Circular Swap Round 4: Intro1

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
State
List
Order
Mariahk83 VA Intro1 2 jannie135 VA Intro1 3 katlyne GA Intro1 4 Nikkimouse FL Intro1 5 sheeeeeelby MA Intro1 6 klg534 SC Intro1 1-Box starter
For questions and logistics, PM tgooberbutt.

Sooo I have some questions:

How many samples are we putting in? Like 6? 12? 18? LoL

Is there a rule like if you take one you leave one? (Or can we add more? lol)

Are we including a manifest? (A list of items included and taken)

Do we want to list on this forum maybe a wish list? 

And are we cycling through just once? 

Can we also make sure to list if a product is new/swatched/lightly used and sanitized?

Maybe this is too many questions lol

Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sooo I have some questions:

How many samples are we putting in? Like 6? 12? 18? LoL

Is there a rule like if you take one you leave one? (Or can we add more? lol)

Are we including a manifest? (A list of items included and taken)

Do we want to list on this forum maybe a wish list? 

And are we cycling through just once? 

Can we also make sure to list if a product is new/swatched/lightly used and sanitized?

Maybe this is too many questions lol
I am going to try to answer from what I think/feel. 

1. I will start the box with at least 20 items, more than half full sized. (I am still going through the piles haha!) 

2. i think its fair to take and leave in a good order, however if you take 5 and leave 4 or vice versa i think its about what others have extra of, and others may want to try.

3. I think in the past they take a picture of the box when it arrives, and then a picture of what was taken, and a picture of what was added to the box. This way its visual, and easier than listing things out 

4. a wishlist is a great idea., what kind of items do people want to see in the box!?

5.  lets see how round 1 goes, then decide to recycle ( i am ALL for doing it a few times, but again lets see what happens) 

6. YES! I will put a post it note on any products that are used. 

Originally Posted by klg534 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am going to try to answer from what I think/feel. 

1. I will start the box with at least 20 items, more than half full sized. (I am still going through the piles haha!) 

2. i think its fair to take and leave in a good order, however if you take 5 and leave 4 or vice versa i think its about what others have extra of, and others may want to try.

3. I think in the past they take a picture of the box when it arrives, and then a picture of what was taken, and a picture of what was added to the box. This way its visual, and easier than listing things out 

4. a wishlist is a great idea., what kind of items do people want to see in the box!?

5.  lets see how round 1 goes, then decide to recycle ( i am ALL for doing it a few times, but again lets see what happens) 

6. YES! I will put a post it note on any products that are used. 

I'm so excited!!!! I can't wait to go through my stash!!

I'm totally interested in doing a couple rounds as well~

::Wish List::

Eye shadows (cream or pressed)

Lip products

Cute hair accessories 

Eye liners

I got a ton of stuff to add and I can't wait!!!

Yup! In general - just be reasonable and fair in what you take and replace.

It's just fair and courteous to balance the give and take - so for example a don't take a full-sized item and leave a foil packet type of thing. It's okay if you like a lot of the items and take a lot, but just leave (replenish) an approximate equal value. And I guess some people also like to leave specific items specifically for certain members' wish list... I would just keep an eye out for those...

As far as rounds, we usually don't keep it going within the same group of people. The opportunities get nicely mixed when a new round is officially organized (for example, this is Round 4), as the groups change and thus so does the 'pool' of products. tgooberbutt had said that the starter would get the box last and keep it. But I can see that the starter would often still have some of those items when the next round is organized, so anything she won't use would go back into rotation, or she may make it available on her regular trade list. (I am not part of this particular group, so of course you all can decide amongst yourselves, just putting in a word from experience.)

Box is on its way tomorrow! How do i spoiler the pictures so anyone interested in a surprise can be surprised?! haha 

Spoiler Alert! 

Everything in the box! 

close up #1

close up #2

The box is already bulging. lol 

ENJOY! I hope this is a good mix of stuff, i tried to get lip, eye, body, face, etc but am not sure how good I was at mixing, and I know some of the stuff is more random! Hopefully everyone can find things they want to try! 

:) 

EEEKKKK So excited!!!!  I get to wait through a lot of pictures hoping for this or that!!!!  I can't wait!!!  and yay nail polish that seem to be my current weakness :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OH MY GOD

That is a lot more than I thought we would be seeing in the boxes lol!!!! 

Can't wait~~

I mailed it this morning. Its 7lbs!!!!!!!!! :) Thats partially packing for all the nail polish though! I hope it all arrives safe and sound! 

Got the box today!!!  I plan to ship back out tmw, possibly sat if i can't get to the post office before work!  I'll add pics as soon as my photo stream is done updating (I just got a new Mac)!  

ANNNND pics!  I'll be sending the box monday am, tgooberbutt said jannie135 is on vacation until monday!  

What was in the box...

What I took...

What I added!  Added some other foil packets right before I packaged up, so theres those too!

LOL! waiting is always the hardest part :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Tracking wise, the package should be getting to Janie135 soon :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

What's the color on that UD gloss by the way?

Originally Posted by mariahk83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i hear crickets.....!  pretty quiet here girls....!!!

Should be there tmw I think....I could drive it up there faster than the mail gets it there!  she's only about an hour-hour and a half from me depending on traffic!!

It's Naked - I got a sample with my Naked2 palette, I don't understand why anyone likes their glosses, they're so sticky to me!

I am so impatient. I feel like waiting for mail is one of the most tortuous things ever. :) but I love getting mail. 

Latest posts

Back