Julep September 2013 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i'm totally rabid for doing it as the maven window just opened yesterday, but i'm bored with the current collection for august and already excited for september (let's hope it's epic like may??!!). in the next month, we should day dream about the perfect fall collection. i don't like to call it 'indian summer' (i.e. indian is native american') but that could be a cool collection with a rusty brown-orange creme, a mustard yellow-gray shimmer duochrome, dark indigo metallic...

see photos for 'inspiration board' (p.s. no i do not actually have time for this lol)

also, this isn't too recent but these shades definitely have yet to hit julep's website:

http://www.kendrixloves.com/2013/06/julep-qvc-exclusive-contemporary.html

i don't think a julep chocolate collection (mentioned dreamily in the august thread) is a far fetched idea. i love these!

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Since it's brought up immediately in every Julep thread, "Will the new collection contain holos?!"

Probably not...
lol love this.. but i really, really do not understand the holo craze. i also don't know why i started a september thread in july for cosmetics at eleven/midnight with long day ahead.

Yay for fall colors! I'm ready for them too.

I would really like to see a nice manicure tools set, possible in a fun color.  I used to have a gold set and I loved them.  Some ideas:

Oh, and I would love to see fall colors paired with more metals - gold, bronze, copper, hopefully in a glitter too (I would love more glitters and/or colors along the lines of Jane).

Oh, and I would love to see fall colors paired with more metals - gold, bronze, copper, hopefully in a glitter too (I would love more glitters and/or colors along the lines of Jane).
yes this! i would really like earthy shades in finishes like vivien, sharon, zelda, jane. a rich warm brown in the vivien finish/texture would be awesome, as would a dark green.

Originally Posted by r4chel77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yes this! i would really like earthy shades in finishes like vivien, sharon, zelda, jane. a rich warm brown in the vivien finish/texture would be awesome, as would a dark green.
I think we're on to something! A dark green glitter would just make me melt
smilehappyyes.gif

I'm wanting a green glitter holo- has anyone tried the orly holos- mermaid tale and sparkling garbage are haunting me, I think I need to purchase.

i kinda hate holos lol. but go purchase them if you really like them! i get some people wouldn't like vivien but i'd be nuts for it.

Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yay for fall colors! I'm ready for them too.

I would really like to see a nice manicure tools set, possible in a fun color.  I used to have a gold set and I loved them.  Some ideas:

This sounds like such a brilliant idea. I would love a manicure kit from them!

I would also like their toe separators made of gel or something that will last after more than one or two uses.

Originally Posted by foxyroxy-26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This sounds like such a brilliant idea. I would love a manicure kit from them!

I would also like their toe separators made of gel or something that will last after more than one or two uses.
you just gave me a good idea: it would be nice to have a gel or otherwise luxurious sleep mask.

Yay for fall colors! I'm ready for them too. I would really like to see a nice manicure tools set, possible in a fun color.  I used to have a gold set and I loved them.  Some ideas: Oh, and I would love to see fall colors paired with more metals - gold, bronze, copper, hopefully in a glitter too (I would love more glitters and/or colors along the lines of Jane).
I love this idea. Everyone needs a good manicure set. I also love the metallics idea, although since there are two metallics in the Champange trio, I'm not getting my hopes up.

i'm totally rabid for doing it as the maven window just opened yesterday, but i'm bored with the current collection for august and already excited for september (let's hope it's epic like may??!!). in the next month, we should day dream about the perfect fall collection. i don't like to call it 'indian summer' (i.e. indian is native american') but that could be a cool collection with a rusty brown-orange creme, a mustard yellow-gray shimmer duochrome, dark indigo metallic... see photos for 'inspiration board' (p.s. no i do not actually have time for this lol) also, this isn't too recent but these shades definitely have yet to hit julep's website: http://www.kendrixloves.com/2013/06/julep-qvc-exclusive-contemporary.html i don't think a julep chocolate collection (mentioned dreamily in the august thread) is a far fetched idea. i love these!
These images are lovely. The colors you mentioned will be perfect for fall, esp the rusty brown-orange crème. Come on, Julep! September is my bday month, so I'd feel TOTALLY justified getting a full upgrade for the first time.

Really need a nice burnt orange color.  Would even be nice if it was textured.  Add in some blues because you could carry them into the Winter season.  Bring on Fall... so tired of summer already.  Love the manicure set idea.  I really need a new one!!!  

Originally Posted by r4chel77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i'm totally rabid for doing it as the maven window just opened yesterday, but i'm bored with the current collection for august and already excited for september (let's hope it's epic like may??!!). in the next month, we should day dream about the perfect fall collection. i don't like to call it 'indian summer' (i.e. indian is native american') but that could be a cool collection with a rusty brown-orange creme, a mustard yellow-gray shimmer duochrome, dark indigo metallic...

see photos for 'inspiration board' (p.s. no i do not actually have time for this lol)

also, this isn't too recent but these shades definitely have yet to hit julep's website:

http://www.kendrixloves.com/2013/06/julep-qvc-exclusive-contemporary.html

i don't think a julep chocolate collection (mentioned dreamily in the august thread) is a far fetched idea. i love these!
The qvc colors are gorgeous.  Hmm...just another product not offered to Mavens first (or not at all.)  I am finding this frustrating.  I am thinking about a quick email to Julep about it.

I would love for julep to come up with a hand soak for when you do manicures.  When I do my nails I soak my hands in one of those shaped bowls with spots for each finger.  I use plain water. Julep should come up with a deep-conditioning formula for hands and cuticles. Why not?  Most of us use some sort of foot soak.

I also agree that Julep should offer a larger range of tools.  I really like the nail files they have.  I got two in some mystery boxes.  However I have not seen them sold separately.  I also have the foot file and I like that too.

As far as colors are concerned, I would like to see a deep shimmery cooper.  It should have different color shimmers than the polish like chocolate, rust, and gold.  I would also like to see a shimmery version of Coco or Lucy.  I think a deep indigo would be nice as well. 

I think they should base some of the colors off of fall foliage with shades of gold, red, rust and brown.  But they should have multiple finishes like shimmer or micro glitter.

I would also like to see some sort of fall top coat similar to Adele.  Like a chocolate-bronze holo.

Also, a plum shade with cranberry shimmer in it.

As far as colors are concerned, I would like to see a deep shimmery cooper.  It should have different color shimmers than the polish like chocolate, rust, and gold.  I would also like to see a shimmery version of Coco or Lucy.  I think a deep indigo would be nice as well.  I think they should base some of the colors off of fall foliage with shades of gold, red, rust and brown.  But they should have multiple finishes like shimmer or micro glitter. I would also like to see some sort of fall top coat similar to Adele.  Like a chocolate-bronze holo. Also, a plum shade with cranberry shimmer in it.
I want everything you just said

Latest posts

Back