Glossybox August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any thoughts on spolier for August?
HAHAHA we're on time for once but I don't think GB is done thinking about July stuff. Did you get a glossymag? I didn't and I like those things.... 

I don't know if I will stay subscribed for August hoping I see a good spoiler.

HAHAHA we're on time for once but I don't think GB is done thinking about July stuff. Did you get a glossymag? I didn't and I like those things.... 
I didn't either. I wonder if they're going to be online only from now on. Other countries' GBs got magazines with their (prettier) July boxes. Did they stop printing them to save money? I'm worried the U.S. GB is going to go belly up like Canada's.

I haven't gotten the glossy mag. Was that blue cover? Maybe they forgot to put one in my box? LOL yeah I'm one of the fewest who got my Glossybox early. Lets see what happens for August? LOL

I didn't either. I wonder if they're going to be online only from now on. Other countries' GBs got magazines with their (prettier) July boxes. Did they stop printing them to save money? I'm worried the U.S. GB is going to go belly up like Canada's.
That's right! When did the Canada go belly up? I did read that somewhere. It would be nice if the UK version could take over?

Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As much as I complain and moan about various issues with GB, I would be gutted if they went out of business ;(
ME TOO

Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any thoughts on spolier for August?
If I recall correctly, last year in August we got Illamasqua nail polish and Ellis Faas lip thingies.That was a great month if you got great colors... lol. 

I would love to see bioderma in our boxes. 

I might not order a box this month unless a good code pops up. I hope they do more curated boxes. The regular ones tend to be a little lackluster.

Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As much as I complain and moan about various issues with GB, I would be gutted if they went out of business ;(
I don't think they're going out of business in the US anyway.  They released a PR recently touting having shipped 4m boxes.

http://ventureburn.com/2013/07/rocket-internets-glossybox-hits-4m-beauty-boxes-sold/

In other news I should get my July box today.  Finally.  
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by Alicia Loves /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I might not order a box this month unless a good code pops up. I hope they do more curated boxes. The regular ones tend to be a little lackluster.
That's what I am thinking. I cancelled this month and wil see what spoilers look like and if ther are codes. I just can not justify stuff I am not using.

I just got my box and was kind of disappointed....I'm cancelling for awhile I think, I also had a damaged product in my box though and I don't want to cancel before I get the replacement (in case they don't think I need customer service after cancelling) so hopefully that comes (they said they'd send one) before they charge for next month. 

A question, though--if you cancel and then resub do you lose your glossydots? 

Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think they're going out of business in the US anyway.  They released a PR recently touting having shipped 4m boxes.

http://ventureburn.com/2013/07/rocket-internets-glossybox-hits-4m-beauty-boxes-sold/

In other news I should get my July box today.  Finally.  
icon_rolleyes.gif
They've shipped 4 million boxes between all of the GB global subsidiaries. This didn't help Canada, so you never know. The US GB seems sloppier than their European counterparts, unfortunately.

I'm sooooooooo on the fence about Glossybox. I really want to try them and they seem to have great products, but all the complaints are really deterring me. Has anyone else made the leap recently? If so, are you glad you did? I currently subscribe to Ipsy and Birchbox.... but I've been bitten by the subscription box addiction!

Latest posts

Back