Sign in to follow this  
Alero Esse

Illuminate in Opal "How To DIY Bridal Lace Blouse Top Tutorial"

I decided to postpone this post until now for various reasons and one of them being the weather. Although lace is one of those delicate fabrics often used for special occasions, i decided to show how a wedding vest can be transformed and worn differently using lace and tulle. In fact lace and tulle can look casual/cool when mixed to match with everyday essentials being jeans, skirts, jackets and shorts. If you haven't already seen part I of this post, then checkout my promo video here:

to get my gist. Even if the lace/tulle is white, it doesn't need to be reserved for just a special occasion. It's one of those ideal materials to wear when the sun pops out because it can be cooling and can sometimes give the illusion of bare but not! That's where this classic cut vest blouse comes into play 'Opal'. Created using tulle and mortif pieces (embroidery lace, sequences and pearl beads) i decided to expand my creativity to interweaving the fabrics together. One could consider layering for speed but i knew i would get a better effect with this method. Plus it was fun :) I must warn that these materials are fragile so be sure to double up when creating your own. Opal is definitely one of those pieces one can create a layered look with. Wear it with a vest top, bodice top or dress to create different looks for day and evening wear too. Below is the conceptual sketch illustration and blue-print to replicate your own. It isn't drawn to scale but the shapes are there to assist. You can view further details on this post by watching the demo/tutorial here [VIDEO]
[/VIDEO]