JC327

Birchbox pick two mystery packs

I'm so glad I read through these replies because I was about to use my Dr. Hauschka samples today but didn't even think to check the expiration date! (gross, how long have they been sitting in the warehouse???)

@, my newest pick-two came in one of those sealed baggies as well!

I got the Real Chemistry Peel and a hair protecting spray which is definitely a step up from the double Hairkop last time, haha.

I got a 100% Pure Honey Cream wash and a Davines Love conditioner packet. Would you consider these either of these deluxe samples? I'm not thrilled...

Edited by goldenmeans

I got a 100% Pure Honey Cream wash and a Davines Love conditioner packet. Would you consider these either of these deluxe samples? I'm not thrilled...

How big was the 100% Pure product?  I would say, if it came in a foil packet, you'd be justified in complaining.  If it was a multi-use container, you're probably out of luck.  (I have gotten some 100% Pure ketchup packets in the past and have gotten them replaced.)

How big was the 100% Pure product?  I would say, if it came in a foil packet, you'd be justified in complaining.  If it was a multi-use container, you're probably out of luck.  (I have gotten some 100% Pure ketchup packets in the past and have gotten them replaced.)

Yeah, it was the little ketchup packet. I hate complaining, because it seems like every time I order something there's an issue, but this was more than a little lame.

Mystery packs definitely don't go by $$ spent.

Got my VA affair and those $20 box of 4 caramels and I got that little ketchup packet of 100% pure shower gel (yuck, got that in my BB before and don't like the scent or the texture) and the small bottle of No. 4 comb and protect detangler which I actually love. My best 2 pick so far was the posiebalm and real chemistry peel with a minimal order.

Edited by H_D
  • Like 2

So I got my replacement for my expired breath mints and boy did BB go above and beyond. I got Paula's Choice skin balancing serum and Model Co Power lash Mascara in one bag and The Chemistry Peel and a peachy colored Pixie lip balm in another baggie. Both bags were folded over and sealed. I think they are bagging them ahead of time. Someone else on MUT listed the same combo of the Pixie and the peel. And just as an added bonus they through 2 hairkops randomly in the box. They must be desperate to be rid of those suckers!

I'm very happy I complained! And they gave me 100 sorry points! Woop Woop!

• Like 2

"Hopefully I am the only one who is going to get this sad pick-2", says the woman who hates receiving shampoo and conditioner samples.

post-101819-0-01989600-1418253520_thumb.jpg

I made three orders and was too nervous to get hairkop ect foils, I chose mens pick twos. All three orders it mini Sasquatch pine tree soaps and three Clinique for men moisturizers.

They will all get used! Just wish they were all different... Oh well.

A 100% Pure lotion packet, and Color Club "Reign in Spain" (again).. but the nail polish exploded. :/

Had some other issues with this order so just overall disappointed.

Ugh! I got this same exact pick two.......I would have loved some Hairkop instead, lol. In my last one I tried for a Men's one and got the Proper Soap everyone else has gotten too.

I really wish they would at least bring back the Pick Twos that had two specific items that you were picking. I loved those but they would always sell out quickly.

• Like 1

"Hopefully I am the only one who is going to get this sad pick-2", says the woman who hates receiving shampoo and conditioner samples.

attachicon.gif20141210_181416.jpg

Oh nooooo!!! I have a feeling this one will be coming my way at some point. I hate receiving shampoo and conditioner samples too and have almost every BB brand sample...except this and the Harvey prince ones so, as Birchbox law dictates, these have my name written all over it!

How are you guys picking the Men's? Where do you go? I think I am going to take a chance at those. I'd love an outdoorsy kind of woodsy scented soap!

How are you guys picking the Men's? Where do you go? I think I am going to take a chance at those. I'd love an outdoorsy kind of woodsy scented soap!

In the men's bonus shop

So Birchbox finally made up for the multiple Hairkop Pick Two's I've also had the pleasure (ugh) of receiving!

After my third one, I was really irritated and wrote my second email to CS about it - only after sending, I realized I was erroneously charged for the sample pack (Used a 25% off code for a $30 CC cream, a $30 3-month gift sub, and of course the $10 Pick Two. Didn't realize that I was charged 25% off of $70 versus the $60 it should have been). So I wrote ANOTHER email that I was unhappy about being sent a Pick Two of Hairkop foils again, on top of being charged when it should have been free.

I didn't even bother to check their replies since the last time I complained they sent a "sorry" email and that's it. Well, it wasn't until I got a random bubble envelope from BB that I checked and realized they not only sent me a handpicked sample pack but also gave me 200 sorry points! AND refunded me $7 for the latest Hairkop pack (though they did deduct 7 points for the refund lol).

My replacement Sample pack: Real Chemistry peel, the Mirenesse curling mascara, and an Agave hair oil pouch. I've already sampled these products but I'm always happy to have extras! And I loved the Real Chemistry peel first time I tried it. Either way, I'm more than happy with this resolution... they totally made it up to me, and I'm also SO glad to see that they've finally improved the Pick Two situation for everyone else as well.

Edit: the return address for the Pick "Three" (lol) said "ATTN: KATIA" at the top. Thought that was odd enough to be worth a mention!

Edited by jewdiful
  • Like 3

Mystery sample pack with a huge order: A foil (I didnt even bother to check what it was) and a bottle of neon orange nail polish which I will never use...not even for an 80's halloween party. To tell you the truth, I would have rather recieved the dreaded hairkop in this instance!!

I am the opposite as everyone else here...I received a Number4 Hair Protect Spray and a mini Beauty Protector Mask and would have rather received any Hairkop.  The large Hairkop foil has over an ounce of product, you just have to squeeze it out into a container.  

I received a folle de joie perfume sample as well as a Catherine Malandrino perfume sample. After seeing some of the other options, it looks like I lucked out since I like the folle de joie smell.

I received a folle de joie perfume sample as well as a Catherine Malandrino perfume sample. After seeing some of the other options, it looks like I lucked out since I like the folle de joie smell.

That's one of those ones I'd be really torn on.  I've gotten both of those before in boxes.  I don't like the Folle de Joie smell at all.  The other is OK but not really my thing.  Also I would hate getting two perfumes at once (although at least they would both be women's perfumes, unlike the men's perfumes Ulta keeps sending me if I choose "fragrance sampler").

But at the same time, they're both multi-use and they're not foil.  And BB never said we would LOVE our Pick2s...just what criteria the Pick2s were supposed to meet.

Well, I will be getting my next Pick2 in a couple of days.  My last one was good and I'm curious what this one will bring.

My Men's Mystery Sample Pack was a Baxter of California Oil Free Moisturizer and Imperial Classic Pomade. Not bad, I think the boyfriend will use both of these :)

• Like 1

I received my replacement mystery pack yesterday. When I emailed them about my expired Dr. Hauschka sample they said they would send something out from the office. They sent a derma e cleanser and skin & co face cream along with a hand written note card thanking me for my patience. So nice and made me smile. Maybe this attachment photo works.

post-116762-0-45936200-1418333184_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

This is probably one of the better pick 2 that I have received. I am pleased. The eyeliner is a pretty dark blue.

post-94187-0-47778300-1418338854_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Not sure what BB thinks of me right now!! I ordered a BB man gift subscription and added a womens pick two...

Cynthia Rowley lip stain (very excited)

And

... Beard oil.

• Like 12

I am the opposite as everyone else here...I received a Number4 Hair Protect Spray and a mini Beauty Protector Mask and would have rather received any Hairkop.  The large Hairkop foil has over an ounce of product, you just have to squeeze it out into a container.  

Well, my two foil packets from Hairkop that was my wonderful mysterypack wasn't really "large" and I have long hair and it wasn't even enough for one use.

Well, my two foil packets from Hairkop that was my wonderful mysterypack wasn't really "large" and I have long hair and it wasn't even enough for one use.

The Hairkop packets are enough for one use for me, but not more.  This is a problem with a lot of Birchbox hair products for me, in general.  Many are so tiny I *can't* even use them once.  I say this when I review the ones I get in my box (except for the dry shampoo -- I have no idea if that's enough because I don't use it), but I don't know if they read those comments even in the aggregate (I know they don't consider them when choosing samples to send to us).

Fingers crossed for my next pick2.  Should be here any day now.

You know it's bad when you get repeat pick twos over and over when a bbx rep mentions that her significant other got the same packs in a row too.  At least one of them knows what we're going through, lol.

• Like 2

You know it's bad when you get repeat pick twos over and over when a bbx rep mentions that her significant other got the same packs in a row too.  At least one of them knows what we're going through, lol.

With all the samples they have, what are the odds you'd get the same two- but I have and I know others have too. It really is too bad they dont keep track of what MP we get and make sure they don't send out dupes, but that would be too much work (read: logistical nightmare) for them , lol.

Edited by H_D
  • Like 1