Sign in to follow this  
r4chel77

Julep: August 2013 (Spoilers)

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie View Post

That's.....it?......is it just me or does this seem a bit blah? wassatt.gif

Cookie, this was first thing I checked on in my inbox this morning and I felt ... blah, too ... I visit their site enough to know the new site was up and the sale just doesn't seem that great. I think I am spoiled by the Secret Store prices.

Originally Posted by r4chel77 View Post

everyone is underwhelmed if this is it.... i will officially think julep is a big clueless, as much as i love them.

I think we are getting spoiled by the transparency of another nail polish company ........

Originally Posted by Lolo22 View Post

Too bad there's nothing new or interesting to spend money on! Might be a good deal on old maven boxes though.

Sales are fun and all but I don't want a deal from Julep, I want them to dazzle me!

EXACTLY, LOLO! DAZZLE US, JULEP!

i.....couldn't help myself! 9 polishes add up to just over $100, then there's a $40 deduction for the sale, and then that is cut in half...four of these are dupes (angelina, esmeralda, adele) but i really love them and almost avoid using them because of that.

Smart shopping, Rachel! What promo code did you use to get that big of a discount?

Originally Posted by angismith View Post

Smart shopping, Rachel! What promo code did you use to get that big of a discount?

She said above she used the beautybio code.  Its not working for me for some reason, My total comes out to $50 when I do the same thing, they may have caught it. 

Originally Posted by LinaMingo View Post

Best bang for you buck, I did the same thing but I am stocking up on darker/fall colors.  :)

LinaMingo, I couldn't tell the colors you got, but I would be looking at fall colors too if I had the money!

Alrighty, y'all! I grabbed myself 10 polishes for $36 (using beautybio). This makes me feel SOOO much better about skipping on the picnic mystery box. I got: Harley, Zelda, Etta, Karen, Scarlett, Esmerelda, Angelina, Zoe, Julia, & Sharon. Thank you, again, Rachel for the suggestions. I loved checking out your curated lists. Julep REALLY needs to hire you to do their sets! :)

Originally Posted by LinaMingo View Post

I only bought polishes and I used the beautybio promo

Self-control, Rachel! LOL! I used the beautybio promo as soon as I got it!!!

Originally Posted by jessicalriley View Post

Alrighty, y'all! I grabbed myself 10 polishes for $36 (using beautybio). This makes me feel SOOO much better about skipping on the picnic mystery box. I got:

Harley, Zelda, Etta, Karen, Scarlett, Esmerelda, Angelina, Zoe, Julia, & Sharon.

Thank you, again, Rachel for the suggestions. I loved checking out your curated lists. Julep REALLY needs to hire you to do their sets! smile.gif

GREAT DEAL, Jessica! For those of you who can't get the beautybio code to work, it only works once. If you have already used it, it won't work again.

Originally Posted by angismith View Post

GREAT DEAL, Jessica! For those of you who can't get the beautybio code to work, it only works once. If you have already used it, it won't work again.

I've never used it.   My total comes to $101.46 after the beauty bio code it comes to $43.42

*I forgot to say its all polishes

Edit: figured it out, I had some $7.99 polishes in there and they were messing everything up!  Got rid of em and now I can get it to $30.36.  Still trying to decide if I should hit the place order button doze.gif

apparently there were glitches. my friend got the champagne trio and seven polishes for $15. i saw similar reports of $16 and $21 orders for over $100 worth of merch. not sure but they definitely fixed that.

it seems you can only combine the beauty bio or sms codes when you have over $100 in your cart. i tried it again and it's still working.

also, jessica, i LOVE making up sets! just for fun. i often do a few colors on each hand and love picking a set of shades to use.

apparently there were glitches. my friend got the champagne trio and seven polishes for $15. i saw similar reports of $16 and $21 orders for over $100 worth of merch. not sure but they definitely fixed that.

it seems you can only combine the beauty bio or sms codes when you have over $100 in your cart. i tried it again and it's still working.

also, jessica, i LOVE making up sets! just for fun. i often do a few colors on each hand and love picking a set of shades to use.

I just found a blog called The Polish Jinx which has a ton of Julep polishes shown from her collection if you want to look it up and check out some of the older colors.

http://polishjinx.blogspot.com/

Just type Julep in the search box and all her posts re: Julep will show up.

I did the same thing you guys did yesterday, 9 polishes for $30. I wonder if julep is trying to clear out their inventory? I really wish they would double their bottle size. They're basically the size of a mini polish. I also have colors that I avoid using cause I don't want to run out and I love them too much. Plus julep colors discontinue a lot. I thought the sale was a big deal if you still had a code to use. I had some polishes in my cart that I actually tried to check out a few days ago but it kept saying something was wrong with my address. I was just going onto the site to try again when I noticed the $50 order I tried to checkout the day before was $25 in my cart. I figured out I just needed to manually reenter my address, added more polishes, and checked my polishes out. I'm so glad I couldn't figure out the problem a few day ago or I would have spent double!

Yep, I got the champaign trio + 7 polishes in my cart for $33. I have waaaay too many polishes right now (20 unopened juleps at least ;__;) and I just placed an order for the S!OPI closeout. (Though if I'd gotten the glitch and managed to get it for $15, I would've pulled the trigger u____u)

i.....couldn't help myself! 9 polishes add up to just over $100, then there's a $40 deduction for the sale, and then that is cut in half...four of these are dupes (angelina, esmeralda, adele) but i really love them and almost avoid using them because of that.

Nice haul!

LinaMingo, I couldn't tell the colors you got, but I would be looking at fall colors too if I had the money!
I ordered Hilary, Lucy, Coco, Olivia, Vera, Brandt, Brit, Caroline, and Kim.

good hauls, everyone! 

i don't know how new some of you are, but i started my love affair with julep last december. i just wanted to give people the heads up to quit the mystery boxes and start saving for these lol; they do a ton of great sets in the winter.700

above: this is the one i got: julia, ellie, demi, gayle, vivien.. it was $34 at sephora.

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

i know it's far away but clearly they put out amazing stuff in the fall/winter.

Ooo

good hauls, everyone!  i don't know how new some of you are, but i started my love affair with julep last december. i just wanted to give people the heads up to quit the mystery boxes and start saving for these lol; they do a ton of great sets in the winter.LL above: this is the one i got: julia, ellie, demi, gayle, vivien.. it was $34 at sephora. CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90 LL i know it's far away but clearly they put out amazing stuff in the fall/winter.
Oooh those r purty.

good hauls, everyone! 

i don't know how new some of you are, but i started my love affair with julep last december. i just wanted to give people the heads up to quit the mystery boxes and start saving for these lol; they do a ton of great sets in the winter.700

above: this is the one i got: julia, ellie, demi, gayle, vivien.. it was $34 at sephora.

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

i know it's far away but clearly they put out amazing stuff in the fall/winter.

I figured they did ... for some reason, nail polish seems to come to life more so when autumn and winter arrive.

Oooooo, those winter sets are gorgeous! Me likey. biggrin.gif

Ok, so I was trying to be good with the sale- I only got a backup of Paris, then Glenn, the lip luster set (I really like julep's glosses! the zinna gloss I got from the last sale is really nice- beautiful color), plus the hand model set (now that's marked down to a more rational 25 and not 40 + the discount, so yay I have a travel size rock star now!!), and that's all... - so it averages to be like 5.20 an item- that's totally reasonable.  Hoping to save money for September & winter sales!  (& please please please let Evie be in the secret store and/or an add-on!!!)

speaking of DL, someone over in the ipsy thread just posted that the Deborah Lippmann nail polish Trueblood collection is on sale on hautelook right now- and there's a lipstick (& perfume!!!) too! 

my poor poor poor wallet!  scream3.gif

Hi Ladies! Welcome to all of our new members! It seems that some of you have been busy buying up polishes,lol. I resisted only because I really didn't have time nor could I have made time. Which is very good because I did some major damage with Julep this month. I was pleased with my mystery box. I didn't receive any dupes and I got the Paris lipstick duo. I think I got version 2, 5 polishes and the lipstick. I was really looking for more of a wow factor and this was not it. I am curious to see what products will be offered for September. I have plenty of polish now. Julep please impress me or I am afraid I will have to skip.