elfbarbie07

What's one product that takes you forever to get through?

Hey! This is my first thread :) I hope that there isn't another like this, but I thought it might be fun. It doesn't matter what "category" of products it is... it could be hair, shower, makeup, body, skincare...

For me it is shower gel. I know that a lot of people burn through it, but I've been using the same B&BW sg since the beginning of January... thank goodness it's almost gone! Another thing is lotion... If I ever finish a full size lotion it will be a miracle.

I thought that because a lot of people are on low or no buys this could be to show everyone one thing that you can definitely resist getting :D.

• Like 1

Hair Spray. I think my current bottle is at least 3 years old LOL.

• Like 1

Oh goodness, always so many open bottles around here! 

I don't think I've ever finished a bottle of lotion, unless it was travel size (which I keep in my purse), and even then it takes me forever to finish.  I think I've got about 3 more applications of bliss lemon/sage travel lotion, and I've been working on it for 6 months.

I've given up on buying full size lotion, the smell changes or formula seems to go bad by the time I'm half way through it.  My last full size lotion is Pacifica's Hawaiian scent in the blue bottle.  I'm determined to finish that up by end of summer if it kills me, lol. 

Shower gels seem to live on forever too.  Scrubs go quick, but the gels, I get tired of the scents before they are gone.  It probably doesn't help that I don't shower every day either (I'm an every other day girl).  I find myself getting bored and seeing how fast it goes down in the bottle by using WAY too much...and then still find myself peeved it isn't gone. 

Pretty much all makeup, except mascara/lash primer, tinted moisturizer/foundation, and concealer last forever too.  I end up giving some things to my sister in law if I know she'd like them. 

Since I started up with birchbox again, and also have Ipsy and glossy box, I don't feel as tempted to buy full size products elsewhere.  It is actually kind of fun to see I'm finishing products, even if they are only small sizes, lol. 

• Like 2

Originally Posted by normajean2008 View Post

Oh goodness, always so many open bottles around here! 

I don't think I've ever finished a bottle of lotion, unless it was travel size (which I keep in my purse), and even then it takes me forever to finish.  I think I've got about 3 more applications of bliss lemon/sage travel lotion, and I've been working on it for 6 months.

I've given up on buying full size lotion, the smell changes or formula seems to go bad by the time I'm half way through it.  My last full size lotion is Pacifica's Hawaiian scent in the blue bottle.  I'm determined to finish that up by end of summer if it kills me, lol. 

Shower gels seem to live on forever too.  Scrubs go quick, but the gels, I get tired of the scents before they are gone.  It probably doesn't help that I don't shower every day either (I'm an every other day girl).  I find myself getting bored and seeing how fast it goes down in the bottle by using WAY too much...and then still find myself peeved it isn't gone. 

Pretty much all makeup, except mascara/lash primer, tinted moisturizer/foundation, and concealer last forever too.  I end up giving some things to my sister in law if I know she'd like them. 

Since I started up with birchbox again, and also have Ipsy and glossy box, I don't feel as tempted to buy full size products elsewhere.  It is actually kind of fun to see I'm finishing products, even if they are only small sizes, lol. 

I see what you mean with shower gels! I shower every other day, and even with me using an absurd amount, it lasts forever. I have like eight B&BW lotions... one of them I have been using almost every day for seven months and I haven't even put a tiny dent into it.

• Like 1

Like everyone else, I never finish lotion! If I look around my room right now I can see at least 6 different kinds....Mostly B&BW, I can never resist their sales! 

• Like 1

I honestly don't know how anyone "hits pan" or has "empties," I never can manage either because I buy way too much but I can't stop! Bahhhaaaaahhhaaahahahahahaaa! *whips out cash and throws it at ulta* Definitely know my debit card info by heart... What does that say about me? Lol.

• Like 2

Eye primer!  It is one of the things I wear every day and a tiny tube lasts forrrevvvver!

• Like 2

definitely lotion! i dont know why i buy so many if i rarely even use them. its not like i wear lotion everyday but i still feel the need to buy more. icon_scratch.gif
I use lotion about 4 times a day and I still have about 8 open half empty bottles in my room, I just like having options
  • Like 1

Any sort of powder like blush, eyeshadow, and NAIL POLISH (which makes me wonder why I own like 60 bottles of polish... lol).

My Tarte foundation lasts forever too (about 5-6 months on average) considering I use a good amount every day. When I thought my most recent tube was down to its last days, I was able to squeeze out 3 more weeks of use.

• Like 1

I agree with everything listed so far.  My one thing that I can never use up that annoys me is lotion.  I have two full size body lotions open right now and a ton of hand lotions.  I use hand lotion a lot but can never really be bothered to use body lotion. 

• Like 1

Oh my gosh so funny everyone is saying lotion, I can blow through bottles of lotion like nothing!

It takes me forever to finish eye shadows, eye creams, shower gels, lipstick, lip gloss and definitely nail polish (only finished 1 bottle ever!).

• Like 1

I have an overload of body lotion as well and I have found this past year that I like body oils better than lotions. I gave away a couple of bottles of lotion to my sisters and the rest I am slowly using up by re-purposing the body lotion as a shave cream. Most lotions have worked well as a shave cream for me. Hair conditioner works even better than lotion as a shave cream but I already used up all my conditioners that I didn't like for my hair :-) 

• Like 1

Shower gel would be me. I go thru lotion like crazy- I am constantly applying it to my legs. I live in a very dry climate, so it is essential!

Nail polishes, eyeshadows and blushes. These things never go away since you only need a tiny amount. I also have quite a lot of foundations, bronzers, lipsticks, and lotions but I can finish them up in a few years maybe if I don't buy more lol

B&BW shower gels are taking me forever. I've been switching between Pink Chiffon and White Citrus mostly. Going on a year and both still half full. I burn through CVS brand 2% salicylic acid pink grapefruit shower gel though. A bottle won't even last me a month.

It takes me forever to use up things like eyeshadows, blushes, bronzers and nail polishes. Honestly, I don't think I've ever ran out of any of those. I can easily run out of hair products, lotions and things like that, but makeup just gets lingers except for foundation and concealers. 

The only thing I've ever finished before I was supposed to toss it out is lotion and body wash. It's why I love travel/sample sizes so much. I got a sample of Hot Mama from Birchbox in November and I think I'm only 60% through it. I think blush you're supposed to throw out after two years, so there is no way I'm buying the full size, no matter how much I love it.

The worst I think would be nail polish. I only paint my toes, which I find to be a hassle, so I usually only use a bottle for 3-4 pedicures before I move on to a new shade. Such a waste.