Sign in to follow this  
r4chel77

Julep: August 2013 (Spoilers)

Originally Posted by Alicia Loves View Post

8 days til the selection window opens! I hope I like the whole collection it's been awhile since it enticed me! I'm so impatient  icon_cheesygrin.gif

CAN NOT WAIT! Customer service told one of us that since August is their anniversary, it would be a good month .... I need to remember to leave enough money in my account to cover multiple charges ... hehehe!

Enjoy your box. It looks like a ton of fun. Is there anyway you could say which colors you got. I'd love to know that. Have a great weekend
I received Kyla and Monica, the two new glitter polish, very pretty... Amber- matte suede finish, Emmanuelle, Nicolette, Felicity and Raegan All of the colors are really lovely. They are sophisticated but are still fun colors to wear.

Thanks for letting me know about the colors in your box. I already have a Emanuelle but I think I would've loved the glitters and maybe some of the others. I have to save up money for next time. Enjoy them happy birthday Jac13

The new glitters are sooo pretty! Trying hard to resist.

So excited to see what this month's colors look like. August is Julep's anniversary month, right?

Originally Posted by Jac13 View Post

Time is flying by

It's Monday morning ... can hardly wait until Saturday! Julep has a great marketing technique ... makes it so much fun for addicts like us, Jac13!!!

Freak accident last night .... just had new manicure dry and was doing some organizing and updating of my Julep box. I still had about three or four colors without Swatch Me stickers. So I put the stickers on and started swatching. I got to Drew, a hot rose pink, and I must have pulled the cap and twisted at the same time .... the glass bottle broke off square at the top of glass and hot pink polish went all over my shirt and one of my newly-manicured nails. No more Drew ... and the perfect manicure for today ruined .... no time to redo it before doctor's appt. at 9am! Be careful taking caps off, ladies!

Maybe the colours (Kyla & Monica) will be add on's during the August box's selection window or available in the secret store? 

A girl can hope right? *wishful thinking!*

Originally Posted by foxyroxy-26 View Post

Maybe the colours (Kyla & Monica) will be add on's during the August box's selection window or available in the secret store? 

A girl can hope right? *wishful thinking!*

I know I'm hoping for the same thing. smilehappyyes.gif

Originally Posted by angismith View Post

Freak accident last night .... just had new manicure dry and was doing some organizing and updating of my Julep box. I still had about three or four colors without Swatch Me stickers. So I put the stickers on and started swatching. I got to Drew, a hot rose pink, and I must have pulled the cap and twisted at the same time .... the glass bottle broke off square at the top of glass and hot pink polish went all over my shirt and one of my newly-manicured nails. No more Drew ... and the perfect manicure for today ruined .... no time to redo it before doctor's appt. at 9am! Be careful taking caps off, ladies!

Wow, that is a freak accident!  I have made the mistake of thinking my base coat bottle was actually the cuticle oil.  I took the top off and turned it upside down to apply, only to pour it on myself. 

Originally Posted by foxyroxy-26 View Post

They should at least release the product details to ease all our anxiety a bit. It can be a deciding factor for a lot of ladies.

that actually is a good idea since we could know shade names/details but not see them.  it would be fun, even if they only released one a day for a couple days beforehand.

also, i really don't like the mystery maven in comparison to the gold boxes. it's totally fine for them to do whatever but that was a lot more exciting. that could happen to any of us and would happen to most people over the course of a few years with julep whereas i don't even look at the mystery maven prize since they have what, nearly 20,000 mavens? the slim chances just make it not that fun. even with the march collection, where they were giving more gold boxes but only half the collection instead of the full one, it was a lot more exciting. plus, i don't understand it from a marketing standpoint when higher chances of winning would probably make more people take their boxes each month. one person getting a prize each month, no matter how huge, creates no incentive... right? anyways, not complaining as it's still awesome that they do it; i just would love for them to put out the gold boxes. looking forward to the random freebie each month is more exciting to me than the mystery maven prize.

Originally Posted by r4chel77 View Post

that actually is a good idea since we could know shade names/details but not see them.  it would be fun, even if they only released one a day for a couple days beforehand.

also, i really don't like the mystery maven in comparison to the gold boxes. it's totally fine for them to do whatever but that was a lot more exciting. that could happen to any of us and would happen to most people over the course of a few years with julep whereas i don't even look at the mystery maven prize since they have what, nearly 20,000 mavens? the slim chances just make it not that fun. even with the march collection, where they were giving more gold boxes but only half the collection instead of the full one, it was a lot more exciting. plus, i don't understand it from a marketing standpoint when higher chances of winning would probably make more people take their boxes each month. one person getting a prize each month, no matter how huge, creates no incentive... right? anyways, not complaining as it's still awesome that they do it; i just would love for them to put out the gold boxes. looking forward to the random freebie each month is more exciting to me than the mystery maven prize.

I agree with this.  Ever since they stopped doing the golden boxes, if I am on the fence with the colors I just skip since I know there's basically zero chance of winning the 1 grand prize.  Before that, I always thought 'hey, at least I might get a golden box' and I would go for it.  Of course, if the colors were awesome it wouldnt really matter either way, but the last few months I feel like they were just ok and a shot at and extra incentive would've probably pushed me to take my box.  Plus, I know most people really like the mystery maven goodies, but imo I havent really seen anything in those that was my style or that I would really like even if I somehow did win.  I wish they would do they do the golden boxes again, even if they reduced it to 25 boxes or something because it was always really fun to see the posts of them on Facebook.

This is off topic, but I wish the names were something other than female names.  There's zero chance of me remembering the color I put on was Debra...

• Like 1

I'm glad they did away with the Golden Maven boxes because they didn't offer upgrades for the whole collections when they were doing them. They may have sent more of them out than the Mystery Maven boxes, but I never received one, and it would have ended up costing me a whole lot more than fifty bucks to get everything I wanted. It may not be as exciting, but given my virtually nonexistent luck in winning things, I prefer the upgrade option and Mystery Maven program.

Yikes! You should email them about that. They'll probably send you a new one and hopefully work on any flaws in their design. Those skinny bottles are always getting knocked over by me because of their weight distribution and I always worry I'll end up cracking one.

Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

I'm glad they did away with the Golden Maven boxes because they didn't offer upgrades for the whole collections when they were doing them. They may have sent more of them out than the Mystery Maven boxes, but I never received one, and it would have ended up costing me a whole lot more than fifty bucks to get everything I wanted. It may not be as exciting, but given my virtually nonexistent luck in winning things, I prefer the upgrade option and Mystery Maven program.

even still, i'd rather see that ten to one hundred mavens win a small luxurious prize than one person get something huge. even if the golden box wasn't the upgrade but was a small pair of diamond studs or a gift card for ice cream, it would be much better imo.

Is that mobile code not working for others or is it just me?
How do you get a mobile code? And would you mind sharing it?

You should email them. Sometimes glass bottles are defective. I know it happens across brands, and even drugstores will replace them!

Originally Posted by kellerman83 View Post

This is off topic, but I wish the names were something other than female names.  There's zero chance of me remembering the color I put on was Debra...

I agree. It is so hard to remember the names. But I am starting to after my second month of having a Maven window open to review before you get your box. And talking on here helps too.