funny, it's like last time- there are 5 choices I picked that I am actually really interested in, but the 6th? Can't ever seem to find a selection window that offers enough things that has 6 things I would all want, (which granted was only my 1st box last time), but both times so far- it was 5 I really wanted and then just randomly chose something for #6 (this time, it was the yes to carrots super rich moisturizer as the random-meh-whatever pick).   I guess I could have waited longer in my selection window (today was only day 1), but I really wanted that blue eyeliner! biggrin.gif And plus I'm super impatient!
 
Well we'll see what next month brings- worse case, I can always skip it!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone order any of the all-star kits?? I really want to know what was in them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Lily V View Post

 

-took me awhile to get the blue eyeliner, mini kittour bottle, purple hair chalk & shave oil all in the same selection!  I kept playing with it over & over, but never seemed to get any more exciting/different selections- it's funny, it's like last time- there are 5 choices I picked that I am actually really interested in, but the 6th? Can't ever seem to find a selection window that offers enough things that has 6 things I would all want, (which granted was only my 1st box last time), but both times so far- it was 5 I really wanted and then just randomly chose something for #6 (this time, it was the yes to carrots super rich moisturizer as the random-meh-whatever pick).   I guess I could have waited longer in my selection window (today was only day 1), but I really wanted that blue eyeliner! biggrin.gif And plus I'm super impatient!
 
Well we'll see what next month brings- worse case, I can always skip it!
 

I always get that too! There's like 4 or 5 things I really want and then I just add some random item that I know I'll use, but that I don't really care about. (:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gave up and cut this sub loose. I think this was my fourth month in a row of not seeing even one thing I wanted. I'm going to new the boxes themselves, but on the other hand, I *do* have a few already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was probably my most meh box. I just really wanted to try the hair chalk even though you can just go to Micheals crafts and buy artists pastels, because that's all "hair chalk" is.

The marketing gimmicks abound with that stuff.

 

The Addiction NV company seems to be out of business. I tried going to their website to see if the sale was still on, and it says no longer available. You can still backdoor in by googling, but all the stock seems to be gone.

Just a heads up for anyone who picked it. Seems silly to have a product line that went kaput in a sample box, but whatevs.

 

I plan on using my lipgloss first thing so it doesn't go rancid, since who knows how old of a stock the products are from that line.

 

I'm excited about the ITrain thing and the other products.

 

All in all this sub is not the best ever, but I enjoy being able to choose the samples I get.

 

 

1000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by CaliMel View Post

 

This was probably my most meh box. I just really wanted to try the hair chalk even though you can just go to Micheals crafts and buy artists pastels, because that's all "hair chalk" is.

The marketing gimmicks abound with that stuff.

 

The Addiction NV company seems to be out of business. I tried going to their website to see if the sale was still on, and it says no longer available. You can still backdoor in by googling, but all the stock seems to be gone.

Just a heads up for anyone who picked it. Seems silly to have a product line that went kaput in a sample box, but whatevs.

 

I plan on using my lipgloss first thing so it doesn't go rancid, since who knows how old of a stock the products are from that line.

 

I'm excited about the ITrain thing and the other products.

 

All in all this sub is not the best ever, but I enjoy being able to choose the samples I get.

 

 

1000

 

Aw that's sad since I loved the eyeliner I got from them last month! It is the only creamy gel liner that I've ever had and I was going to buy more of it. Well I guess I better cherish the two that I was lucky to get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw that too (about addiction NV)- so I was googling around about it and found out on their facebook page that they lost the trademark to the name, so they're having to start over with a whole new name/new packaging- they're going to be called "Hey Saylor" now, and looks like the packaging is going to be all retro/vintage/Pin up (supposedly going to be the exact same product though, just diff packaging). 

 

here's the facebook page- https://www.facebook.com/Official.AddictionNV

but when you click on it, you can see it now says hey saylor.

 

I wonder if the prices are going to stay the same.. (they were pretty pricey, I'm not paying $45 for primer from an indie brand..dangnit for not getting any on the 70% off sale!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Lily V View Post

 

I saw that too (about addiction NV)- so I was googling around about it and found out on their facebook page that they lost the trademark to the name, so they're having to start over with a whole new name/new packaging- they're going to be called "Hey Saylor" now, and looks like the packaging is going to be all retro/vintage/Pin up (supposedly going to be the exact same product though, just diff packaging). 

 

here's the facebook page- https://www.facebook.com/Official.AddictionNV

but when you click on it, you can see it now says hey saylor.

 

I wonder if the prices are going to stay the same.. (they were pretty pricey, I'm not paying $45 for primer from an indie brand..dangnit for not getting any on the 70% off sale!)

That's good to know! Thanks! (:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not super excited about the samples but I'm happy not to have any foil packets this month. I've tried the shampoo and the liner in gold already. I also got the pink hair chalk last month but haven't tried it. I am interested in trying the soap-less face wash. I can never find any good soap-less products I enjoy using and soap can be so drying! I wish beauty army would get some new interesting products.

 

1000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Lolo22 View Post

 

Did anyone order any of the all-star kits?? I really want to know what was in them!

 

Whats the all-star kit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love love my ADICTION linners......got of of them now , teal one and the black with speakles one . I dip in JOJOBA oil a little with a fine brush and add the color in my palm for a smooth line or Cat eyes .....easier to apply ! love that black-brown color .......the pigments are just gorgeous . stay put too !!! I want the shaving oil in my next box !!! ......and The Manza face wash !!! .......I wish I could of have the rose oil face oil last month .......ANYONE LOVE THE ROSE OIL ????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

 

I gave up and cut this sub loose. I think this was my fourth month in a row of not seeing even one thing I wanted. I'm going to new the boxes themselves, but on the other hand, I *do* have a few already.

 

I am tempted to cut it loose, too.  I think this is the 4th or 5th month I have skipped.  I don't know why I keep hanging on to it, I have lots of other subs.  I guess I just keep thinking the next month will finally have more than 1 or 2 samples I actually want!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by XJ Sarah View Post

 

 

Whats the all-star kit?

 

They offered kits a few weeks ago for hair, makeup, fragrance, skincare and body with mystery items and a minimum $25 value.  There wasnt much information and they sold out fairly quickly.  After they were sold out, BA replied to a few Facebook comments that they had a mixture of full size and sample size products in them and that they were mostly not the same samples that were available in the selection windows.  Sounded interesting and I was kind of bummed I missed out on one of them.  I've looked for reviews and unboxings and not found any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought for sure I took a screen shot of my order because it was my very first sample box (just got off BB wait list still wait listed for Ipsy & I got a total beauty collection box that got here super fast! I also was able to get the Haute season bag before it sold out. Um I think this could be very addicting! :) ) So, the TBC is the only one I have received & I'm in LOVE with the Pacifica BB cream & their lip tint. Whoah veered off topic! Ok so here's my very first sub/Beauty Army order..... Addiction Nv lip gloss in Tease em full size Mark lip gloss in Honey full size Own eye treatment The hot pink hair chalk Mini kittour travel bottle Lash cards.... I've seen a lot of lash card mocking but I'm one of those people without steady hands & I ALWAYS get mascara under my eye or on my lid. So this may be genius for me. I'm so new idk if I got good bang for my buck but I played around a lot until I got the colors I wanted to line up. The travel bottle was for sure my meh item.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just picked my samples yesterday -

 

700

 

 

i have the color smash in pink and i really liked it - i also picked another NV lipgloss cause i liked it as well. this one is a nude plum color but you can't really tell. the menza is actually a men's option! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The hot pink color chalk is SO FUN! I've used my several times already. Love it cuz it takes me back to my teenage 80's hot pink bangs :D at 43 I maybe shouldn't be using it but oh well it's too fun & nobody has ever accused me of being too mature lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!


  • Posts

    • Have you heard about the Beauty DNA test?  Isn't anything new to you? I discovered one of the beauty articles talking about Beauty DNA test. It said a  test could customise a skincare routine based on our Genetic ( sounds personal in my opinion )   I did   order a kit online.  ( many companies offer the test) ,and my package is on its way.   I will give you guys an update soon about how I do the test and what results I  get. Anyway, If some of you have tried the test yourself, please share with me. Thank You        
    • Hi. I really like to watch how the model girls are preparing for casting and how everything is arranged from the inside. Now I am also studying in more detail all the main points and you can also look at our website. Here are interesting details from the life of super models from the African continent.
    • It's too bad the serum didn't work out as well as you expected. Have you tried diluting it in your toner or moisturizer?
    • this 5 product most sell on amazon  LilyAna Naturals Retinol Cream Moisturizer. COSRX Acne Pimple Master Patch. Differin Gel.  Thayers Witch Hazel Toner Areno Daily Moisturizing Lotion.
    • I saw this DIY mascara on Pinterest and it made me wonder how many people actually DIY their makeup. Lip scrub, I've tried before and it was fine. How about you?

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook

×