Beauty Army July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Everyone - New Thread for the New Month!

Feel free to share your boxes here!

Here are some new things I saw, plus now they have the eyeliner in brown.  I will probably skip.

I just picked my box (which will be my last box for awhile since I'm moving)

-Yes to Blueberries eye treatment
-itrain gift card (I love I train!)
-Hair chalk in hot pink
-Pida exfoliating gel
-Shave oil
-Eyeliner in purple (I have the blue and I adore it! I wanted to get it in more colors and no matter how much I just want to shop their site getting it from Beauty Army is so much easier!)

My window opened, but I haven't played around with it yet. I am happy to see that the hair chalk is on there though so I might get that in pink if I can.

Here's mine:

YES TO
Super Rich Body Butter

OWN
Eye Cream

4730-0102-0004-150x150.jpg

ADDICTION NV
Gel Liner Pot
(Hell On Heels)

MINI KITTOUR
30ml Travel Bottle
(Frosted)

COLORSMASH
Hair Shadow
(Rags To Riches)

4912-0105-0001-150x150.jpg

BIKINI SOFT
Smooth Shave Oil

-took me awhile to get the blue eyeliner, mini kittour bottle, purple hair chalk & shave oil all in the same selection!  I kept playing with it over & over, but never seemed to get any more exciting/different selections- it's funny, it's like last time- there are 5 choices I picked that I am actually really interested in, but the 6th? Can't ever seem to find a selection window that offers enough things that has 6 things I would all want, (which granted was only my 1st box last time), but both times so far- it was 5 I really wanted and then just randomly chose something for #6 (this time, it was the yes to carrots super rich moisturizer as the random-meh-whatever pick).   I guess I could have waited longer in my selection window (today was only day 1), but I really wanted that blue eyeliner!
biggrin.gif
And plus I'm super impatient!

Well we'll see what next month brings- worse case, I can always skip it!

This is my first month with Beauty Army and I really like what I'm getting! I played around with it a bit too, but I'm excited. 

Did anyone order any of the all-star kits?? I really want to know what was in them!

Originally Posted by Lily V /img/forum/go_quote.gif

-took me awhile to get the blue eyeliner, mini kittour bottle, purple hair chalk & shave oil all in the same selection!  I kept playing with it over & over, but never seemed to get any more exciting/different selections- it's funny, it's like last time- there are 5 choices I picked that I am actually really interested in, but the 6th? Can't ever seem to find a selection window that offers enough things that has 6 things I would all want, (which granted was only my 1st box last time), but both times so far- it was 5 I really wanted and then just randomly chose something for #6 (this time, it was the yes to carrots super rich moisturizer as the random-meh-whatever pick).   I guess I could have waited longer in my selection window (today was only day 1), but I really wanted that blue eyeliner!
biggrin.gif
And plus I'm super impatient!

Well we'll see what next month brings- worse case, I can always skip it!

I always get that too! There's like 4 or 5 things I really want and then I just add some random item that I know I'll use, but that I don't really care about. :)

I gave up and cut this sub loose. I think this was my fourth month in a row of not seeing even one thing I wanted. I'm going to new the boxes themselves, but on the other hand, I *do* have a few already.

This was probably my most meh box. I just really wanted to try the hair chalk even though you can just go to Micheals crafts and buy artists pastels, because that's all "hair chalk" is.

The marketing gimmicks abound with that stuff.

The Addiction NV company seems to be out of business. I tried going to their website to see if the sale was still on, and it says no longer available. You can still backdoor in by googling, but all the stock seems to be gone.

Just a heads up for anyone who picked it. Seems silly to have a product line that went kaput in a sample box, but whatevs.

I plan on using my lipgloss first thing so it doesn't go rancid, since who knows how old of a stock the products are from that line.

I'm excited about the ITrain thing and the other products.

All in all this sub is not the best ever, but I enjoy being able to choose the samples I get.

Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This was probably my most meh box. I just really wanted to try the hair chalk even though you can just go to Micheals crafts and buy artists pastels, because that's all "hair chalk" is.

The marketing gimmicks abound with that stuff.

The Addiction NV company seems to be out of business. I tried going to their website to see if the sale was still on, and it says no longer available. You can still backdoor in by googling, but all the stock seems to be gone.

Just a heads up for anyone who picked it. Seems silly to have a product line that went kaput in a sample box, but whatevs.

I plan on using my lipgloss first thing so it doesn't go rancid, since who knows how old of a stock the products are from that line.

I'm excited about the ITrain thing and the other products.

All in all this sub is not the best ever, but I enjoy being able to choose the samples I get.

Aw that's sad since I loved the eyeliner I got from them last month! It is the only creamy gel liner that I've ever had and I was going to buy more of it. Well I guess I better cherish the two that I was lucky to get.

I saw that too (about addiction NV)- so I was googling around about it and found out on their facebook page that they lost the trademark to the name, so they're having to start over with a whole new name/new packaging- they're going to be called "Hey Saylor" now, and looks like the packaging is going to be all retro/vintage/Pin up (supposedly going to be the exact same product though, just diff packaging). 

here's the facebook page- https://www.facebook.com/Official.AddictionNV

but when you click on it, you can see it now says hey saylor.

I wonder if the prices are going to stay the same.. (they were pretty pricey, I'm not paying $45 for primer from an indie brand..dangnit for not getting any on the 70% off sale!)

Originally Posted by Lily V /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I saw that too (about addiction NV)- so I was googling around about it and found out on their facebook page that they lost the trademark to the name, so they're having to start over with a whole new name/new packaging- they're going to be called "Hey Saylor" now, and looks like the packaging is going to be all retro/vintage/Pin up (supposedly going to be the exact same product though, just diff packaging). 

here's the facebook page- https://www.facebook.com/Official.AddictionNV

but when you click on it, you can see it now says hey saylor.

I wonder if the prices are going to stay the same.. (they were pretty pricey, I'm not paying $45 for primer from an indie brand..dangnit for not getting any on the 70% off sale!)
That's good to know! Thanks! :)

I'm not super excited about the samples but I'm happy not to have any foil packets this month. I've tried the shampoo and the liner in gold already. I also got the pink hair chalk last month but haven't tried it. I am interested in trying the soap-less face wash. I can never find any good soap-less products I enjoy using and soap can be so drying! I wish beauty army would get some new interesting products.

Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did anyone order any of the all-star kits?? I really want to know what was in them!
Whats the all-star kit?

Love love my ADICTION linners......got of of them now , teal one and the black with speakles one . I dip in JOJOBA oil a little with a fine brush and add the color in my palm for a smooth line or Cat eyes .....easier to apply ! love that black-brown color .......the pigments are just gorgeous . stay put too !!! I want the shaving oil in my next box !!! ......and The Manza face wash !!! .......I wish I could of have the rose oil face oil last month .......ANYONE LOVE THE ROSE OIL ????

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I gave up and cut this sub loose. I think this was my fourth month in a row of not seeing even one thing I wanted. I'm going to new the boxes themselves, but on the other hand, I *do* have a few already.
I am tempted to cut it loose, too.  I think this is the 4th or 5th month I have skipped.  I don't know why I keep hanging on to it, I have lots of other subs.  I guess I just keep thinking the next month will finally have more than 1 or 2 samples I actually want!

Originally Posted by XJ Sarah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Whats the all-star kit?
They offered kits a few weeks ago for hair, makeup, fragrance, skincare and body with mystery items and a minimum $25 value.  There wasnt much information and they sold out fairly quickly.  After they were sold out, BA replied to a few Facebook comments that they had a mixture of full size and sample size products in them and that they were mostly not the same samples that were available in the selection windows.  Sounded interesting and I was kind of bummed I missed out on one of them.  I've looked for reviews and unboxings and not found any.

I thought for sure I took a screen shot of my order because it was my very first sample box (just got off BB wait list still wait listed for Ipsy & I got a total beauty collection box that got here super fast! I also was able to get the Haute season bag before it sold out. Um I think this could be very addicting! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) So, the TBC is the only one I have received & I'm in LOVE with the Pacifica BB cream & their lip tint. Whoah veered off topic! Ok so here's my very first sub/Beauty Army order..... Addiction Nv lip gloss in Tease em full size Mark lip gloss in Honey full size Own eye treatment The hot pink hair chalk Mini kittour travel bottle Lash cards.... I've seen a lot of lash card mocking but I'm one of those people without steady hands & I ALWAYS get mascara under my eye or on my lid. So this may be genius for me. I'm so new idk if I got good bang for my buck but I played around a lot until I got the colors I wanted to line up. The travel bottle was for sure my meh item.

Latest posts

Back