Edgy, Evening.. Concert Makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Folks!

I went to a rock concert with my husband the other day... and felt really out of place. Last time we went to a Radio Head concert I felt the same way and needless to say went the next day and bought new clothes!

Anyway, does anyone have any ideas for makeup ideas, edgy, rocker? What would YOU wear to a concert? Any inspiration photos you could link me too?

I have lots of makeup and wouldn't mind buying new things.. LOL

I recently bought the stila countless color pigment in light show (green shadows). I thought I would try something edgy with it. 

Thanks !!

Aww, what makes you feel out of place? As long as you're comfortable, I say who cares! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I typically wear shorts and a tank since I'm in the pit area a majority of the time and I get hot and sweaty within the first song LOL.  For makeup, I just keep it simple with winged liner and chapstick since I'm a sweaty mess by the time a show ends.

You can do an awesome smokey eye with the dark shadows of that pigment, or a fun double liner look with the brighter shades! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Edgy rocker make up? Cant go wrong with eyeliner....lots of eyeliner, but since it is a show, you will probably be sweating a lot. I use waterproof eyeliner and mascara in these cases. When It comes to shows, I usually focus a lot on my eyes and less on my face, because I usually break out with the foundation and sweat. Last time I went to warped tour, all I did was darken my eyebrows, eyeliner and mascara, plus fake lashes, they help a lot with the sun lol =)

I always wear black skinnies, combat boots, and a band tee or black shirt of some sort for the concerts I go to, but keep in mind that I listen to metal, metal, and more metal so my outfits are probably darker/heavier than what you have in mind lol. My motto is that if it's black, has studs/spikes, and is ripped/distressed, it belongs in my wardrobe.

For the gigs I attend, I basically just do dark eyeshadow + black eyeliner + a dark lip like in the pic below. (This is pretty much my default everyday look though, minus the dark lip and a little bit less of the liner/shadow).

it really depends on the concert but i have green eyes so i wear a lot of purple eye makeup. i choose brighter, bolder colors and as noted by beautymariae91 above: EYELINER. lots of eyeliner.

honestly, i say rock out however you are comfortable. that's what a concert is supposed to be.

Originally Posted by norther /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I always wear black skinnies, combat boots, and a band tee or black shirt of some sort for the concerts I go to, but keep in mind that I listen to metal, metal, and more metal so my outfits are probably darker/heavier than what you have in mind lol. My motto is that if it's black, has studs/spikes, and is ripped/distressed, it belongs in my wardrobe.

For the gigs I attend, I basically just do dark eyeshadow + black eyeliner + a dark lip like in the pic below. (This is pretty much my default everyday look though, minus the dark lip and a little bit less of the liner/shadow).

Love your look! Perfect!

hahaha Got it! Eyeliner and LOTS of it. I will be doing top lid, bottom with liquid liner and kohl liner on the water line (top and bottom)!!

Definitely will throw some fake lashes on as well. Maybe do a bright lip like Nars Yu.

As for outfit, I'm thinking summer dress or skirt with lots of jewelry??

My husband is a classical pianist, even though we love rock.. many of the concerts we both attend are classical tux/black tie events.

Thanks for the help. Keep the outfit/makeup tips coming.

Latest posts

Back