Julep: August 2013 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I can hardly believe it's just thirteen days til they release the next collection. anyone excited? i know i'm crazy for saying it but i'm really anxious for fall as it's my favorite season. bring on the rich browns, reds, oranges and rustic yellows. i doubt the august box will contain these shades and i might skip since i've already got a bunch of summery colors (not that i believe one has to dress/polish accordingly, but my mood and taste changes with the seasons, and often before they end). anyways, it's bound to be an amazing collection since may and july have been stunning and it's their 2nd anniversary. 

Me excited too for new Collection. Besides, I also would like to have their Sea Salt Texture Spray.

I love fall colors too. Not that I get much fall living in Florida. I still love the colors. I'm excited too. I'm also interested in getting their texture spray.

Originally Posted by r4chel77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can hardly believe it's just thirteen days til they release the next collection. anyone excited? i know i'm crazy for saying it but i'm really anxious for fall as it's my favorite season. bring on the rich browns, reds, oranges and rustic yellows. i doubt the august box will contain these shades and i might skip since i've already got a bunch of summery colors (not that i believe one has to dress/polish accordingly, but my mood and taste changes with the seasons, and often before they end). anyways, it's bound to be an amazing collection since may and july have been stunning and it's their 2nd anniversary. 
I, too, like to change my colors with the seasons, r4chel77. So, I'm hoping since August is still a summer month, it will have a theme something like the "Dog Days of Summer" and be more of a transitional theme before coming out in September with Fall colors and themes.

I'm definitely excited for the August Maven boxes too. I would love to see more textured polishes. 
smilehappyyes.gif

Originally Posted by LuckyMoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm definitely excited for the August Maven boxes too. I would love to see more textured polishes. 
smilehappyyes.gif
Yes, August would be perfect to expand the textured polishes line! 

The mystery boxes are up!! Is anyone buying? I am getting the evening box as a birthday gift to myself

I have 68 Juleps. I always get at least one dupe every time I get a box. I think I will pass this one up.

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anybody remember how many Jules it is to upgrade to a full box?
Still a newbie at being a Maven. Does this question mean that I might be able to use my Jules to get the Mystery Box/Boxes?

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anybody remember how many Jules it is to upgrade to a full box?
5500 for upgrades, 2000 for a regular box. 

Still a newbie at being a Maven. Does this question mean that I might be able to use my Jules to get the Mystery Box/Boxes?
Nope, an upgrade is basically everything from each of the monthly boxes, and you can opt for it instead of your regular monthly Bombshell/It Girl/etc. subscription box for an additional $30-ish on top of the usual $20-ish monthly cost -- or 5500 points. Mystery boxes are completely separate from subs.

Guess what?!! I just got my tracking number for the mystery box. I wasn't expecting it to come so fast.

Originally Posted by foxyroxy-26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes Julep has done holos. In their Feb box. Ginger and Rebel.
I'll have to check them out ... did they go over well?

Latest posts

Back