MUT Meetup - Chicagoland and surrounding area!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone -  the ladies on the IPSY thread suggested putting together a meetup. I've done this with other online groups and would be happy to volunteer to help coordinate.    What's worked before, was meeting first for a meal or drinks, so everyone gets to chat and gets over that uncomfortable hey I don't know you:) and then spreading out for group activities.  

Perhaps a jaunt to makeup mecca on Armitage?  (Kryolan, MAC, Aroma Workshop, Lush, Sephora a short cab ride away).  

We could potentially get a group room at Grand Lux on Michigan, (I suggest it only because they have a pretty good menu for a chain and can accommodate very large groups) but would be happy to suggest something more intimate depending on the numbers.  

I'm out at the end of August, so my suggestion would be September, since it's usually nice weather.  If it works we could get together at the holidays  for shopping for those who are interested. 

Other suggestions or volunteers to help? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yay!

If someone is around St. Joseph, MI area and plans to go to this meetup, I would love to tag along.

Splitting the gas bill will make this long trip a lot cheaper ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sounds like fun! I live downtown, but work in Glenview, so I send all my boxes to work. I can help out too if you need anything. September sounds perfect. Maybe we can put together a group exchange or swap. Count me in!

Originally Posted by wurly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sounds like fun! I live downtown, but work in Glenview, so I send all my boxes to work. I can help out too if you need anything. September sounds perfect. Maybe we can put together a group exchange or swap. Count me in!
Love that idea, I have a ton of box stuff I could exchange:)

September would be great for me! However, as a college football fan, I would like to suggest not doing a Saturday meetup if at all possible. Love the idea of the makeup mecca visit + drinks/food at Grand Lux!

This sounds like a great idea!

I know some of the salons will set up classes on blowouts/hot tools/whatever skill you're looking to improve. We're been looking to schedule one at Red 7 in the Loop. 25$/person, beer and wine while the class goes on. It's a 2 hour class and they assign one instructor per two students and at the end the 25$ fee becomes a store credit towards product. They also ask you to bring your own tools so you learn how to use what you have, not what the salon has.

I also second the Kryolan visit, I keep meaning to go there.

Hi all,

I just saw on the Sephora website that they have little classes free at certain stores. One is the Northbridge store which is just a few blocks away from Grand Lux, also Water Tower Place which is a few blocks in the other direction. 

Do we have a tentative date or dates yet for this meetup? I have a prior commitment on Saturday September 7. Sorry to be all OCD but my calendar gets booked up for weekends ahead of time, so it would really help me out to get this scheduled. 

Thanks!

Originally Posted by wurly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi all,

I just saw on the Sephora website that they have little classes free at certain stores. One is the Northbridge store which is just a few blocks away from Grand Lux, also Water Tower Place which is a few blocks in the other direction. 

Do we have a tentative date or dates yet for this meetup? I have a prior commitment on Saturday September 7. Sorry to be all OCD but my calendar gets booked up for weekends ahead of time, so it would really help me out to get this scheduled. 

Thanks!
Yep - I wanted to make sure I had enough votes and folks to get the ball rolling, but I think we now have a critical mass. I'll put some tentative dates out there tomorrow after I check my calendar, too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi Guys! Sorry it's been a little quiet on the organizational front - we leave for vacation (to Alaska, woo hoo) in two days and I've been crazy busy at work.   So I'm contemplating September 29th as a potential date for meeting up. I talked to the folks at the Sephora on Michigan Ave (Watertower) and they should have some sort of class in the works for that morning. The schedule hasn't been published yet, but once it has, I thought a potential agenda could look like this:

10:00  - Meet at Sephora Water Tower for make-up class (free but requires pre-registration, includes 10% discount, class is before store opens)

Shop after class

Noon 1:30- Lunch at Grand Lux, sample swap

1:30-Whenever, grab a cab to Armitage and hit Mac Pro, Kryolan, Lush, Aroma Workshop. 

Thoughts? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

*edited to correct the date*

Hi Everyone who is meeting up in Chicago - Despite their promises, Sephora is NOT running a Sunday morning class on the 29th.  So, thoughts? Want to just meetup later at Sephora, then go for lunch and more shopping? 

I can't make it. I have to go to my friend's baby's first birthday party at Pinstripes. I'll be thinking of the fun stuff you'll be doing!

Latest posts

Back