What's the difference in working at a mac store rather than a mac counter?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I've been wanting to work at mac for the longest. Today I decided to take my resume to the mac store. The manager told me its a little more hard to get hired if you don't have cosmetics retail experience. I don't have any retail experience, will I be better off applying at the mac counter at Nordstrom or is it really the same thing? I heard its a bit easier at a mac counter. Has anyone worked at a mac counter? What do they expect their?

MAC stores carry Pro product lines that the MAC counters don't. Hence the cosmetic side of the "retail experience" is a big plus. Typically MAC stores hire from within, whereas the counters hire from outside. Generally, any retail sales experience is an asset at a counter, (such as cars, appliances, furniture, tools, clothing, shoes, food, A/V, etc), Counter Managers will look at that first. Cosmetic experience second. If you have both with a proven sales record, then you have a better chance of a second interview.

Back