Very disappointed lately

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For the past four months I really didn't see anything that caught my eye no matter how many times I retook my profile survey (pretty much the same stuff was coming up) so in June I was craving a box forcing myself to select something. Well, the box took nearly 2 weeks to arrive which I'm not going to complain about. I sub to various boxes and by no means was this outrageous timing. When I opened the box however there were only 2 of my items and some lid looking thing that looked like it came off a super small lipstick. I emailed CS on Tuesday and no answer so far. Not looking good for them at all..

There has been some changes at Beauty Army, which I'm hoping they'll announce by Monday, however I'm not at liberty to say.

Am I disappointed by Beauty Army? Yes and no. I still would like to see the ability to exclude certain items or types of products because I either have tried those items in my selection window or don't care to because it's something I'd use. I've never made it a secret but I hate foils which is why I dropped Birchbox and in my window selection were lots of foils. Couple that with the error (which I'm thinking is a cookie related problem) on their site I've decided to skip my July box until the error is corrected.

Agreed, I hate foils also. Not long ago they offered full size products. I miss that. :-(

I have been getting them for about 6 months, the first few months were good and then they started not getting new stuff so most everything in the selection window is stuff I already have :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> iv skipped the last few months.

I have been with them over a year.. Seems like every now and then I skip two months and then there is good selection again. I have skipped the past four months and just canceled. I'll keep watching on here to see what people get, maybe it will pick up again!

I just wish they'd stop it with the Mark products! The only thing I dislike more is foils. I can't spit around here without hitting an Avon rep, so when I want Mark it's easily obtained. I almost skipped July because on day 1 the offerings included 2 empty containers!

I've been with them since February or March and I'm really happy with them. I've always gotten at least one full size product. Plus I've been introduced to a couple new brands. I do think that seems get a bit repeated, but I skipped 2 months and things were fine again :)

I hadn't taken my box in months until last month but it was almost entirely full sized items (not counting the empty travel bottle and iTrain giftcard) - I got the skinn cheek/lip/eye cream, the mark mascara in brown, the NY Streets dry shampoo, and one of the NV liners. 

But more often than not lately the selection has been really lacking in both content and the size of products. I've checked my options a couple times in the last week and nothing of interest really comes up. 

This is my first month so I don't have a comparison. I did get 2 full size lip glosses & I actually needed the empty bottle to put my cleanser in for a flight I have Monday. I don't think I would order another box this skimpy tho.

I've only ordered 1 box in the past 4-5 months.  I do still log in every few weeks to see the selection, but I've been disappointed for the most part.  I did like my last box (hair chalk, gel liner, iTrain gc, gel polish, Yes to Cucumber wipe, Mini Kittour jar), but I like to see at least 4-5 items I love before making a selection.

Hoping they step it up.  I do love being able to pick my samples!

I agree, this was yet ANOTHER bad month.Any suggestions on more good subs other than Ipsy? I tried BB like a year ago, not sure if its gotten better.

I agree, this was yet ANOTHER bad month.Any suggestions on more good subs other than Ipsy? I tried BB like a year ago, not sure if its gotten better.
I haven't logged in to beauty army lately, what a bummer that there still isn't anything good! I am pretty new to subs and haven't tried many yet. I love Ipsy but would cancel BirchBox in a heartbeat if it weren't for the points. I've only gotten 2 boxes but both were pretty awful. I can't see cancelling it tho because I love their shop & points system. BUT I also sub to the Blush mystery beauty box. I LOVE it!!!! It's by far my favorite. It's more pricey at 24.95 but it's well worth the money. You get many times over what you pay. I think it's great!

I cancelled after forgetting to skip last month and getting a box of items I didn't select. I was going to sign back up again on the 1st but so far, nothing has caught my interest. I love Beauty Army, I love being able to select my products but right now nothing is catching my eye.

I ordered my box a couple of days ago, and I liked the choices they had.  I selected a pod of hair oil, a good-sized sample spray bottle of Coolway hair blowout spray, a vial of marula face oil, a packet of self-tanner, a small bottle of bikini shaving oil, and a set of three hair ties.  There were no makeup, fragrance or nail items at the time, so I can see why a lot of people would not have liked the choices.  But, I'm happy with my picks and am looking forward to trying them out.

It looks like the Coolway is geared more towards people who do a lot of heat styling, flatirons etc. Too bad, because it looked promising. But turns out its not for me--I have a curly perm and little interest in high heat tools. If anyone is up for a trade please message me!

I totally forgot to choose my own samples. Thankfully it did not turn out as awful as I expected.

I'm getting the suede headwraps, a perfume sample, the coolway spray, makeup remover pads, a shea butter lotion, and a Brazen Cosmetics eyeshadow. That's probably what I'm least happy with since it's in Navy Blue with pink shimmer....I'll look like I have black eyes if I wear that!

I don't know that it's worth $12 though. I would have rather taken my $12 and gone to CVS or Walmart instead.

I have to admit that I have felt letdown with selections. I wound up cancelling about 2 months ago.  I like the concept, though have to admit that I actually like mystery samples instead of going in and picking something out.

Latest posts

Back