I need help; FACIAL ECZEMA.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently started to have a patch on eczema on my face. No need to tell you how much I hate having this standing under my nose... It looks 10 time worst with makeup on so I need it to be gone ASAP. I know steroid creams are very effective for this kind of issue but I'd rather avoid using steroid cream on my face. Where I live, it takes up to a year to have a appointment with a dermatologist so If you experienced eczema on your face, I'd be very happy to know what you've done to get rid of it.  If it can help, I have a sensitive combination skin. THANK YOU :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Have you ever had it before? If it's new, is there anything different you've done or any new products? I would look first at products you are using, and then look at your diet for a possible food allergy. I battled eczema for years to eventually figure out it was a gluten allergy. Haven't had it again since I changed my diet.

Hi MACenzie, I had once developed that kid of eczema. At that time, I started becoming vegetarian & eating high sugar snacks because of stress at work. Then, my Tzone area starts to become red & flaky for few days without going away. I started browsing online & found out that it was called Seborrheic Dermatitis, and I found an article from someone who had this before. I followed what she did. She uses cotton bud & apply Apple cider vinegar (undiluted) three times a day for 3 days & they're gone. I also did the same, but only apply it in the morning & at night after cleansing. I did that for about 5 days & now my skin is very smooth & back to normal. The reason of irritation / Seborrheic dermatitis Is that I believe because of yeast (candida) that died when i started eating vegetarian & ate more sugar/bread. The yeast caused reaction on the face skin when it releases toxin. I don't know I that's the case for you, but try put apple cider vinegar on it. It's natural so should be ok. I uses it as astringent every night. It will feel hot when you apply it at first, but you can try on small area first to see if that helps. Need to be consistent using it until it's gone tho.

I occasionally get patches of eczema on my face. I also try to not use steroid creams on my face. I have had good luck using a facial moisturizer with ceramides, such as CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion. I have battled eczema since I was a toddler. I finally went to a new dermatologist in the last couple of years, and she recommended using lotions and moisturizers with ceramides. My skin is the best that it's ever been since I got this advice.

I have a patch of eczema right at the base of my nose!  I have to use a DMAE cream and a essential oil blend to keep things under control. The oil blend I have has evening primrose oil, rosehip seed oil, lavender, lemon and geranium oils in it. The DMAE cream I use is from Derma E.

Eczema is dry and irritated skin. Believe it or not, moisturizing DOES help. It does not cure it completely but in some people it can make the difference they need.

Often it is also part of a fungal infection so be sure to use a topical fungal cream. Use it for 7 days and then just top it up with a once a week does of anti-fungal cream.

If the skin is irritated it will respond well to hydrocortizone cream which just calms down the skins immune reactions and reduces the redness and inflammation.

Good luck!!

Back