Makeup or skin care tricks for these tiny bumps?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
They line the bottom of my orbital bone one the areas closest to my nose, are tiny and match the color of my skin for the most part. My problem is they cling to any sort of makeup, making them so much more noticeable. I moisturize twice daily, always use creams specifically made for the eye area, exfoliate a couple of times during the week, and all in all take very good care of my face yet these little bumps won't go away. Anyone else have these?

What you're describing is milia. It's kind of common but not harmful, they're more of an inconvenience. They are created by a build up of dead skin cells that are trapped under the skin's surface. The best way to get rid of them is by targeted exfoliation with salicylic acid. But aviod at ALL costs to pick or squeeze at them, lest risk scarring. Another way is to let a Dermatologist treat them with needles and freezing, but you risk some minimal chance of scarring with this method. To prevent them, exfoliate at least once or twice a week, don't over moisturize, apply a moisturizer with an SPF rating. It's also not recommended to over exfoliate either, as it doesn't give the skin a chance to rebalance it's pH level. As for make-up, cover as usual and powder very lightly, however, the height will still be there. Milia is very tiny 1-2mm, so most people will never see them at a 'personal distance' space, unless they are giving you an eye exam. Always remember to clean your face nightly, night cremes encourage the sloughing off of dead skin cells, and remember to clean your face in the morning including using your toner, very important. Well you get the idea... As for them disappearing, most literature out there says yes, but it will take time, so be patient.

Back