Really in need of eyebrow help!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys, I really desperately need help with my eyebrows and I'm hoping someone can offer some advice (I hope this is the right forum to post in!).

Unfortunately, I was born with really sparse and light eyebrows to the point that a lot of people didn't think I had eyebrows, especially in photographs or from far away 
frown.gif
. It looks terrible and I hate it... I've tried filling it in, but no matter how lightly I do it, it looks so fake and unnatural b/c there's not much hair there in the first place (see pics). I'm gonna try to use some brow growth stuff like castor oil and Ardell, but I have serious doubts about whether it would work since it's not that I over-plucked, it's that I never grew much eyebrows in the first place... 
icon_sad.gif
 Does anyone else have to deal with this problem? Can someone please give me some advice on what I can do? HELP! 

Get ready for ugly some pictures:

Hi.

I see there your eyebrows are really pale.

I suggest you to see Michelle Phan's tutorial for eyebrows on youtube.

She shows how to fill them perfectly naturally and it is very beautiful.

For my own advices, I think you should get an eyebrow palette and apply makeup on.

Powder looks more natural. If you really want them much more darker though,

I suggest you take eyebrow... I don't know how to call it, but it's kind of gel texture

and it's Brown to fill your eyebrows. Sephora has good stuff for eyebrows. You should check it out.

Also, put VERY pale eyeshadow on your arch, il will make your brows look darker. (contrast yay)

Hope this helped you.

My pleasure for the advice,

check out my youtube vids for more:) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5ne9HTbmSk

Smacbeauty

Since you didn't mention it, what products have you used to try and fill your eyebrows in? Pencil, powder, etc.? If you have tried using powders with a light hand and still found it too unnatural, what colour did you try? If you tried black, it may look better with a light/medium brown.

My brows are pretty sparse/thin as well, especially compared to how much ridiculously thick hair I have. I use a matte black eyeshadow and regular eyeshadow brush to fill them in and I find that it looks a lot more natural than brow pencils. I've heard some good things about brow wax(+powder) but I've personally never tried it since using eyeshadow works well enough.

This is the only pic I could find of before I started filling in my brows/without my bangs completely covering them up:

And this is after (sorry it's not the best quality, I prefer to be the one behind the camera so most pics with me in them are either really silly or just quick phone snaps to show a friend my hair/makeup):

Back