deep conditioners for damaged hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
is there any good homemade or store bought conditioning treatments for bleached damaged hair that in your expierence works?? my hair is so dry and horrible I've literally tried everything (mayonaise, egg yolk, coconut oil, redken, keratin treatments.. etc.) I dont use any heat tools.. is there anything that helped you get your hair silky and managable again? anything would be much appreciated.. also do you guys know of any cute no heat hairstyles for shoulder length hair? I have a job interview tommorow and seriously want to straighten my hair but its already damaged as it is.. my hair is naturally straight/wavy at the ends if that helps.. thanks x

I think you should clarify first with a clarifying shampoo like Terax Latte Clarifying Shampoo to get rid of any build up. Then, apply a protein Reconstructor such as Bumble & Bumble Deeep Masque to towel dried hair. Leave it on underneath a shower cap for twenty minutes. Rinse and towel dry your hair again and then slather your hair from root to tip with Terax Crema Ultra Moisturizing Daily Conditioner and put on a shower cap and warm or hot towel. Leave it on for an hour or two before rinsing in cool water. Apply a creamy leave in conditioner like Bumble & Bumble Leave In Conditioner to damp towel dried hair. Put your hair into braids or leave it out to air dry. Use absolutely NO heat. You can get all of these products at SleekHair.com .

You should try the Davines Nounou Pak! Hands down the most amazing deep conditioning treatment and its amazing for color treated hair and its even more amazing for blondes. ! I would leave it in your hair for around 10-15 minutes and allow it to penetrate deep into your hair and rinse! 

Its amazing! 

As far as the coconut oil goes, did you use organic extra virgin coconut oil? I originally purchased a hydrogenated tub because it was cheaper. I didn't see any results after multiple treatments. When I switched to the organic extra virgin, it worked like magic! I'm also a fan of argon oil, but it is expensive.

I've never tried it, but my friends love beer rinses. The malt in beer is apparently really good for dry hair.

I am going to try the bumble and bumble masque and the bumble & bumble leave in conditioner.. never herd of the products so its worth a try thank you! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hello,

Redken Real Control Conditioner "will give you undeniably shiny and smooth results" as well as make your hair "noticeably softer and less frizzy." It also "gives tons of protein and softness to dry sensitized hair."

Ive been using the redken intensive treatment for some time now. Its very effective and Ive only cut my hair minimally for a trim every three months or so. A hairstylist told me to use it and Ive been hooked for anyear or so.

The absolute best conditioner I have ever used is the conditioner included in the Revlon Colorsilk kits.  They used to sale this seperately but for some reason it was discontinued.  The conditioner in the kit comes in a little packette which is enough for about three applications on medium length hair.  The Colorsilk kits are only $2.99 at Wal-Mart so I buy a few just for the packettes.  My hair isn't that long so I get quite a few uses out of each one.  What I do is rub a dime sized amount of conditioner into my shampooed and towel dried hair, cover with a plastic cap, and process with low heat for 15 minutes under my hood dryer.  The result is silky, uber soft, and shiny hair.  This advice is coming from someone with coarse, naturally curly, and dry hair.  The only gripe I have with this conditioner is that it has this outdated "old lady" floral scent. 

I completely understand how challenging damaged hair can be. Not only does it feel horrible to the touch, it is extremely challenging to find a conditioner that is able to help solve the problem. I found a solution that worked great for me. I went on a search to find a solution, as well, and came across a little recipe that works great for me. I mix two teaspoons of baking soda with one cup of apple cider vinegar. This creates a little mixture that I find makes my hair super soft and smooth. All I do is rub it into my hair and let it sit for a few minutes two or three times a week. You would be amazed at the results it can create.

I really like L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Damaging Erasing Balm (one of those in-shower conditioners that comes in a jar). I've found it to be more effective than a lot of much more expensive conditioners. As a leave-in, I actually rub about a 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil between my hands and rake it through my hair after blowdrying, before I use the curling iron on it. It never looks greasy at all, but my hair is super-dry from 15 years of highlighting and 20+ years of daily heat-styling. As another in-shower treatment, I recommend Aphogee Intensive Two-Minute Keratin Reconstructor (available online and at Sally Beauty Supply). That makes a noticeable difference in softness and smells like coconut :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back