Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklegirl View Post

How do you sign up for the Nordstrom perks program? Does it have to be in store or can it be done online? Nordstrom is my favorite store for clothes and shoes so It would be great if I could do my beauty shopping there, but I like getting the point perks at sephora. If I could sign up for nordstroms perk program there would be no question which store to shop at!

At the moment it's only offered at participating stores (it's still in test phase): http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/beauty-rewards-faq

sephora is so convenient for me though! the mall where sephora is is connected to a train stop on the way from home-work! so dangerous. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by saku View Post

sephora is so convenient for me though! the mall where sephora is is connected to a train stop on the way from home-work! so dangerous. 

That does sound dangerous! I'm moving back to Chicago and I'll have easy access to 3-4 Sephoras in the area that I want to live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lioness90 View Post

At the moment it's only offered at participating stores (it's still in test phase): http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/beauty-rewards-faq

How cute! They call their points "beauty marks", too bad it's only offered in these stores: 

Cherry Creek Shopping Center, Christiana Mall, City Creek Center, Easton Town Center, Fashion Mall, Freehold Raceway Mall, International Plaza, Montclair Plaza, Oakbrook Center, Park Meadows, Roosevelt Field, Saint Louis Galleria, San Francisco Centre, Scottsdale Fashion Square, Spokane, The Mall at Green Hills, The Shops at Mission Viejo, Town Center at Boca Raton, Valley Fair and Waterside.

BUT I live with 15 minutes of Montclair so yea for me!

What do my Beauty Marks get me?

100 Beauty Marks = deluxe beauty reward          Wonder what these are???? Also although you can earn points online you can only redeem in store
500 Beauty Marks = premium beauty reward

Quote:
Originally Posted by lioness90 View Post

I gave up. At this point I rather buy my own Dior lippie in a shade that I would wear often.

No problem! I was shocked when she told that they would replace it at no charge. I'm not sure how often they do that for customers though.

That's how they roll! I don't want to give off the impression that they don't pack their items securely- everything comes in a large, sturdy box (sturdier than Sephora's, actually- it's reinforced with double cardboard in the front) and wrapped with recycled paper securely, but something similar happened to me. This was no fault of Nordstrom's- at the time, my UPS delivery driver was just the laziest SOB on the planet and I caught him once literally throwing a package over my gate before he eventually got fired, but I digress: I received a package where one of the items in my GWP had been crushed because the box had been crushed on one end (this is NOT easy to do and i do NOT understand how UPS thought they were going to get away with it!) I called just wanting that particular item in the GWP replaced/to let them know about the UPS problem, and not only did they send me an entirely NEW package of GWP items (it was 12 items total, deluxe samples) they offered to credit me for the perfume I purchased. The perfume was fine so I didn't want to take advantage of their generosity, but they basically offered me $130 in credit because I called over one deluxe sample being broken!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowerfish View Post

Hmm, I received the email for the NARS Illuminator. That was probably the last product from all the available codes I would want. Maybe they took brand preference in to consideration because I have shopped the NARS brand pretty consistently for the past couple of years.
I would have liked a Dior lipstick, but not in that red color... Not that I even had much if a chance since it was almost instantly sold out wink.gif

I don't think so. I got the Dior email and I only purchased two items from them this year- the Nail Glow and the Lip Glow. I've purchased a few Nars items- that One Night Stand palette and two other blushes, plus their eye primer,and concealer, off the top of my head. I do know I became Rouge about 3 times over. Before this year, though, I was only VIB and didn't buy a single Dior item, maybe one Nars blush.

Oh also, I have never, ever purchased a red lipstick that didn't come in a kit, so that wasn't it, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsailor View Post

I don't think so. I got the Dior email and I only purchased two items from them this year- the Nail Glow and the Lip Glow. I've purchased a few Nars items- that One Night Stand palette and two other blushes, plus their eye primer,and concealer, off the top of my head. I do know I became Rouge about 3 times over. Before this year, though, I was only VIB and didn't buy a single Dior item, maybe one Nars blush.

Oh also, I have never, ever purchased a red lipstick that didn't come in a kit, so that wasn't it, either.

I don't think so either.  I got the Caudalie code, and the only thing I've used from the brand is a cleansing water that was bought many months ago and a 500 point perk, vs. consistent brand loyalty to NARS (blush palette, 5 blushes, foundation, and concealer all purchased from Sephora within the last 3-6 months). I buy a lot more fragrance than skincare items, so I'm really confused by the whole code selection.  

I'm also confused that some people got their codes well before others, same thing happened with mailers for the VIB sale last year, people online were getting them about a week before me.  I know that Sephora can't bend the laws of physics and make everyone equidistant from where they are mailing and shipping, but sometimes I wonder if they have a "high priority" Rouge list....

It looks like several of these codes are still active, including the Cartier code and the NARS code.  I wish they had picked a more exciting fragrance brand for this perk...I never hear any buzz about Cartier fragrances.

I wonder if maybe they sent codes based in your browsing history. I've been looking at -- but not buying -- skin care lately because I'm almost out of cleansing oil, and I received the serum offer even though I usually buy bright makeup (Urban Decay liners are a *huge* weakness for me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

I wonder if maybe they sent codes based in your browsing history. I've been looking at -- but not buying -- skin care lately because I'm almost out of cleansing oil, and I received the serum offer even though I usually buy bright makeup (Urban Decay liners are a *huge* weakness for me).

That could be a possibility. I buy a ton of lipsticks, although as stated before, the only lip product from Dior was the Lip Glow, and never any red lipsticks. I do have a TON of lipsticks favorited, though. Of course, I also buy a ton of blushes and illuminizers and have those favorited too, so it's still weird I didn't get the Nars code.

I am actually a fragrance FIEND, but Sephora like all retailers mark up their perfumes SO BADLY that I only buy from Fragrancenet. 70 dollars for a 2.5 ounce bottle of perfume at Sephora vs 38 for a 5-OUNCE bottle- there's no question. Of course, they also mark up their makeup that much, but unfortunately there aren't sites like Fragrancenet that have every makeup item that Sephore does at a 65% discount. You can always try eBay, but a lot of the time the prices the same or WORSE, and if they're not, you could very well be purchasing a fake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsailor View Post

That could be a possibility. I buy a ton of lipsticks, although as stated before, the only lip product from Dior was the Lip Glow, and never any red lipsticks. I do have a TON of lipsticks favorited, though. Of course, I also buy a ton of blushes and illuminizers and have those favorited too, so it's still weird I didn't get the Nars code.

I am actually a fragrance FIEND, but Sephora like all retailers mark up their perfumes SO BADLY that I only buy from Fragrancenet. 70 dollars for a 2.5 ounce bottle of perfume at Sephora vs 38 for a 5-OUNCE bottle- there's no question. Of course, they also mark up their makeup that much, but unfortunately there aren't sites like Fragrancenet that have every makeup item that Sephore does at a 65% discount. You can always try eBay, but a lot of the time the prices the same or WORSE, and if they're not, you could very well be purchasing a fake.

Do you live near an outlet mall with a CCO?  They have really good deals on makeup, if you like Estee Lauder, Clinique, Smashbox, MAC, etc.  I was in one just after the holidays and they had TOM FORD!! I could barely contain my glee, Tom Ford lipsticks for $30 and nailpolish for $20...I hope they continue to stock higher end brands like that, but its not like fragrance sites and outlets where you can find such a wide selection, only a limited number of brands, and a lot of products from limited edition releases, but at least its something.  

I haven't received any emails since October and have contacted them so many times. I am so f-ing peeved about these special rouges codes. What's the point of being rouge if I'm not going to reap the benefits. I had to read online that the ambient blushes came out early :(.

My package with the dior lipstick came last night and I am so happy I got it. Its a little heavily perfumed, but its a gorgeous red and will be perfect for Valentines day. I dont' think I would've paid for it, especially not Dior prices, because of the scent, but for free I love it, and will use it at least a few times.

I haven't received any emails since October and have contacted them so many times. I am so f-ing peeved about these special rouges codes. What's the point of being rouge if I'm not going to reap the benefits. I had to read online that the ambient blushes came out early :(.
I have the same problem. I get a random email here and there but usually no codes or specials. Just to review purchases and the "you left something in your cart" emails. I have another account for my teenage daughter which I have only made 2 purchases on so she is a BI. That account gets more emails regarding specials and codes than my Rouge account. It's annoying because I check my email daily but I don't always have the time to come here to MUT daily to see what's going on. I wish they would fix a few of their flaws. I also love buying beauty products from Nordstrons but Sephoras codes and point perks keep me buying most of my items from Sephora. That may change next year when my Rouge expires and I no longer have free shipping. I see no reason to try for Rouge again, and I don't live near either store, so Nordstroms free shipping will probably lure me over to shopping there. I hate paying for shipping.

How sad....Not one post in 4 weeks, come on sephora throw us a perk!!!

• Like 1

oops posted on the wrong thread 

code: VIBLUXE for 3 mini luxuries

1. Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15 deluxe sample / Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15 deluxe sample

2. Marc Jacobs Beauty Lash Lifter - Gel Definition Mascara deluxe sample / Lash Lifter - Gel Definition Mascara deluxe sample

3. Givenchy Le Rouge deluxe sample in 202 Rose Dressing / Le Rouge deluxe sample in 202 Rose Dressing

HERE'S TO ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL YEAR | Congratulations, you've renewed your VIB Rouge status for another year. As one of our best clients, the most extraordinary benefits are yours for the taking. Enjoy the view from the top! | LEARN MORE Anyone else get this??? I haven't spent that much this year. I'm making multiple VIB accounts now....

HERE'S TO ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL YEAR | Congratulations, you've renewed your VIB Rouge status for another year. As one of our best clients, the most extraordinary benefits are yours for the taking. Enjoy the view from the top! | LEARN MORE Anyone else get this??? I haven't spent that much this year. I'm making multiple VIB accounts now....
I did get this and was like I know I haven't spent that much this year! Wondering why we got this??!!??

Just for the record, I didn't get one so they aren't going out to everyone. I've spent probably $250ish so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwind10 View Post

I am already one and didn't get one. So they are going to people who are not already VIB rouge. Welcome!

No I've been rouge for months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwind10 View Post

Whoops! Sorry! I didn't know. I take it back!

Thank you for the welcome ;) though! I saw 3 other gals who got the same email on the Sephora thread, must be a glitch because my account shows I have a lot to spend to get another year of rouge.

*although I'd love to get free shipping in 2015 too!

I'm usually a lurker but I registered today because I'm just frustrated. I'm not receiving any emails from sephora since hitting rouge and I feel like I've missed out on so much :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicki View Post

I'm usually a lurker but I registered today because I'm just frustrated. I'm not receiving any emails from sephora since hitting rouge and I feel like I've missed out on so much frown.gif

Yeah that sounds bout right. I find out most of my Rouge info here and often it's in the regular Sephora thread. I feel your frustration and I won't be going for rouge again, but will have multi vib accounts, most of our rouge perk promos work for the vibs so.....

ONLINE ONLY: Powered by nature. Proven by science. Meet Origins' powerful solutions to unclog pores, de-puff eyes, and smooth skin. Enjoy this DELUXE SAMPLE TRIO, which features 3 bestsellers for instantly improved skin. VIB Rouge members get to try this first. SHOP NOW Free for VIB Rouge. Use code ROUGETRIO* 2-r.jpgCode is rougetrio (sorry I can't seem to get the whole photo) Sizes are .5oz Modern friction, .17oz GinZing and 1oz for the mask

*$35 purchase required

• Like 1