JC327

Birchbox pick two mystery packs

Replacement pick2 since my last one had a men's item in it:

Beauty Protector protect & treat (multi-use, haven't tried this, so great!)

and

TWO HAIRKOP FOILS.  So they're not gone.  Nourishing shampoo and moisturizing treatment cream.

But, it does satisfy the promises regarding pick2s so I will be happy.  And all of it will get used, eventually.

Juicy Couture LaLa Gold (meh) and SeaRx Moisturizer.

The Aces pack is such a joke. Gilchrist and Soames body wash, a Coastal Scents eyeshadow quad and a completely dried out Suki. Glad I got this with the glitch!

Got a pick two tonight with a body wash (too lazy to remember the brand...) and a black Cynthia Rowley eyeliner. Stoked.

Also got the Aces pack (add to cart button worked) with coastal scents quad, suki, and some other body wash.

Best part was that I forgot I had used the code to add on a ruffian trio!!

• Like 1

Got a bar of Old Spice soap and an itty bitty bottle of Towel Dry Thickening shampoo for my men's pick two! And the usual Ace pack contents. Pretty sure I've gotten the same ace pack 3 times...are they ever going to change it up??

I finally got a good pick 2 today.  No foils!

Evologie stay clear cleanser - not thrilled w/it, but at least it's not Hairkop foils or expired foils (both of which I have recieved recently & have been too busy to email BB about) 

Laqa & Co. lip lube in the coral color - Finally BB sends me one of these!  I have wanted to try these out for months.  I like the color too, even though I probably won't wear it til spring.

• Like 1

Got an Ace pack today. Anyone want to take a stab at guessing the contents?

oooh oooh! i know! i know!

i got the SOS you probably got in your ace pack too, lol.

got a regular pick two. stupid ass hairkop and a beauty protector hair mask.  

i'm donating all of these hairkop and g&s samples to people in need for Christmas.  I'm sure that they will love it.  There's a drive going on at my job and they said personal care items are needed. Voila!

• Like 5

got a regular pick two. stupid ass hairkop and a beauty protector hair mask.  

i'm donating all of these hairkop and g&s samples to people in need for Christmas.  I'm sure that they will love it.  There's a drive going on at my job and they said personal care items are needed. Voila!

I did the same!

• Like 2

I received today a Hairkop Leave In Moisturizing Cream and a Color Club nail polish in a neon pink/orange/peach color - Reign in Spain. Oh goodness, I will not use either of these, but I have a friend who will.

Considering I got these both for free, I really shouldn't complain. BUT... It would just be nice to receive samples that I WOULD use. You know, since that's the whole point of BB

• Like 1

I tried one of the two Oribe shampoo/conditioner packets I recently received as a (lame) pick-2. I only gave it a shot because BB once sent me an Oribe shampoo/conditioner to sample. From what I recall I really liked it but didn't purchase it because !Yowza! expensive. Eh, this one (which is a repair product) made me hair feel like straw while I was washing it. I tried not to feel bitter about about receiving foil shampoo packets as a pick-2 but now...

I got a Marcelle BB cream and a DDF moisturizer.  The BB cream is too dark for me, but may be usable to contour with.  Much better pick 2 than the endless parade of Hairkop.

• Like 1

Dr Jart Dis a Pore BB

Vasanti Detox Cleanser

Ok, I'm good with that!

Got the Aces Bonus pack, too - cute bag!

• Like 1

Apparently the Birchbox gods are trying to tell me that I need to bathe more often.

• Not Soap Radio bath/shower gel
  • Gilchrist & Soames spa therapy body wash

Both are relatively large (~1.5 ounces, give or take), multi-use samples.  Both will get used.  Not bad for a pick2.

(For anyone trying to test any theories -- this was on a non-Ace account, first time I've ever ordered anything from the shop on this account, order total was $63 before points and a code; after points and code, I paid about $2.50 out of pocket.)

• Like 6

Blah- two hairkop foils and another color club in a red shade.

Last month I got hairkop and color club in a different color. Bad luck!

I feel like I could lose my MUT membership card by saying this, but I really like the purple Hairkop Leave-In Conditioner.  I was so confused because I went to use it in the shower the other day after reading one of the labels that said leave it in for 3-5 minutes.  I squinted in the shower to reread the directions and nope, it's a leave-in.  It turns out there are two purple foils - one is a masque, the other a leave-in.  LOL.

• Like 2

Hmm, I only got one hairkop and a color club nail polish. Pretty disappointing!

I really like the purple Hairkop Leave-In Conditioner

I used the shampoo (orange packet, maybe)?  I liked it.  I think maybe these things are actually good products, but BB has not introduced them to us in a good way.

• Like 4

@@EmL - I've had multiple pick-twos that included the hairkop/obliphica, so it wasn't just 3 in one pick-two.

@@SneakyBurrito -- I had an orange serum/oil, but I don't remember seeing a shampoo.

And I just noticed they don't sell the leave-in conditioners on the BB site.  Womp womp.

• Like 2

I had an orange serum/oil, but I don't remember seeing a shampoo.

Maybe I misremembered the color.  I got some Hairkops recently and haven't used them yet so I went and looked at them, and that shampoo foil was purple.

• Like 1

I got a good pick 2 yesterday - Harvey Prince imperial gardenia and a Sumita eyeliner in black. I absolutely adore Harvey Prince and haven't tried the imperial gardenia so I'm thrilled. Plus, I think I'm one of the few that love perfume samples and can never have too many.

Question for you ladies: I ordered a shampoo and the cap was partially unscrewed and a bit leaked out. Everything in the box was in plastic bags so nothing was damaged, just gooey. Would you complain to bb? It ended up not being a huge loss if shampoo - maybe just an ounce or two. I feel guilty complaining for some weird reason but I am a bit bugged that I'll have more conditioner than shampoo now (I'm anal about my shampoo/conditioner ratios, lol).

I am a bit bugged that I'll have more conditioner than shampoo now (I'm anal about my shampoo/conditioner ratios, lol).

No matter HOW HARD I TRY I never use the same amount of shampoo and conditioner.  I always run out of conditioner first.  So while I was anal about ratios before, I had to eventually give up.

Anyway, if the product leaked, I'd let them know.  It's important to give feedback like that so they can improve their packaging, if nothing else.

• Like 1

No matter HOW HARD I TRY I never use the same amount of shampoo and conditioner. I always run out of conditioner first. So while I was anal about ratios before, I had to eventually give up.

Anyway, if the product leaked, I'd let them know. It's important to give feedback like that so they can improve their packaging, if nothing else.

If anything, I tend to use a bit more shampoo than conditioner. Had the conditioner leaked, I probably wouldn't have minded, but I know I'll end up with leftover conditioner. First World problems... I did let them know and they responded almost immediately. They are sending a new shampoo and gave me 100 points for the trouble. Much more than I expected!

• Like 1