• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SEPHORA: Bonus Point Event

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
To celebrate the new Beauty Insider program and VIB Rouge, Sephora is offering bonus points August 12 (starting at 9 am, PDT) through August 18.

For every dollar that you spend, you get:

• 2X the points if you are a regular BI
  • 3X the points if you are a VIB and
  •  4X the points if you are VIB Rouge.

You can even earn bonus points in store by mentioning "Celebrate Beauty insider" when you check out.

The best parts of this bonus week are the amazing rewards they are offering (I almost hyperventilated at the Marc Jacobs bag you can redeem for 5000 points!) and that for the first time you can exchange points with friends to redeem rewards.

There's about a 0.00001% chance that I will actually be able to redeem any of the rewards, but for you extreme point hoarders out there (and those of you who have enough friends to put together 5000+ points), maybe you can take some pictures when you redeem the reward and show the rest of us how much we're missing out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

You can find more info here: http://www.sephora.com/celebratebi

Oh, cool!  I'm going to make a birthday order at Sephora anyway in August, now I'll just wait til the 12th!  Yay for double points!

And yeah... no way will I ever accumulate 5K points... but I'd love to meet someone who does!

Uggh. Of course this announcement comes a few hours after I caved on my no-buy and spent $75 at Sephora! Just my luck!

10K points? Really? i hope to know some friends who haven't redeemed a single point since buying from Sephora. Maybe just buy a tix to Paris with all of that spendng:)

And of course, If somebody is willing to donate me their 4k points, that would be fun gift for my bday nxtmonth! Weeehee!

Do the "extra" points count toward your status of reaching the 1000 points in a year to become rouge? Or are these just for redeeming?

Do the "extra" points count toward your status of reaching the 1000 points in a year to become rouge? Or are these just for redeeming?
You have to spend $1,000 in a year, you don't get to VIB ROUGE with points.

The VIB clutch for this year is now available in stores.

Apparently, some stores may have slightly different samples and the VIB clutch at Sephora at JCP is composed of completely different samples.

However, I'm loving the glosses and the l'Occitane hand cream in this set. Can't wait to try them out!

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?skuId=1527464&productId=P381936

s1527464-main-Lhero.jpg

Originally Posted by BisouBisou /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Apparently, some stores may have slightly different samples and the VIB clutch at Sephora at JCP is composed of completely different samples.

However, I'm loving the glosses and the l'Occitane hand cream in this set. Can't wait to try them out!

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?skuId=1527464&productId=P381936
Awesome!  I just placed an order this morning... I may have to go in store now too!

Dear Sephora,

Please remove all sold out items from your sale section. Stop teasing me. 

Thank you,

tgooberbutt

They haven't officially announced it yet and I don't think it's supposed to be available until Friday.

I've been hearing that a lot of stores already have it in stocks but are not supposed to be handing them out until later in the week, so I would definitely call your local Sephora first to check if they have it.

Originally Posted by tgooberbutt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dear Sephora,

Please remove all sold out items from your sale section. Stop teasing me. 

Thank you,

tgooberbutt
Ugh, I know.. that is so annoying.  I wish it would at least say "sold out" on the main page so I don't have to click the link to see it! So disappointing!

s1527464-main-Lhero.jpg
This definitely makes me want to place an order! So...wait until friday?!

s1527464-main-Lhero.jpg
Oh, I just ordered yesterday.  Hmm...maybe another order is gonna happen on Friday.

I bought a couple of things (tarte Smouldereyes in Navy -- I had been obsessing about a shimmery navy eyeshadow pencil all morning, their formula is great, and it turned out to be the perfect shade -- and a Set the Mood mirror) in-store, and I picked up a clutch, but then I tried the Marc Jacobs eye gel crayons, and OH WOW NEED THEM ALL.  Ahem.  The hand swatches have lasted through the Sephora in-store makeup remover, multiple hand washings, and a bit of scrubbing to try to get them to budge.  Most of them are still going strong.  I see one of them is a bonus point perk, so I'm thinking about going ahead and getting the rest of the UD pencils on clearance that I don't have and reallyreally wanted to get when they were initially DC'd (I have a spectacular weakness for blue, green, and purple eyeliner, but I couldn't get them all at the time and did not think that they would ever show up on sale like this) since the bonus point event is still happening.  If they let me get another VIB bag, fantastic!  If not, no biggie.  I'm really more covetous of the points at this point because I know they will have some great perks closer to the holidays.

The jcp one had better goodies, IMO. It had an ud mini liner and mini muf lipstick. Also a tarte and benefit mini mascaras. Philosophy miracle worker, murad moisturizer, bare minerals wrinkle filler. The only thing that was the same was the sephora anti aging product.

Latest posts

Back