Organic shampoo and conditioner recommendations?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Somewhat new to the site. I'm wondering if anyone uses a good organic shampoo and conditioner.

I fried out my hair from years of dying and heat processing. I have been using sulfate-free shampoo and conditioners now for about a year and have seen a huge improvement! I have thin, but frizzy slow growing dirty blond hair. It is definitely shiner now than ever before. I tried a bunch of the Organix products (my favorite was the moroccan argan oil shampoo.) I've like to try a product that actually uses organic extracts and less chemicals. Organix is great, but it still has a ton of chemicals in it (their name is a bit misleading...I did some research about their product.)

I'm leaning on Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo (that is a handful to say!), but can't find any good reviews on it.

Any suggestions, ladies?

I like shea moisture, it has gotten good reviews for the price and ingredients. A lot of hair companies are jumping on board and have less chemicals than before, so it would just depend on what you are trying to avoid. If you are trying for all organic ingredients you can check out this small list http://www.organicconsumers.org/bodycare/links.cfm not all have hair care but are usda certified organic for beauty products.

If you just want better ingredients and don't care about completely certified organic you could look up these brands I'm sure each will have some line catered to repairing hair and controlling frizz. I'm somewhat bias, my favorite of the listed is shea moisture. But I'm a product junkie so I have other brands as my favorites for my hair type.

I've even heard good things about Trader joes haircare, so I'm sure there are even more not listed, if you visit health or whole food type stores. Sorry to seem so vague, but there are a lot of good ones out there. Hope this was somewhat helpful, my hair is thick and curly so I'm not sure on the thinning issue, except for oils and hair masks :/

Derm organic is good as well. If you go to their website and request samples they will send you a nice set of 3 hair products and 3 /skincare products. The shampoo is really rich. I liked it a lot. Plus they are like 2 ounce samples so you get enough to try:D

I have been using Aubrey Organics Rosa Mosqueta Nourishing shampoo and conditioner lately and I really like them.  They have small travel sizes to try on their website if you don't want to commit without trying.  I know I requested samples from them, but I don't think they sent any hair stuff.  Maybe if you requested it specifically they might.  I have long hair that is damaged from daily styling, and it works pretty well for me.

I use the DressGreen.net shampoo bars. They are made of ingredients including various oils and proteins, cocoa butter, etc. The two I use are:

Pomegranate Juice Shampoo Bar

Link: http://www.dressgreen.net/item_19/Pomegranate-Juice-Shampoo-Bar.htm

Rosemary Peppermint Shampoo Bar

Link: http://www.dressgreen.net/item_22/Rosemary-Peppermint-Shampoo-Bar.htm

They are also made in Michigan so not made in China or anything like that. I no longer have to condition my hair every time I shampoo and my hair seems to break less often and feels stronger. I know hair is dead so I am not exactly sure how it is doing so, but it is. I usually just switch between the two, no method or anything on that. I do want to try the coconut one and I have a sample of the orange I have yet to try. Anyway, I really love them ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like RenPure Organics in the Red Bottle, I think it is pomegranate and olive. I also like the conditioner only hair cleansers, they have really helped my hair. I don't think the one I am using is 100 percent organic though.

Back