Sample Society August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Starting a thread for August. I'm a little bummed we haven't had any spoilers lately. They usually give us a spoiler for one thing that we all get in our boxes, but they didn't do one last month. Looking back, the items that everyone got weren't too terribly exciting. Hopefully we will all get something really cool this month, and they'll give us a little sneaky peek soon!

Originally Posted by bluelion /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't even realize they did spoilers at all!
They don't do a lot, but every month (other than last month) since I started getting boxes in March, they've released a spoiler for one product that everyone receives, either in emails or on the BeautyBar Facebook page. I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to it, I think they just give us a spoiler at random if and when they decide to. 

They had problems charging my card again this month, not sure what's going on, but CS said they're shipping boxes out Thursday.

I should probably think much more carefully before actually stating this, but I truly believe NOTHING could be worse than the box SS sent me last month, so, I'm pretty pumped about August!!

Originally Posted by annveal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They charged me and I'm getting Kit B. What did everyone else get?
Looks like I'm getting Kit B too. I hope it's amazing!! Now we need someone who can get CS to talk and find out what's in the kits. Last time I tried it didn't work out so well for me....

I'm getting B.  I was on the phone with CS this weekend but I totally forgot to ask for hints/spoilers.  

I got a new card, and forgot to change it over on their website. I updated it online this morning, and going to give them a call later. I hope my box ships out with everyone elses! I'm Kit A :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here are the contents of Kit D!

[Ahava Purifying Mud Mask] [Cellceuticals Extremely Gentle Cleanser] [Jane Iredale Lash Contitioner] [ Korres Cherry Oil Lip Gloss] [Dr.T's Super City Sunscreen Serum]

Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here are the contents of Kit D!

[Ahava Purifying Mud Mask][Cellceuticals Extremely Gentle Cleanser]

[Jane Iredale Lash Contitioner]

[ Korres Cherry Oil Lip Gloss]

[Dr.T's Super City Sunscreen Serum]
How'd you find that out?! I have Kit A and I hope it has

Korres Cherry Oil Lip Gloss
I want them to start adding more make-up!

How'd you find that out?! I have Kit A and I hope it has
Korres Cherry Oil Lip Gloss
I want them to start adding more make-up! Hi, Cate! To find out the contents of your SS box, you will need to call SSCS directly...aaand then it 's sort of a crap shoot as to which rep assists you and how good of a mood their in as to whether or not you end up knowing your box contents..some are super friendly and will tell you straight away, (I've even had some offer to email me pics!), others guard the information like their working for the CIA...Good Luck! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Okay, so I called BB because I needed to ensure my new card would be charged for August's box, and I couldn't help myself, I had to ask what was in my box!

Kit A:

Jane Iredale Lash Conditioner

Korres Cherry Lip Gloss (11 Buff) Dr. T's Supergoop City Sunscreen Serum SPF 30 Elemental Herbology - Facial Hydrator Dr. Hauschka Skin Care Cleaning Cream   Between Sample Society + Birchbox, I'm up to my elbows in Supergoop sunscreen!

Originally Posted by Cate88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okay, so I called BB because I needed to ensure my new card would be charged for August's box, and I couldn't help myself, I had to ask what was in my box!

Kit A:

Thanks for getting the scoop!

Dr. T's Supergoop City Sunscreen Serum SPF 30  

OK. I like this, but just got a full size bottle in my Popsugar must have box.  I guess I'll just have to travel somewhere. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'm happy with everything, just getting a bit jaded as I have quite a few subscriptions

Originally Posted by mckondik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for getting the scoop!

Dr. T's Supergoop City Sunscreen Serum SPF 30  

OK. I like this, but just got a full size bottle in my Popsugar must have box.  I guess I'll just have to travel somewhere. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'm happy with everything, just getting a bit jaded as I have quite a few subscriptions

Same here, I'm not a fan. I'd rather just cover up with a hat, sunglasses and clothing, but my very fair skinned boyfriend benefits from my collection from my sub boxes.

Kit A, this is ridiculous. They sent out supergoop last month and it was nearly empty.. I can't wait for another nude gloss*note heavy sarcasm* ughhhh

Latest posts

Back